Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

So. Deadline. What do we do?

It's clear we need to do something, but it's kinda hard to know what. We're in a weird position where I don't really want to give up talent, but they don't mesh at all and something's gotta give.
There hasnt been a higher price on players in this league in history

I mean, Malik+First rounder for a Collins rental, Nuh uh.

We are clearly not going to get anything for Culver, So may as well give him another year to see if he can learn to shoot

Hermangomez again, worth nothing, so may as well let it ride

Rubio. Whats his worth? A late first. Is he a difference maker? Only really to the clippers.

Malik if we could get a good pick. trade. If not, lets ride him untill off-season, I dont think he fits in with FO going Dlo/Edwards back-court. ]

Nowell/Reid, Contracts make it hard. producing well on cheap contracts. But wouldnt be entertained on many teams, completely expendable

Ild throw anything we got for Rubio/Malik at Gordon/Collins, But its clear both teams want more then 1 first rounder, They would want two, and it makes it hard as two firsts are the price for NBA starters nowdays.

There hasnt been a higher price on players in this league in history

I mean, Malik+First rounder for a Collins rental, Nuh uh.

We are clearly not going to get anything for Culver, So may as well give him another year to see if he can learn to shoot

Hermangomez again, worth nothing, so may as well let it ride

Rubio. Whats his worth? A late first. Is he a difference maker? Only really to the clippers.

Malik if we could get a good pick. trade. If not, lets ride him untill off-season, I dont think he fits in with FO going Dlo/Edwards back-court. ]

Nowell/Reid, Contracts make it hard. producing well on cheap contracts. But wouldnt be entertained on many teams, completely expendable

Ild throw anything we got for Rubio/Malik at Gordon/Collins, But its clear both teams want more then 1 first rounder, They would want two, and it makes it hard as two firsts are the price for NBA starters nowdays.
Yep, all of this pretty much came to fruition.

Rosas says that any of the trades we'd have liked to pull off would have cost us young talent which we weren't prepared to give up, but also noted that we just haven't seen enough of this team playing together.

I don't disagree with his points, and it's hard to see what we really could have done without much of interest, but yikes, what a wash of a season. It's hard to see how this team gets better with both cap constraints and limited assets of any value.

Next year we look better (classic Upgrayedd since 2013)

D'Lo-Nowell
Edwards-Malik
Cunningham (plz)-Okogie
McDaniels-Valderbilt
Kat-Naz

Thats a team that can put up shots and while wont defend the lights out will have the ability to score more then a lot of teams in the league

Lads. Not bottom!

Lads lads lads!!!!

Observations last 14 games.

Dlo is horrible defensively. But hell we didn't pick him up for that. His two man game with KAT is great and if we can get the right mix. Edwards picks up defensively and McDaniels keeps going. We're a play in at the west with two second year players.

Kat is a top 10 player

Edwards while is ROY has a lot to improve on. Almost need to flip what he is. He needs to improve his defence a lot. He needs to fire up and play hard off-ball. It's great if he's got the ball. When he's scoring he's getting steals. Defending ect.

Rubio-playing well which is great. As we need someone to want to take him. Ild take a second swap. Not any value but that 17m a year is massive for us.

Culver-need to trade off-season. He's good defensively but his confidence is shot. Andre Robinson on offended but a 4th of what Roberson is.

Layman-9th man. Contract is ok but we kind of need to fill the end of the bench.

Vanderbilt-expiring. If he's getting over 5m. Let him walk.

Reid-Not sure. Offensively he's ok. But he adds nothing. I don't think he's a backup big on the league. He's a minimum contract

Hermangomez-almost needs to give a piece. He's almost the worst PF defender I. The league. And shooting 32% from 3 is God awful.

McDaniels-yeah Boi.

Nowell-needa to play more PG.

McLaughlan. Again minimum deal or just let him go.

Another weird season all wrapped up.

The second half was fun to watch and did fill me with some cautious optimism. A great performance while starting DLo/Ant/McDaniels/Vanderbilt/KAT was a fabulous way to finish it. Finch looks legit and those above five all look worth persisting with. Good signs.

27.6% chance to keep the pick isn't great on paper, but the second half of the season showed enough to suggest that it might not be all doom and gloom without it.

The pick certainly gives us more flexibility and I'm still worried about what happens if we lose it, but the prospect is less terrifying than it was a few months ago.

Some buzz floating around about us chasing Myles Turner. Thoughts? Good/bad fit? Obviously a defensively-minded PF would be a slightly better fit but I think he and KAT can co-exist well together. I'm very keen.

D'Lo / Edwards / McDaniels / KAT / Turner would start to look legit.

Every day of the week. Guys a stud. One of the best defensive big men. We may get played off the floor however having two 7 footers on the court
Positive part of KAT being so versatile and taking a lot of the ball handling under Finch is that if we're exposed by having two bigs on the court, we can stagger the rotations and still get the best out of both of them. Play Turner heavy minutes with our offence-only crew and KAT heavy minutes with the defensive group, and then throw in some overlap for the mismatches it will generate. Think it can work.

No idea what a deal looks like but you'd think Beasley is the likely starting point. If Rosas can somehow make it happen with Ricky and not Beas we're set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Ricky. Last place you want to end up being a guard

Anyways. Don't mind the trade. Sheds about 5M in salary and paves the way for the Russell and Nowell PG rotation

Adds a dude who can potentially pick up minutes at the 3/4 and plays D
I'm sad to lose Ricky, but I don't mind the trade either.

Does make me worried McD might be out though.

Lauri is apparently our target

Plz no.

Lauri can flat out score, Unique for his position, But Lauri/Towns is a horrible fit, As KAT can guard much better, Rebound well and defends ok.

Lauri is allergic to rebounding, is a worse shooter, cant defend, and is purely a spot up shooter over 6'10", nothing more, who cant defend his position either

He's also a very dumb player.

I didn't expect anything and I'm still disappointed :(

Looks like we're trying to Trade Prince for either a PF or to shed his salary to sign someone. Me thinks to either offer Collins. Me thinks that's why Culver was being offered for nothing, then try to clear Hermangomez/prince/Malik for Collins which unfortunately only Malik has value

If we don't do anything before tip off opening night. I think this is a time Rossas needs to be honest with fans of what we were trying to do and why it didn't eventuate, as our plan can not surely be to run it back with the same roster less Ricky add Prince.

Don't mind it. Would love if he can install some grunt into KAT, Ant and D LO. Plus can always trade him with his expiring deal at deadline to a contender, and get something decent back I doubt Culver and Juancho would of netted much sitting on the bench all season.

Im a fan of the move

Culver is a good kid, plays some ok Defense but was mentally shot, Couldnt hit layups

6m a year for a taller Okogie

The Hermangomez for 8M was dogshit and a panic signing once we lost out on every PF. Hermangomez is unplayable in the NBA if hes not scoring, Which is often, His defense was ******* tragic. Teams were happy to let Juancho get the best looks he could see in the NBA if it means they could double KAT in the post. Ild take KAT in the post doubled taking a shot over Juancho with a couple of feet to get a shot off

Bev is a nasty campaigner who isnt the best player but has passion and will fight whoever hes defending in practise every day. D'lo isnt carrying the ball up day-dreaming in practise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back