Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on his body. There is no doubt he is better PG than Teague, seems to get KAT more involved too. But not sure if he is capable of playing 30 Min plus consistently. I think leading that bench unit is perfect for him, for where he is in his career.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'm strong on Rose not only starting (ahead of Teague), but also that he needs to play at least 30 minutes a game.

If Rose needs back to backs off, rest games. No dramas. He doesn't have to force it with the minutes. But when he plays minutes, gets his touches. He can do a lot on offence towards helping a team win games. He also rises against good opponents and when the responsibility is raised.

Those who watched pre-injury Rose would know against the better PGs his numbers would elevate and their numbers would dip dramatically. Then play him in the playoffs and give him touches and he elevates again. He'll pick his games where he really finds that other gear, but he knows which games to pick.

Thibs is sticking to the 9 man rotation. When even though we have a few "issues"

Wiggins is straight up in a form slump. Im not sure Benching him is the right thing to do. But jesus guys. Hot trash right now

Saric i feel needs to play more. Needs more Minutes from Gibson

The Teague/Rose/Jones rotating them between the 1/2 is fine. We need to shade some minutes off Teague and give them to Okogie. Dude went from straight energy to benching

Idealy

Kat-35
Gibson-25
Covington-33
Wiggins-27
Teague-28

Rose-30
Jones-8
Dieng-15
Daric-25
Okogie-15
Tolliver-7

We play Kat 38MPG even when he fouls out. We have a great 3p shooter benched, A great defensive rookie benched.

I think end of season we look like

Kat
Saric
Covington
Wiggins
Teague

With Okogie/Gibson/Rose comming off the bench thats a dynamic defender, a Veterin big and a great PG off we're top 6 in the west. Our coaching is holding us back.

Rose has definitely improved his 3 point shooting.
Unprecedented 47% from 3.
Is certainly driving his improved play.

Only twice shot more than 30% for a season.
His highest 33%
Impossible to have seen that coming. I’m happy for him if it sticks, must have worked really hard.

Thibs goneski. Saunders of the Ryan variety interim coach. Layden remains as GM for now. Fred Hoiberg and Monty Williams under consideration for HC/GM. FO also apparently doesn't want one person to fill both POBO and HC roles again.

Taylor says the main reason for the decision is us losing too many games that we should have won, and to too many teams that we're better than.

Last edited:
Huge

Too late. Boats sailed this season

Hopefully.play a lot less rigid in offense. More Darios and roco gambles.

Also tell wiggins to go to the ******* ring. Hes 100% better and not a net negative when being ultra aggressive to the ring then playing 90s nba ball

Ok.

Wiggins is an absolute negative and our rotation should be

Teague
Okogie
Covington
Gibson
Kat

Wiggins deserves 15MPG. Tolliver is a better option right now

He's turned up ******* once. Against PG where he looked loke a ******* defensive monster, Absolutely bothing the second best in form player in the NBA that time in PG. Harrassing him on the defensive end. Wanting the ball to take it to PG the other end

What happens next? ******* passive. He waits. No player on 30m a season Waits for things to happen. He will give up on a player playing defense, He wants to continue his dribble into the key. Your an athletic freak, get some space and steamroll yoself in. If its not there pass out.

He shouldnt be taking mid range shots. It clogs it up for Kat. Gibson. He's playing worse then Melo did last season, but at 23 years old.

We've got the biggest albatross of a contract in the NBA right now. Trading Lavine was a mistake. I know he cant play D either but he wants the moment, Can shoot and slashes to the ring

Wiggins doesnt work off the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is wiggins taking the piss? Are the timberwolves taking the piss

Officially averaging under 18 PPG on under 40% shooting. Hes been god ******* awful. Even his contract aside hes been awful.

We did NOTHING trade deadline. Scott Layton quoted as "everything happened so fast we couldnt assess the market"

Its your ******* job dude. Well it is untill april.

We currently have two injury plagued PGs so were starting bayliss FFS

Im not asking to trade the farm, we should be in the mix for the playoffs. Its going to take a bullshit hot streak for us now. Dropping games to orlando is unacceptable

However love that Dario has finally clicked

Yep Wiggins is a real problem at the minute. Not really any way out of it but at the very least he needs to earn his minutes when RoCo returns.

How are we feeling about Saunders? He seems to have instilled some confidence in and galvanised the group which has to be a plus. I still think the FO go in a different direction though.

Yep Wiggins is a real problem at the minute. Not really any way out of it but at the very least he needs to earn his minutes when RoCo returns.

How are we feeling about Saunders? He seems to have instilled some confidence in and galvanised the group which has to be a plus. I still think the FO go in a different direction though.

For Stability i'ld keep him on because we Should of fired Layton a month ago and be in the process of hiring a new GM right now. I think Saunders needs some time still

Also, Why the * are we the only team consistently making bad clutch plays? is it a player thing or a coach issue?

Yep. Solid defender. Absolutely great at reading where he needs to be and getting into the right position

We've found two very good rotation players in KBD and Okogie this season.
I like KBD more to be honest. Okogie is great but looks like he's always going to be limited by his shot. KBD looks so low usage that he's a brilliant fit. Just does the right things.

Thoughts on D'Loading? I think absolutely he's able to play off guard. Sign and trade. May cost us Roco however.

De’Angelo Russell? I wouldn’t give up RoCo for the right to pay Russell 20m+ a season.

Thoughts on D'Loading? I think absolutely he's able to play off guard. Sign and trade. May cost us Roco however.
Not against him but I am if it means offloading the only guy on the roster that consistently plays defence effectively.

Will depend on the other moves we make. A great deal of salary would need to be shed to even put us in the conversation so I'm curious to see how we try.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back