Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Take the 4 first rounds picks and start again Thibs.
Good point made on Twitter though: Thibs ain't accepting four picks he won't be around to make. If he doesn't get a player that helps us win now back for Jimmy, he likely won't be here to take any of the picks.

The first two picks will be 23-30. The last two of the Rockets picks could be worthwhile.

Good point made on Twitter though: Thibs ain't accepting four picks he won't be around to make. If he doesn't get a player that helps us win now back for Jimmy, he likely won't be here to take any of the picks.

Correct. And the players reputedly on offer (Brandon Knight and Marqueese Chriss) are both injured and s**t.

Miami is sniffing around again.

All I require is Butler gone.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Thibs the worst thing to happen to this organisation.. I’ll be honest and say I liked the Butler trade in isolation at the time but honestly they were very short sighted. No ones winning anything while GSW are steamrolling everyone so there was no need to get Jimmy.

Dunn, LM and Lavine along with Wiggins and Towns would’ve been a pretty nice starting 5 in a couple of years when the Warriors start slowing down.

On top of that the stupid contracts he keeps offering and trying to reunite his old Bulls. The guy is living in the past and has no vision for the future.. comes across in his tactics as well as his management. Him and Jimmy need to be shown the door asap

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Thibs the worst thing to happen to this organisation.. I’ll be honest and say I liked the Butler trade in isolation at the time but honestly they were very short sighted. No ones winning anything while GSW are steamrolling everyone so there was no need to get Jimmy.

Dunn, LM and Lavine along with Wiggins and Towns would’ve been a pretty nice starting 5 in a couple of years when the Warriors start slowing down.

On top of that the stupid contracts he keeps offering and trying to reunite his old Bulls. The guy is living in the past and has no vision for the future.. comes across in his tactics as well as his management. Him and Jimmy need to be shown the door asap

Also if Thibs as capable of drafting more than one type of player he probably would of picked Murray over Dunn like most people would of

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
I tried to follow the T-wolves when Wiggins got traded from Cleveland.
I wanted to follow a team at the bottom with young potential stars.
I am now off the bandwagon. (on the 76ers due to Simmons)
My point of view is the team should be doing everything they can to keep Butler and trade Wiggins and even Towns.
Butler is a proven star and all-star with an amazing work ethic.
He is someone I would build a team around.

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
My point of view is the team should be doing everything they can to keep Butler and trade Wiggins and even Towns.

Why would you build a team around a 29 years old who has only ever played 82 games once. He isn't a top 10 talent in the NBA and never has been. KAT has that potential and then some. That's who you build a team around and add guys like Butler to. I love Jimmy, pretty sad how it all turned out. I was never against he move. The Wolves being such a small market can never turn down star power like that, but at the same time a lot of fans knew we were never getting close to Golden state or any of the other top teams Houston, Cavs ect

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
marquese chriss And Brandon Knight eligible for trade on the 31st.. Zach Lowe seems to think once they are a trade with Houston could happen

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
29 year old who's now burnt bridges at two teams. At Wiggin's age Butler was not even getting gametime.

Naturally building a team around a guy to be 30 who's a proven dickhead is an absolute bonehead move for a franchise and i hope Glen Taylor doesnt read your post.

Towns is 22 years old, Wiggins 23, Both have 10+ years to go. We have much more chance to complete with Towns and Wiggins as our 1/2 then we have at a 30 year butler being paid 40M. It's not even a question. Towns is offensively everything you want in a center and is just a couple of years of conditioning to become defensively what you want.

Sorry Dan Gilbert. No deal.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
marquese chriss And Brandon Knight eligible for trade on the 31st.. Zach Lowe seems to think once they are a trade with Houston could happen
I can;'t think of a worse player to slot in then Brandon Knight. Our PG situation is already weird. Marquese Chriss ild be ok with. I think he could be a productive NBA player.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Also Okogie. Super happy with his production. Defensively a pest. I think he could be a solid Player at worst

KAT quietly having a bipolar season. His rim Protection has clearly grown. Averaging two blocks. Still defensive rebounding has a bit to go however he has improved. people are laying into his offensive numbers being down

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
I can;'t think of a worse player to slot in then Brandon Knight. Our PG situation is already weird. Marquese Chriss ild be ok with. I think he could be a productive NBA player.
Both would just be there as salary fillers so we can get the 4 picks. Chriss would be up there with one of the worst tall defenders in the league, can't move his feet and fouls like crazy, but he is worth having thrown in. Knight is cooked and we would only have to carry his corpse for 2 years.

It all comes down to how the later picks in that deal are procteted. It's an interesting deal

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
The four picks don't interest me.

The two earliest picks will be extremely late and offer little value. The two latest ones are five and seven years away and this team can't wait that long for a return on our investment; not to mention Houston may still find a way to perform well in those seasons. Knight is garbage and not a good fit, Chriss may be ok but is a long shot. The cap space is useless as the only players we're capable of attracting are Thibs homers.

Wiggins and KAT aren't enough. This deal doesn't really help us add a third piece in a timely manner. I would rather figure out a Miami deal centred around 1-2 of Dragic/Richardson/Winslow, a 76ers deal featuring Saric/Fultz, or a deal with another team that gives us access to picks in a timelier fashion.

Last edited:

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Richardson is the one I would go after. I'm not saying I agree with the deal or the players. I honestly think Chriss is one of the worst talls in the league and would put my house on him not making it. The picks are interesting enough because Jimmy is going to walk at years end. From all reports Miami have left the party.

I don't think the deal will be done because 1. Thibbs needs to win now and 2. I doubt Taylor will own the team when those picks mean anything anyway. So both will probably agree it's a s**t trade

Collingwood pro

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wiggins has actually shown some slight improvement in this small sample size this season
Taking away his injury game and he's averaging:
20 points 4.5 rebounds 2 assists 2 steals with 40% from three 82.4% from the free throw line

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
So happy for DRose, was not a fan of the signing at all.. but to see how much that ment to him at the end of the game and to talk about the franchise and the fans before himself was aweosme.

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
So happy for DRose, was not a fan of the signing at all.. but to see how much that ment to him at the end of the game and to talk about the franchise and the fans before himself was aweosme.

It was a phenominal performance but the whole team looked better with him at PG
the other starters played well off him, it was the most effective Towns has looked offensive in a long time he even got on the end of a pick & roll :eek:
Even with Rose taking 30 shots the ball seemed to move better than usual.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
It was a phenominal performance but the whole team looked better with him at PG
the other starters played well off him, it was the most effective Towns has looked offensive in a long time he even got on the end of a pick & roll :eek:
Even with Rose taking 30 shots the ball seemed to move better than usual.
Rose has been good. He obviously gets more shots then most but he has the licence to attack and be the guy for the bench. He's a lot smarter of a player

Plus his defense has been good this season as well. MUCH better then Teague.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Anyone coming around to D.Rose to start yet?

The key with Rose has always been - if you give him the keys to the offence, give him his minutes and tell him to go into attack mode - he can start and win you games.

I'd start both Rose or Butler and have one or the other on the court at all times as that primary option.

If KAT and Wiggins can accept 3rd and 4th option roles and put greater focus on the defensive end then I'm not sure other than Golden State who is better.

Back