Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, sounds like Teague is a done deal. 3/$58M. Not stoked.
Seriously feels like a slight step back wards. Or to the side at least. I don't think he's any better than Rubio.

Maybe Ricky wasn't selling any jerseys.. Although remember his comments about leaving if we didn't make the play offs? Might of been mutual

Seriously feels like a slight step back wards. Or to the side at least. I don't think he's any better than Rubio.
If Rubio can sustain his post-ASB form, it's a downgrade, but a better fit.

If he can't, it's a marginal upgrade, and a better fit.

That said, it's a marginal upgrade for 5 million per year. 5 million that could have helped the bench, which remains our biggest issue.

The bench is even more of a worry now, and with only $13M to split across six roster spots, I can't see it getting much better.

PG: Teague / Jones
SG: Wiggins
SF: Butler
PF: Dieng / Bjelica
C: Towns / Patton / Aldrich

I mean, Taylor could always pay luxury ta---nope, was never getting through that one with a straight face.

PJ Tucker and CJ Miles pls. Fill the rest with trash, attach something to Aldrich to move him if necessary.

The bench is even more of a worry now, and with only $13M to split across six roster spots, I can't see it getting much better.

PG: Teague / Jones
SG: Wiggins
SF: Butler
PF: Dieng / Bjelica
C: Towns / Patton / Aldrich

I mean, Taylor could always pay luxury ta---nope, was never getting through that one with a straight face.

PJ Tucker and CJ Miles pls. Fill the rest with trash, attach something to Aldrich to move him if necessary.
In suprised were paying more then minimum.

Being used to Rubio i'm not looking forward to watching Teague defend
From an outsiders view Teague seems a much better fit than Rubio. Watched teams sag off Rubio last year not respecting his shot. They won't do that now. Teague also is super quick, which should help significantly in pushing the ball up the floor and getting fast break points. The biggest winners so far this off season are the Timberwolves by a mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pros:
  • Defence immediately looks a lot better
  • Dieng to the bench where he can play centre, and we can play to his strengths offensively
  • As a by-product of the above, less strain on Towns to play huge minutes
  • Great leader; will be excellent for Towns in particular
  • Bye bye Aldrich

Cons:
  • 2/28
  • Floor spacing will be diabolical
  • Pretty much nothing left to bolster the bench
  • Still 0 backup wings

Teague/Wiggins/Butler/Gibson/Towns
Jones/?/?/Bjelica/Dieng

Wolves looking nice for next season. Unfortunately the West is ridiculously stacked, wouldn't be surprised if you cracked around 50 wins only to get a 6th seed. Definitely gonna be one of my favourite teams to watch next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back