Injury Minor knee Surgery for Lachie Henderson-timeframe TBA

Remove this Banner Ad

He's has done a lot better than i thought he would, a major cog in the Geelong wheel. I know he didn't play against Adelaide last time, but it will be very difficult stopping Walker, Jenkins and Betts with the game being played back in Adelaide at Finals time. The Crows do get the "yips" playing against us so let's hope that continues. (Blues, Magpies, Saints) It's our own fault we are traveling in September!

The opening post by Mr_Bojangles told you he injured it in sundays game

Actually the first post only states he left the field late against Brisbane, doesn't state that the injury happened during the game, for all we know it could have been a minor issue before the game that got aggravated.

Why is everyone assuming we will be playing a qualifying final? Melbourne are a chance to roll us on Saturday which would have us finishing 5th if GWS beat North..
And if NM beats us , no worries , he'll be right for next season!!
I am not assuming that we beat Demons, not that there is now no pressure on them, AND last game for Roos, and atonement for last week, and they mauled us last year,but we look at best case scenarios here.

Last edited:
Arthroscope just refers to the type of surgery, not the specifics of what he had done.

Comparing his surgery by saying 'I had an arthroscope and was running again in 2 weeks' tells us about as much as me saying I had Mexican for dinner..

All we can do is hope for the best, hopefully with the bye post r23, or if we can win the qual final and get another week off he might get back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, all we can deduce is that you were right for a bubble bath this morning

Judging by Nib medical room, Hendo, everything going to plan will play the first final. Seems like the bye may have even encouraged them to get this done and for him not to try play with pain, thats just the vibe i get anyway

Actually the first post only states he left the field late against Brisbane, doesn't state that the injury happened during the game, for all we know it could have been a minor issue before the game that got aggravated.
Hasn't he just come back from a couple of weeks off with concussion,this issue may well have also been in the back ground then and they may have extended his return to see what eventuated and if it settled down on it's own.I have NFI of cause but possible.

Judging by Nib medical room, Hendo, everything going to plan will play the first final. Seems like the bye may have even encouraged them to get this done and for him not to try play with pain, thats just the vibe i get anyway
Yep, looked confident about a minor procedure and available for 1st final

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may well be that he was carrying the problem and the idea was to fix it after the season but it flared up and this is the plan B. They say he had a clean out behind the kneecap. That sounds like an ongoing problem not one from a contact during the game.

It may well be that he was carrying the problem and the idea was to fix it after the season but it flared up and this is the plan B. They say he had a clean out behind the kneecap. That sounds like an ongoing problem not one from a contact during the game.

And if the clean out is successful with no complications then the calculated risks seem to have been worth it. Could very well play in 2 weeks. :thumbsu:

And if it goes pear shaped i'll be busy in here. :(

GO Catters

And if the clean out is successful with no complications then the calculated risks seem to have been worth it. Could very well play in 2 weeks. :thumbsu:

And if it goes pear shaped i'll be busy in here. :(

GO Catters
The club is looking at him being available for all finals. I just get the feeling this is more of a media hype to add some drama. It all looks good at the moment for the cats and we should all be happy and satisfied with what the club is doing.

Scott's Tweets from PC not overly glowing but also reasonable that the club is being conservative. They have a track record there.

Go Catters

Scott's Tweets from PC not overly glowing but also reasonable that the club is being conservative. They have a track record there.

Go Catters
Scott sits on the fence a lot. That is just his way. Henderson is important for deep finals but it has been shown that he could be absent for the crows match if that happens. If WC beat the crows then things change. I'm not reading too much into what is said as it could be anything. The club can only play the players they have and Geelong have plenty of good players so it will be up to them to play the way they need to win.

Go Catters
The medical room update is where I'd take my views from for now, physio said the aim is to have him back first final.. Scott keeping cards close to his chest I'd suggest. Bartel also said on sen this morning it was a minor procedure and he expects him to play first final

The medical room update is where I'd take my views from for now, physio said the aim is to have him back first final.. Scott keeping cards close to his chest I'd suggest. Bartel also said on sen this morning it was a minor procedure and he expects him to play first final
Agree with your summation.

It's a little bit annoying that Scott plays these games. He too often seems to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back