Teams Minnesota Vikings - Skol Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

So as a Panthers fan with my team sitting at #8 I should be worried. :(

Any better news on QB5? 🤗
I think the Panthers are in the perfect spot to take Wilson with Trey Lance going QB4 and busting.

the record for QBs outside the top 15 is pretty ordinary, with some notable exceptions that are too infrequent to be relied upon draftwise.

I think the Panthers are in the perfect spot to take Wilson with Trey Lance going QB4 and busting.

the record for QBs outside the top 15 is pretty ordinary, with some notable exceptions that are too infrequent to be relied upon draftwise.

I hope you're right, mate. Thank you for rekindling my hope that Zach could get thru to #8 😍

Much like you i have bust fears on Lance also. Like the upside but not enough evidence.

Dan "blair walsh" Bailey surely to follow him out the door.
Both Bailey and Punter/holder Colquit will stay. Zimmer is a rookie kicker killer (exhibit A Danial Carlson) and Spielman knows that going down the rookie path will only lead to disaster. There’s too much dead money and no cap space to sign a veteran

Vikings hired Klint Kubiak as offensive coordinator.
The NFL's cocoon remains undefeated. Klint Kubiak, 33, will take over for his father, Gary Kubiak, who retired last month after one season as the team's offensive coordinator and 36 years as a coach in the league (including 10 years as a head coach). Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer reportedly wanted to keep the team's offense in place, so the younger Kubiak will allow Kirk Cousins and company to keep the same offensive language and concepts in 2021. Klint spent two seasons as the Vikings' quarterbacks coach after three seasons as Denver's QBs coach. Cousins, Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielan, Dalvin Cook, and Irv Smith give Gary's kid one of the NFL's best skill position groups. Receivers coach Andrew Janocko is expected to become Minnesota's QBs coach.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Feb 8, 2021, 9:23 AM ET

Vikings restructured LT Riley Reiff's contract to retroactively include a $1 million signing bonus.
Reiff was set to earn the $1 million bonus by playing at least 93.7 percent of the team’s offensive snaps in the regular season finale, which he missed while on the team's reserve/COVID list. Still due a $5 million roster bonus on March 19, it's unclear if Riley will be back in Minnesota in the new league year.
Feb 11, 2021, 11:48 AM ET

Vikings restructured LT Riley Reiff's contract to retroactively include a $1 million signing bonus.
Reiff was set to earn the $1 million bonus by playing at least 93.7 percent of the team’s offensive snaps in the regular season finale, which he missed while on the team's reserve/COVID list. Still due a $5 million roster bonus on March 19, it's unclear if Riley will be back in Minnesota in the new league year.
Feb 11, 2021, 11:48 AM ET
The forced restructuring of Reiff's contract so the team could sign Yannick Ngakoue was one of the low points of the Vikings season. The move got Reiff off-side as well as losing the Vikings their 2nd round pick for what turned out to be less than 2 months on the team before Ngakoe was dealt to the Ravens.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reiff was offered a new contract, and I wouldn't be surprised if Reiff rejected it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would put the chance that Rudolph is cut before the start of free agency at 99.9% - you never know with the Vikings, but this one is almost certain.

There's nothing wrong with Rudolph's production or ability, it's just that Irv Smith and Tyler Conklin are just as capable, cheaper and preferred by current management. Cutting Rudolph saves just over $5 million against the cap.

I would put the chance that Rudolph is cut before the start of free agency at 99.9% - you never know with the Vikings, but this one is almost certain.

There's nothing wrong with Rudolph's production or ability, it's just that Irv Smith and Tyler Conklin are just as capable, cheaper and preferred by current management. Cutting Rudolph saves just over $5 million against the cap.
Not a team player obviously, hungers the individual stats and glory

Vikings released TE Kyle Rudolph.
A Viking his entire 10-year career, Rudolph was on the record as not willing to take a pay cut, making this an expected cut. The move clears $5.037 million in cap space, a number that increases to $7.937 million if he is designated as a post-June 1 release. Headed into his age-32 campaign, Rudolph's 28 receptions last season were his fewest since his injury-shortened 2014. He made it clear in a February interview that did not sit well with him. Rudolph's experience and wingspan should draw plenty of interest as a goal-line threat and chain mover. His departure from Minnesota paves the TE2 way for Irv Smith, a third-year pro who could make the leap to TE1 status in 2021.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 2, 2021, 5:43 PM ET

Vikings released TE Kyle Rudolph.
A Viking his entire 10-year career, Rudolph was on the record as not willing to take a pay cut, making this an expected cut. The move clears $5.037 million in cap space, a number that increases to $7.937 million if he is designated as a post-June 1 release. Headed into his age-32 campaign, Rudolph's 28 receptions last season were his fewest since his injury-shortened 2014. He made it clear in a February interview that did not sit well with him. Rudolph's experience and wingspan should draw plenty of interest as a goal-line threat and chain mover. His departure from Minnesota paves the TE2 way for Irv Smith, a third-year pro who could make the leap to TE1 status in 2021.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 2, 2021, 5:43 PM ET
as expected - the quote above says that Irv Smith could make the leap to TE1 status, IMO Irv Smith already was TE1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back