Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

We need size before we need a ball handler. Need both though.
Jaden Mcdaniels went from unplayable and foul prone start of the year to being an issue close to the end

Cap space as of today
5 Million before the tax

Realisticly out
Layman
Prince

"Assets"
Mid First Round
Okogie
D'lo

Wish List
Banger Big
Sized vet PG who's pass first (Hey Rubio, u up?)

What do we do?

Jaden Mcdaniels went from unplayable and foul prone start of the year to being an issue close to the end

Cap space as of today
5 Million before the tax

Realisticly out
Layman
Prince

"Assets"
Mid First Round
Okogie
D'lo

Wish List
Banger Big
Sized vet PG who's pass first (Hey Rubio, u up?)

What do we do?
Honestly no idea. You'd suspect DLo's contract isn't easily movable yet and guys like Beasley and McD that looked like trade bait last season were immensely useful this season.

I reckon we make some moves around the periphery, maybe a vet big through FA/trade, then see what we've got pre-deadline next season.

Is there anyone available that you're interested in?

Honestly no idea. You'd suspect DLo's contract isn't easily movable yet and guys like Beasley and McD that looked like trade bait last season were immensely useful this season.

I reckon we make some moves around the periphery, maybe a vet big through FA/trade, then see what we've got pre-deadline next season.

Is there anyone available that you're interested in?
Honestly,

Nowell develops and we can go in with some Hybrid line-up of Nowell/McLaughlan and play another whack defensive scheme which just works

Like most amazing situation?

Trade D'lo, Get Bridges

The this is awesome situation? Mitchell Robinson prefers to come to us over Dallas

Myles Turner comes in on an expiring with the Idea he will get a big contract, and Russell is out

What is reasonably expected

Nic Claxton and we play Towns at PF

Dennis Schroder (however Teague vibes giving me shivers)

Tyrus Jones (Please)

Gobert a Wolf for Beverley, Kessler, Vanderbilt, Bolmaro, Beasley, and four first-round picks (3 unprotected, one top 5 protected).

I love the prospect of the fit, but that is an absurd package that was (1) surely way beyond what anybody else would pay; and (2) enough of a package to get a far better player.

Gobert a Wolf for Beverley, Kessler, Vanderbilt, Bolmaro, Beasley, and four first-round picks (3 unprotected, one top 5 protected).

I love the prospect of the fit, but that is an absurd package that was (1) surely way beyond what anybody else would pay; and (2) enough of a package to get a far better player.

but how often is it possible to trade in a player of that quality that is also a perfect fit?

I was pretty pessimistic about next year, the west is going to be a lot tougher is Denver and LAC back in the mix, maybe Portland to.
Wolves were damn lucky to get the 7th seed this year but this move makes them an automatic home seed next season if the key pieces stay healthy.
I'm sad to see Vando go though

but how often is it possible to trade in a player of that quality that is also a perfect fit?

I was pretty pessimistic about next year, the west is going to be a lot tougher is Denver and LAC back in the mix, maybe Portland to.
Wolves were damn lucky to get the 7th seed this year but this move makes them an automatic home seed next season if the key pieces stay healthy.
I'm sad to see Vando go though

The trade is on balance an overpay but coming back with the same core plus some fringe players in the draft wasnt going to cut it.

Vando is the only one I’m sad to lose. Beasley meh, Bolmaro may surprise, Kessler will take time to develop and PatBev’s value was cultural.

SloMo is a nice signing by the way. Solid dude.

I doubt they’ll get much for DLo and would be surprised if he isn’t on the team on opening day.

That’s a lot. They control your picks until KAT is 33. 7 years away. Gobert is 30 with some knee injuries.

KAT guarding the perimeter? What happens to his post touches? Does it get clogged up?

I dunno man.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Gobert has Sweet F all injury history and has been super reliable injury wise. Last time he missed games with a knee was 2017. He hurt his Ankle this year. So maybe that I guess?

KAT has traditionally guarded the perimeter a lot better then the paint, Most wolves supporters have screamed for it this year, Infact we were a better defensive team with him blitzing the PNR, until teams then attacked us again at the paint.

Kat's post touches? What are they? Saw some with Sam Mitchell as the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does occur to me that if Rosas had stayed we would have coughed up those picks for Ben Simmons.

ant break out. mcdaniels break out. dlo playing for his next contract. wolves to win 50+.

vomit emoji

this offense needs serious work
It's a big mess. Hard to think that the offence should be that much different replacing Vanderbilt with Gobert? We just seem unwilling to make a pass. No helping each other whatsoever unless MacLaughlan is on the floor.

I never realized how bad Rudy is in the front court until I watched the Phoenix game
His hands are bad, always have been but the rolls, cuts and post ups (he only does it on mismatches) are great options.
Unfortunately the none of the starters can make quick simple passes. The only players with IQ are role players like SlowMo, Prince and Jmac.
Iv got admiration for the way Jmac is playing but he is a 3rd string PG at best, the fact that he is the only real PG on the roster is a big part of the reason its not working.

Oh s**t, I did not know this thread existed but it feels like home now. Up the wolves

ant looking real good lately. be interesting to see if he keeps it going with rudy then kat back.

Quick take after 30 games

**Edwards becoming the man, His overall game has grown heaps in 10 games. Went from sulking a little bit, He's taking more of the offensive load, and *GASP learning how to playmake without having to run PNR, he's figuring out how his offense can create oppotunity for others rather being the mythical playmaking amazing passer people expect/demand from him

***Contract year D'lo is something else, I dont think there has been much better players then him last 10 games, He's playing off Edwards so well, and Previously posted before Edwards, He's getting a LOT of good looks because of Edwards, He isnt forcing s**t, He's taking the EASY open shot, hence his ******* TS would be something upwards of 55/60%. He doesnt have to be a 40% 3p Shooter, But he just didnt have to be garbage

NAZ ******* REID
NAZ ******* REID
NAZ ******* REID

Mobile and just an offensive threat

We've looked so much better, Once Kat comes in I think we'll have to remove him from the Post, let him operate purely from the Elbows and corners, He might only be a 15-20 PPG guy from now on, But if he hits 35% from 3, We're going to be a LOT better offensively

Gobert, Not a fan of the trade, But dunker spot and learn to catch? We good Homie, lots of good games, Lots of bad

This is a good run without Prince/KAT, Inserting Anderson has been great as it's another guy who can pass, which gives more oppotunity for McDaniels to be aggressive, He plays better when he gets 5/10 looks a game and He's been an amazing defender for us

Confident we at worst make the play-in, Good signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back