Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you guys watch most of the games or do you follow mostly through the media?
And to those who do consistently watch games does Bjelica going off for 30 surprise you at all?

I have been pulling my hair out all year that Thibbs cannot work out a way to give this guy more minutes or actually run some plays for him. Bjelica works hard off the ball and gets open a lot but is mostly ignored.
when he puts the ball on the deck/drives he makes good passing decisions and finishes well at the ring.
Now Thibbs literally has no other choice but to play him big minutes and he plays great.

I have thought for a while (and now more and more people are starting to say) that the development of most players on the roster when Thibbs took over has effectively stalled and the only reason the Wolves have a better record this years is because of Butler.

-Towns doesn't get enough shots (his back to the basket game seems to be deteriorating which i'm sure is because of lack of reps)
-Bjelica is under used^^
-Dieng doesn't have any real role on offense (while teams like Boston run action through the post (with hacks like Baynes) on nearly every possession to set up open jump shots)
-whats next, get Jones out of the rotation in favor of Rose?

Iso Butler is impressive but we don't need to settle for that with this roster, and if Thibbs didn't maybe the team wouldn't be in such a hole now.

Hobestly think he should be getting 25mpg a minimum. Excellent stroke. Hes often used ib the corner to stretch the floor (where he cant play) hes excellent off the shoulders
I was about to roast you until I realised you weren't talking about DRose

I was about to roast you until I realised you weren't talking about DRose
List
Butler/Wiggins/Teague/Jones/ all make up for a lack of 3pt shot by being aggressive to the basket, which is fine

If your have shooters who you have to respect on the 3pt, Which is currently Crawford and Towns. With Teague/Wiggins ok

So we sign D rose in a position we're actually OK on

Thibs the Front Office Guy is not endearing himself to me.

******* DRose. He can sit next to Aaron Brooks and say thank you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.

That Teague/Wiggins/Butler/Taj/Kat group is mad, but the second unit doesnt click

I think Kat/Butler needs to play with Jones/Crawford much more.
Yep, Thibs is obsessed with having that main five on the court as often as possible. He doesn't stagger their rest enough because he wants them on the court together. So instead of having a couple of those guys playing with the bench and stabilising it, we haemorrhage points while they rest together.

I get it, but it doesn't make sense for this roster.

Wigs upset that he's the third option on the team... it's almost like he's the third best player on the team.

Wigs upset that he's the third option on the team... it's almost like he's the third best player on the team.
And unfortunately for him, Bjelica is closing fast.

If he uses it as motivation to push himself harder, good. If he’s just going to sulk because he thinks he’s better than KAT and/or Butler he needs a reality check.

Embarrassing loss this morning. 11 points in the last quarter against probably the worst team in the league. Going to make a dent in this run towards play-offs.

Form is truly awful at the moment, Butler cannot come back quick enough, otherwise I wouldn't back us to beat the Lakers & at least one of these games against Denver. I think that might be the bare minimum required to get into the playoffs, a prospect that has lost a lot of its appeal.

Memphis and Denver to close the season.

Go 2-0 from here and we're in the playoffs.

Go 1-1 and Denver loses to Portland and we're in.

0-2 and we're out.

The sideshow is the pick scenario: fall out of playoffs and we keep our pick, and if OKC make playoffs we get theirs.

So hard to predict. We're not playing great but having Jimmy and Teague back helps.

We just have to find a way to bring in some wing depth over the off-season. Reliable 3&D guy would be fantastic. Can't lose Bjelica to FA either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back