Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Aldrich has been waived.

Bjelica has been tendered his qualifying offer , making him RFA. If we sign him that will push us towards the tax line, so the non tax MLE isn’t really available.

Players we've apparently contacted, mostly per Wolfson: Vince Carter, Davis Bertans, Corey Brewer, Dante Cunningham, Mike Scott, David Nwaba, Ian Clark, Derrick Favors, Amir Johnson, Nick Young, Jeff Green, Malcolm Delaney, Treveon Graham, James Ennis, Lance Stephenson, Jabari Bird, Anthony Tolliver.

And we reounced Bjelica

What the actual ****, Stop this ride i want to get off

Basically replaced him with Tolliver. Not the worst move, but will miss belly. Tolliver is a better catch and shooter, also should give Gibson a chop out. Not bad defensively either.

Tolliver is actually pretty decent. I'd take him over Cunningham who we had been linked to again. But yeah would of prefered we kept Belly

So the season before KAT, Butler and Teague come out of contract we essentially replace Bjelica and Crawford with Tolliver and a couple of rookies that Thibs won't play whilst those around us improve.

Uggghhhhhhh.
Replacing Crawford with literally nothing is a net gain though.

I don't know much about Tolliver, but all I want is shooting. Looking at stats Tolliver seemingly had a pretty hot shooting season that I don't think he can reproduce, surely Bjelica can't have been that expensive to keep around? Don't think it's a huge needle mover either way though, I just really like Belly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sad we were one of many teams to make our "moves" within the first few days. Honestly how much demand was there on resigning Rose? Tolliver had interest im sure but there are so many like him around. Renouncing Bjelica so early aswell. I feel like there will be some great 1 year bargains at the back end of this FA period with almost every Team capped out and in the luxury tax

Any talk of a Butler trade? No point keeping him so that he can like every rumour on Instagram and * off after taking us to the 8th seed again.

Any talk of a Butler trade? No point keeping him so that he can like every rumour on Instagram and **** off after taking us to the 8th seed again.

Unless he requests a trade, I’d say the chance of us moving him is close to zero.

Tolliver can play, btw. I think it’s good work.

We won't be moving Butler and there is still a huge chance we keep him. Him declining the extension worth 100m is nothing compared to the potential super max we can offer (190mil) or in the open market he can get around 140mil. It's a no brainer for him to decline. Doesn't mean he is out the door even tho the signs aren't great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back