Minor things that annoy you about the game

Remove this Banner Ad

How ridiculous is the LED advertising sign behind the interchange at the Gabba. It’s massive and massively annoying.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% agree on this. At times it actually made watching the game difficult if the action was in front of t when it was animated. Surprised the tv station tolerates it tbh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Umpires calling play on after every contest/tackle. The lack of a whistle means play on, stfu

They mostly do that when players try and appeal and do the big arm waving. It’s not really the umpires fault, more that a lot of players choose to appeal then go for the ball.

I can't stand it when teams just chip it around at the end of a game with a comfortable lead. I understand when you have a narrow lead (< 2 goals) that you need to protect, but if you know you're going to win anyway then why not go for another goal or two? There's not much risk of an injury no matter what.

When a player gets a free kick, goes to take off with the footy and gets called back by the ump to go over the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires talk far too much. I don't know of any other sport in the world where they talk like this.
I heard last week an umpire tell a player off for doing something and then said I can pay a free kick for that. Either pay a free kick or STFU.

Last edited:
Umpires talk far too much. I don't know of any other sport in the world where they talk like this.
I heard last week an umpire tell a player off for doing something and then said I can pay a free kick for that. Either pay a free kick or STFU.
I agree with this. The worst is when there's a minor scuffle and the umps are hopping about on the edges yelling at the players "don't do anything silly...break it up". If there's a free kick in there pay it, otherwise just stand there and don't say anything. It's not their job to educate the players about what they can and can't do. Razor is the absolute worst at this, and often holds the game up so he can talk to a player

1. That Port dont win every game ever in their entire history and future history.

2. That when a bad decision is made, players dont give the umpires a what for... make the umpire hurt, call them on their bad calls that change games.

3. All the hate for umpires

The interpretation of deliberate.

Agree Danny. I've always thought that the interpretation of deliberate could be improved/fixed if the ump quickly assessed whether or not the player would've still kicked, handballed, punched or tapped the ball to this same bit of grass had the boundary line not been there.

If no, then deliberate.

If yes, then not deliberate.

Why is it even a behind if it touches the goal post or all that padding and goes through the goals? If the ball hits the post and still crosses the goal line it should be a goal. If it clips the behind post and goes over the behind line, then it's a behind. If it hits the goal post and rebounds into play, then it's still a behind like it is now (they trialled the “play on” for that scenario a decade ago and it flopped badly). A very simple rule tweak would eliminate yet another ambiguity in the game and also make for higher scoring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back