Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

So, I think we've ****ed up massively with Dieng. He's 16m, Absolute over-pay

I think it'll take OKC's first rounder to get rid of him. And that puts us at about 100m

1-Nemaj

3m Currently, I think a 3 year 6M per year deal might be a lowball, but If we can stretch it, Good, Offer him security over a high figure. Most likely will say GAGF However

2-Trade Dieng

We need to trade Dieng to

1-Keep Nemaj

2-Create about 10M Dollars salary

3-Bench

We have Justin Patton, and a HEAP of cheaper Bigs around (Dedmon for Example, 28, started hitting 3's) or any big willing to play for 5-7 Million

Market for a Juicy First rounder

-Lebron Jamesless Cleveland

-Phoenix Suns

-Brooklyn If we give them 2

Who we need

-Someone who can Handle the ball, Pass and shoot, Remove all our deficiencies.....On a Budget

-Wilson Chandler
-Bojan Bogdanovic
-Will barton

yep... then a first round match up with the rockets.. so I guess we have either 1 or 5 games left for the year. Can't see us stealing one off them in the first round

Most likely the we take the 8 seed yes, but there is still a few possibilities left to finish higher.

Obviously I want to make playoffs and would be disappointed not to...but it's in some ways a bit of a win/win situation. Having the OKC pick plus our own lottery pick would be really helpful in chasing wing depth and dumping Dieng.

Again, though, I'll be hoping for a big win on Thursday.

Lonnie Walker, Mikal Bridges or the kid from Texas tech can't remember his name would be nice but doubt any would get to our picks and like Bill Simmons said in a recent podcast about the clippers and trade there to picks to get into the top 10 - He said there won't be a market for that this year.. without pulling up a mock draft and having a good look I'm not sure what sorta 3 and D guys would be there around our picks.

Lonnie Walker, Mikal Bridges or the kid from Texas tech can't remember his name would be nice but doubt any would get to our picks and like Bill Simmons said in a recent podcast about the clippers and trade there to picks to get into the top 10 - He said there won't be a market for that this year.. without pulling up a mock draft and having a good look I'm not sure what sorta 3 and D guys would be there around our picks.
Not riding on the .5% chance of pick 1? :D

I more meant as a trade asset though. It would just be handy to have it there.

Not riding on the .5% chance of pick 1? :D

I more meant as a trade asset though. It would just be handy to have it there.
Haha only the Cavs would have that luck. Watch them pick up the top pick via Brooklyn this year..

Do we only keep our pick if we miss?

Haha only the Cavs would have that luck. Watch them pick up the top pick via Brooklyn this year..

Do we only keep our pick if we miss?
Yeah, it's lottery protected, so if we fall out of the playoffs we keep it (and convey it to Atlanta in the future). Otherwise it's the Hawks'.

OKC making playoffs means we're guaranteed at least one first rounder though, which is nice. Should help move Dieng as Upgrayedd suggested.

That was fun to watch, so many big offensive plays by Denver
Jokic, Murray and Barton were all incredible.
All the Wolves players looked locked in from the start I cannot think of anybody that played badly overall.
I thought Towns did all he could to defend Jokic but he just kept hitting contested rainbows over him but Taj guarded him in the 4th and his physicality just shut him down.
Taj was just huge down the stretch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thibs wants someone who can defend the perimeter and shoot a 3

Oh, Like we needed when you locked up Gibson for 14m a year for two years now have F all salary cap?
I get this argument, I do, but I struggle to see us getting as far as we did without Taj. Dude was glue.

I'd love Marcus Smart. Pairing him next to Butler in big situations we'd be tough to beat. Yeah he can't shoot but anyone watching the finals could see the defencive culture he'd bring to any team. He's an out and out game winner on that end. I'd love him over Wiggins but yeah, it won't happen.

Step 1: Fire Thibs.

did anyone else see that stuff of twitter about Thibs and Scott Layden getting in a heated argument and a Laptop being held through a window?
Someone else also claimed he banned Towns from talking to Jim Peterson because he was being too critical of the team on FSN's coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back