Minor things that annoy you about the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Lack of enforcement of the running too far rule.

As I've posted before, either enforce the current rule or change the rule to reflect the current interpretation (which is something closer to double the current law's allowed maximum).

No matter how much I understand the logic of this whole idea, being a league fan as well I really battle to understand the logic of clubs admitting to themselves at the start of a given season that making finals, or winning a final, is their aim.

Premiership windows, rebuilds, all of it. Sh*ts me to tears that teams set themselves long term goals that may he high but short term ones that are meaningless.

Like I said, it's the league fan coming out in me. League has a bigger culture of player movement, players reach 'elite' levels at a much younger age, and smaller teams and squads mean improvement can happen a lot quicker.

Thursday night finals football... enough said.

It's a bloody work night for christ's sake! Poor doggies supporters having to fly over there on a Thursday against the flat trackers. This game will 95% wce supporters. This should've been a sunday afternoon game at 2:10pm, You're a joke AFL for wanting more money!

Yep - constant rule changes each year - any new rule should be introduced 5 years later, so that clubs can recruit for it. I reckon if third man up rule was in before trade season Tim English woulda gone earlier in the draft... also western bulldogs wouldn't have won the flag with the changes in not paying holding the ball when a player drops it in front of them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When Ray is about to bounce the ball in the centre we quite often get a great view of him pulling his knickers out of his arse.

razrray_zps0001b0cf.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno if mentioned but the LED fence signage actually makes the game hard to watch at the ground.

And if I wanted to go to a pub or club and be blasted with mega loud music - well I go there. When did it become a great idea at the footy?

Yet to hear anyone say how great it is to hear the likes of Tony Schibecki at max volume...

I'm a traditionalist and I hate the flames and smoke when our guys run onto the field at Spotless. Not a big fan of live performances at half time either. That's my quiet time to relax and sometimes post in the gameday threads.
I go to the footy to watch the footy and dont get that s**t, I'm hyped by the game.
Last year we were offerred free tkts to an NRL game over the road straight after as well. Luckily it wasn't compulsory. The reciprocal deal had a few strange looking NRL fans at spotless, like they've got the capacity to get AFL!

The howling decisions made with respect to holding the ball and/or dropping the ball. Dropping the ball and knocked out in a tackle has huge ramifications for teams like WC, Dogs and GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back