Miracle workers!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but time hasn't permitted. In 2012, my then 12 year old son was suffering from severe scoliosis, which was worsening rapidly - to the extent that, in the space of 12 months, his spine bent 15%. Without surgery, he would probably have been dead by now, due to his vital organs being severely affected. I'd like to share a before and after photo of his spine - the miracle workers at the Adelaide Women's & Children's Hospital are performing stuff like this every day. So if you have any spare cash, you could do a lot worse than throw a few dollars their way.

photo 1.JPG photo2.JPG

Eight and a half years later, the only way one could ever know he'd had the operation is if he were to take off his shirt. He's now living a normal life, thanks to these wonderful people.

We often laud our sporting heroes (hopefully our Port boys will give us every reason to do so this year!!!!), but people who dedicate their lives to helping others definitely deserve more recognition than we give them.

Yes they do fantastic work for sure Phil. That is bloody amazing.
Mate - I have to tell you that the kids in that ward are incredible little Australians. If you reckon you have troubles, they pale into insignificance compared to these little battlers. For example, while we were visiting our son one day, a mother and her 8 year old daughter had just flown in from the Philippines. The little girl had been born without a nose, and had come to Australia for reconstructive surgery. Imagine spending 3 months in a place where you can't speak a word of the local language - how would you cope?

Hopefully she's now living the life of a normal 17 year old!!!

Last edited:

When my parents stay in Adelaide they stay in the City/North Adelaide. Mum always has meal or two everyday at the women's and children's Hospital to try and support them. To me it feels a bit uncomfortable but since they treated my brother she's always done whatever she can to support them.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back