Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

42226016_1136989093130468_7479672407679041536_n.jpg

Poor old thibs if he didn't run jimmy into the ground and worked out how to just even use a 6th man possibly could of been a top 4 seed last season.

If KAT is unhappy get rid of thibs, no one is coming to Minnesota by choice only via trade. Get rid of butler and just throw 40mil a year at him over 5.

The wigg is overpaid for no reason, rose is only playing to keep getting his endorsement cheque for being on a roster. If New York is a possible destination to team up with kyrie in the future mudiay, hardaway plus maybe picks.

Better deal with Brooklyn although I doubt he will sign an extension which will completely lower his trade value

What do you think we'll get out of it?
Absolutely nothing

If we can Shift Dieng's contract with it for an expiring thats a huge win. Orlando for Vucavic/Ross and a first for Dieng/Butler is perfect

Honestly i'ld take two role players. best bet is Miami for say Josh Richardson/Winslow would be an awesome outcome (in circumstances) which gives us two downgrades but fills up some wing players and either of those are borderline starters and decent role players

Clippers dont have much for us either. They wouldnt take Dieng. Harrell/Harris however are on cap friendly deals.

Last edited:
I jumped on the Twolves when Wiggins got traded for Love.
Being a Richmond supporter i wanted to support a team that was down and live their rise up the ladder.
Since Tom Thibodeau became coach i have gone right off them.
He seems to be Fing the place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I jumped on the Twolves when Wiggins got traded for Love.
Being a Richmond supporter i wanted to support a team that was down and live their rise up the ladder.
Since Tom Thibodeau became coach i have gone right off them.
He seems to be Fing the place.
I got more joy out of the Flip/Mitchell teams

This article makes sense

To facilitate a Butler trade, the sort of broader deal necessary to meet the financial needs of Minnesota and Butler’s future team, circumstances will necessitate bringing the Sacramento Kings into the process. If the Timberwolves remain intent on unloading backup center Gorgui Dieng and the three years, $48 million left on his contract, they’ll need the Kings. No one in the NBA comes close to the $11 million in salary cap space that the Kings possess to absorb a contract, as well as the several expiring contracts — including Zach Randolph ($11.6 million), Iman Shumpert ($11 million) and Kosta Koufos ($8.7 million) — to move onto a team that prefers to clear cap space in July.

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1206845/

http://www.startribune.com/timberwolves-are-feeling-the-pain-of-jimmy-butler-s-injury/475746033/

The numbers that jump out are the Wolves’ offensive and defensive rating with Butler on the floor and without him. Defensive and offensive rating track how many points per 100 possessions (or roughly the average length of an NBA game) a team allows or scores when a player is on the floor. The Wolves’ offensive rating when Butler is on the floor is 113.1. Their defensive rating is 105.3, for a net rating of plus 7.8 points per game, the highest net rating on the Wolves.

However, when Butler isn’t on the floor, the Wolves’ offensive rating is 107.7, their defensive rating is an eye-popping 113.7 for a net rating of negative 6.0.

To put the defensive ratings in perspective, with Butler on the floor the Wolves would have the 11th-best defensive rating. Without him they would have the worst defensive rating in the league, almost three points worse than the worst team in the league, the Suns (110.4).

It comes as no surprise considering Butler is regarded as a top defensive player in the league.

No Butler, no Wolves D it seems.

Thibs persisting with the ISO heavy offence, everyone is getting a bigger share of it though.

7 assists for the Wolves, 24 for Warriors

Thibs persisting with the ISO heavy offence, everyone is getting a bigger share of it though.

7 assists for the Wolves, 24 for Warriors
Yep. Still dont think we'll get far with the offense. Liked the look of the rookie.

Wiggins - 28 minutes for 4 points.

Getting very hard to feel any form of excitement for the regular season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back