Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Okogie hasnt progressed offensively but defensively he's a stud, Absolutely long as well

We have one issue though. Dieng has been a huge since KAT has been out, better yet, He's been an absolute stud defensively. Naz Reid as well. Fitting back in KAT makes it a little tricky as you dont want to ruin the flow.

infact the only 3 "Negative/Average" defenders we have is KBD, Wiggins (Hes still average) and turnstyle Teague
The game against Houston shows that we need KAT desperately. He would’ve been nailing his shots. So many bricks today

A couple of years ago I was fine with the Jimmy trade, however we should of offloaded Wiggins and Lavine would end up better

He is, that Wiggins contract is a ******* Anchor and we need to clear it, even if it bites us on the ass and hes suddenly becomes an all star. We need to rebuild around Kat.

Same thing Memphis did with Gay, then Toronto did. There is no room for wing players who are at best operate in the paint but can't put the ball on the deck.

We need to clear Roco while his value his high, clear Wiggins, Dieng and give Culver some more time to Shine, draft a high level wing or PG

A couple of years ago I was fine with the Jimmy trade, however we should of offloaded Wiggins and Lavine would end up better

He is, that Wiggins contract is a ******* Anchor and we need to clear it, even if it bites us on the ass and hes suddenly becomes an all star. We need to rebuild around Kat.

Same thing Memphis did with Gay, then Toronto did. There is no room for wing players who are at best operate in the paint but can't put the ball on the deck.

We need to clear Roco while his value his high, clear Wiggins, Dieng and give Culver some more time to Shine, draft a high level wing or PG
Only problem is that no one is going to touch wiggins contract unless a player like culver goes with him.

Only problem is that no one is going to touch wiggins contract unless a player like culver goes with him.
Do it.

i'll say this. Unless KAT can plaay in the defensive scheme and we can get some legit shooters around Wiggins/Towns. we're not anywhere near finals.

Err, am I missing something with KAT not being named an all-star? 27/11/4 on 64.6 TS%? 41% from 3? The only players who score more efficiently than him average at least 10 less PPG?

Err, am I missing something with KAT not being named an all-star? 27/11/4 on 64.6 TS%? 41% from 3? The only players who score more efficiently than him average at least 10 less PPG?

the team sucks and his refusal to lock in on defense is a big part of that.
Also despite all the numbers he is easily shut down in the 4th

Missed many games and currently while he has a 65% TS% him anchoring the defense the opposition is probably averaging 70% TS

With a few days left before trade deadline. What can we expect out of Rosas?
What can we get in return for RoCo?
Can we move Wiggins? Highly doubtful.
Do we blow it all up and trade out Kat?

Him anchoring the defense is a shitshow. That is all. While offensively hes a generational talent and its like having another wing player on the court who can put the big man on Skates, Defensively hes slow to react, gambles on everything and leaves us scrambling. If he played more within the system we would be fine. Hes also horrific in the PNR situations.

We need to get a lottery pick for Roco

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beasley a nice pick up I like that. Turner expiring deal. Hernagomez will play some meaningful minutes with not many who can play at the 4. Don't know much about Vanderbilt and the pick may come in handy before deadline or offseason.

As the roster stands for current players will see G into the starting line up, a lot more point Wiggins and Point Culver. Naz Reid to get more court time to back up Kat. Some of that not a bad thing

Beasley a nice pick up I like that. Turner expiring deal. Hernagomez will play some meaningful minutes with not many who can play at the 4. Don't know much about Vanderbilt and the pick may come in handy before deadline or offseason.
plenty of talent. A good free hit

Losing KBD feels like Lavine all over again. It will bite us

Very glad we didn’t give Lavine 80m. Don’t miss him at all.

Beasley is an upgrade on Bates-Diop but he‘s a restricted free agent this summer. Vanderbilt might be sneaky good too.

A good trade for the Wolves. Personally I’ve have hung onto Covington and looked for a deal in the summer but decent work today.

Just don’t give up the farm for Russell.

Great moves

We got the Nets pick which shall be hopefully anything from 15-25 for Roco. Happy, Thanks for everything Covington,

Juan is a PF who cant play in the paint, Absolutely perfect. The paint Belongs to Wiggsy and Towns. He played well when needed at Denver. SO we take a gamble on him for Trash which didnt work out

Beasley is a gun, We might have to pay him 15m a year, but hes seriously under-rated. Devers loss. Lets see how he goes as he has something to prove as well wanting a contract

Naiper is a loss,

Voleh/Bell/KBD are not losses.

We get better assets, lose a bit of defense but we're a better team. We definately need a PG, If we cant land D'lo Ild take a punt on Muiday or Dennis Smith Jr for a second rounder

Really think there’s only a couple of options. If we haven’t paired Kat with a quality guard by next deadline you’d have to have a serious think about trading him and starting again, especially if it’s an AD/PG type haul coming back.

The way he’s been carrying on during the losing streaks and trade deadline is not what you want from your number 1. Jimmy was 100% right, even if he did act like a bit of a dick about it. Kat is one of the best in the league on talent alone, but doesn’t have the ability to put the team on his back and will them over the line. It’s a shame Jimmy and Kat never got along as Jimmy was the perfect guy to complement him and Wigs on the court. I still think if Kat was part of a dynamic one-two with DLo (for example), with shooters around him and someone to help on inside D, he would thrive. He’s not in the same mould as Garnett.

This is a bit surreal. Only five players left from when Rosas joined and KAT and Okogie the longest tenured players on the roster.

The Dieng move hurts the most, a really bizarre trade that doesn't save us money and makes us worse.

Anyone want to take a punt at the starting lineup? Too many names I don't know to weigh up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back