Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
8m is High for a PG who cant create his own shot. He's an EXCELLENT back up PG. He's VanVleet without the 3p Range.

8M a year is too much. 15m 3 years yeah we gamble, Cap space to sign someone next to towns is more important then keeping a great bench PG.

Saric move was good. I'll fight anyone on this. Especially Dannnnnnnnnn (High noon, 3pm Werribe Carpark) Saric just didnt fit in with us. Wildly inconsistent shot, He wasn't a difference maker for us. Plus he's going to be offfered 12m+ from other teams. We're going to cap space and after going hard on 3 expiring rookie deals only Kat's has made sense even at the time before he's earned a cent of it. We can all agree the Wiggins/Dieng were iffy as soon as pen hit paper.

We moved from pick 11 which the talent dried up after Rui. I think Heroo/ Little have talent but it was a draft with some great top end talent, some potential all stars through 4-10 and just fell off massively. They drafted Cam Johnson, I think his ceiling is a bad season from Buddy Hield. Cutler should be a 10 year pro. I know we were going for garland, But i think We played our hand of wanting Garland too much,Cleveland picked him up in hopes we would cough up a future first in a trade. More then Happy for Rosas to og "Thanks but you have two players in the exact same height, mould and type of player, good luck with it!"

Happy for it, clears space for 2020, Where while the FA agency pool is try 2021 is good. If KAT shows signs of still being a 25-12, Get some good rookie/value deals. We are right in the running to sign a second guy

Rosas obviously see's the Signing wiggins to 30m, Dieng to 16m and Teague crippled us. because he's not a dumb s**t trying to get us bounced out of the first round as a sucess

It's all about building around KAT,
We did that a bit with Russell too. Although it probably wasn’t a secret we’d be targeting PGs.. just wish we’d played our cards a bit closer until deals are over the line. Telegraphing your moves sets you up for disappointment. “We’ve got pathways to clear the cap” getting everyone’s hopes up. Lakers and Knicks being arrogant in their pursuits of Kawhi and KD/Kyrie. The sides that have been successful have been the ones that have just got in and got the job done, rather than trying to justify it to everyone before it’s over the line. If the Clippers missed out on PG13 and Kawhi for example, you would never have thought it was a possibility. That’s the path I’d prefer us taking.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
our shot chart against Dallas. Looking good! Notice no shithole long 2's. I expect going on the season KAT will still be able to take elbow jumpers

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
Wow KAT...

And if wiggins realises he doesn’t have a jumper and just either attacks the rim or passes off then he could have a good year as he was good late.

loved the energy that was on display from graham and okogie.

culver looked overawed but should settle in time.

layman is better then I was expecting

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
It's hard editing all my Wiggins hate posts l, easier to delete.

His turnaround has been amazing, it's not like he's shooting the 3 at a decent clip. He s doing exactly the opposite of what I thought he needed to do to evolve.

Handling the ball more. His handles are a LOT better and it's unlocked his athletism.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
8m is High for a PG who cant create his own shot. He's an EXCELLENT back up PG. He's VanVleet without the 3p Range.

8M a year is too much. 15m 3 years yeah we gamble, Cap space to sign someone next to towns is more important then keeping a great bench PG.

Saric move was good. I'll fight anyone on this. Especially Dannnnnnnnnn (High noon, 3pm Werribe Carpark) Saric just didnt fit in with us. Wildly inconsistent shot, He wasn't a difference maker for us. Plus he's going to be offfered 12m+ from other teams. We're going to cap space and after going hard on 3 expiring rookie deals only Kat's has made sense even at the time before he's earned a cent of it. We can all agree the Wiggins/Dieng were iffy as soon as pen hit paper.

We moved from pick 11 which the talent dried up after Rui. I think Heroo/ Little have talent but it was a draft with some great top end talent, some potential all stars through 4-10 and just fell off massively. They drafted Cam Johnson, I think his ceiling is a bad season from Buddy Hield. Cutler should be a 10 year pro. I know we were going for garland, But i think We played our hand of wanting Garland too much,Cleveland picked him up in hopes we would cough up a future first in a trade. More then Happy for Rosas to og "Thanks but you have two players in the exact same height, mould and type of player, good luck with it!"

Happy for it, clears space for 2020, Where while the FA agency pool is try 2021 is good. If KAT shows signs of still being a 25-12, Get some good rookie/value deals. We are right in the running to sign a second guy

Rosas obviously see's the Signing wiggins to 30m, Dieng to 16m and Teague crippled us. because he's not a dumb s**t trying to get us bounced out of the first round as a sucess

It's all about building around KAT,
* wouldn't of minded Herro

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
I hate watching this pickup ball offense, I can see it kind of works sometimes and there are too many hack players to run a proper one but..

I generally enjoyed watching the team more in Sam Mitchell's year in charge even though there was 80% chance of a loss every game

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
* me. Trash

What happened? Culver is rough. Like Dunn rough
Teague trying to play himself to a contender by playing turnstyle D and trying to be a isohero

Covington has no interest anymore

Wiggins. Well his defensive effort is great. Still needs a lot of offense run through him to be an All Star

Trade Roco for a first. Clean Teague and Dieng. Try to trade for something to keep KAT happy.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
It seems he ain’t happy but surely unless a godfather offers comes he ain’t being traded

Could be the Best big man in the game for me

Tough decision but would take him over Davis and Embiid

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
this Pod was really good, Britt really sums up Towns really well (if that story really did come from his people)
Bullet points?

We've played really well. Not sure if it's bettter rotations or having a better spread of usage. Having Naiper as a PG as been a godsend, Struggled early, Getting better

Wasnt sold on Culver but he seems to be working out what he can and cant do in the league, He's realised hes as athletic as anyone on the court his size last couple of weeks

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Okogie hasnt progressed offensively but defensively he's a stud, Absolutely long as well

We have one issue though. Dieng has been a huge since KAT has been out, better yet, He's been an absolute stud defensively. Naz Reid as well. Fitting back in KAT makes it a little tricky as you dont want to ruin the flow.

infact the only 3 "Negative/Average" defenders we have is KBD, Wiggins (Hes still average) and turnstyle Teague

Back