Minson / Lobbe / Maric / Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Big lumbering number 1 ruckmen who the game has bypassed.

It takes a long time for a ruckman to develop, but very quick for them to become a liability.

2 clubs had the balls to make the call and move forward. 1 just about to.

Where do we sit?

Time for "Sauce" to move out of the way so we can play with a modern day ruckman.

Do you guys think trading Jacobs at the end of this season would be a smart move going forward? We should have done this with Lobbe whilst he had currency, now he is just a list clogger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys think trading Jacobs at the end of this season would be a smart move going forward? We should have done this with Lobbe whilst he had currency, now he is just a list clogger.

Doesn't need to be traded. Still best 22 but looks tired after years of being a solo ruck. Needs a good 2nd ruck to chop out more.

The game has changed where athletic ruckmen are what is needed. Guys who are slow and lumbering are no longer going to cut it.

It's what we realised with Lobbe, so we got Ryder, who's the best ruckman in the state right now. Crows should make the same decision with Jacobs if they want to get further than a Semi.

The game has changed where athletic ruckmen are what is needed. Guys who are slow and lumbering are no longer going to cut it.
I've been thinking we're gonna head that way after seeing Trengove this year. Rucks will likely get a bit shorter in fee favour of a more agile player rather than the old lanky types we've seen over the decades.

Just my opinion, just feels like it might take off

It turns out that Rendell wasnt too far off the mark when he thought that a more mobile ruckman was the next thing, but he chose too small athletic types like sellar and mckernan. Sauce is too small to dominate taps like Sandi/ Gawn and not agressive enough to tackle and harrass like mumford, nor athletic enough to jump or run like Nic Nat/ Ryder/ Martin. Looks in no mans land atm, towelled up by a 3rd stringer pensioner from the wafl. Embarrassing!

Mumford says hi....

Goldstein also says hi..

Sandilands says hi...
I see your in PR control. Mumford is hardly the tall lanky type. He's awesome once the ball hits the deck and actually has a presence around stoppages. Goldstein has a well rounded game and can contribute around the ground. Sandilands is hardly dominating and is a relic of his former self.

Jacobs needs to find more weapons. I doubt he will though. Serious concerns with him IMO.

The problem is that O'Brien would appear to be a carbon copy of Jacobs. Unless we snag Grundy we aren't going to be throwing up any mobile alternatives anytime soon.

The problem is that O'Brien would appear to be a carbon copy of Jacobs. Unless we snag Grundy we aren't going to be throwing up any mobile alternatives anytime soon.

A carbon copy of Jacobs at Jacobs' best is a very good ruckman that will fit in well with our gameplan and structures.

It's what we realised with Lobbe.
Before or after you signed him for four years. Pretty hard to catch on the blower in Vietnam wasn't he?:$
so we got Ryder, who's the best ruckman in the state right now. .
Yeah he's tapped out heaps to advantage this year. Had absolutely no game craft this year. He's more mobile for sure but that claim doesn't hold much at all TBH.:$
Crows should make the same decision with Jacobs if they want to get further than a Semi.
And that would give you a boner. Lulz. Thanks for the ruck skool from the industry leaders nowhere in September..:$:fire::rainbow:

I see your in PR control. Mumford is hardly the tall lanky type. He's awesome once the ball hits the deck and actually has a presence around stoppages. Goldstein has a well rounded game and can contribute around the ground. Sandilands is hardly dominating and is a relic of his former self.

Jacobs needs to find more weapons. I doubt he will though. Serious concerns with him IMO.
Really....

More disposals per game than both Mumford and Goldstein, more marks per game than both Mumford and Goldstein, more hit outs per game than Mumford, 1 hit out per game less than Goldstein...yeah Jacob's is a real spud.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=25&type=A&pid1=1798&pid2=2766&fid1=C&fid2=C

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=13&type=A&pid1=1798&pid2=1755&fid1=C&fid2=C

Remove this Banner Ad

Back