Misbah vs Chappeli

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course he's entitled to it. It just happens to mean that if he's consistent, he should be asking the same question of Australia going to Asia - which you could guarantee he wouldn't.
Commentator shows hometown bias. Stop the presses!

This is why I rag on you.

The bloke you're talking to clearly has an opinion - the opinion that most of the time chappeli talks out his arse - and your only response is to call him a sheep (for whatever reason) and tell him that he has no opinion.

Now, people are either going to agree with Chappell on this issue or they aren't. Just because someone sides with the 'disagreeing' faction doesn't make them a sheep.
Well. Look at his post where he says, "Chappelli talks out of his arse, no wonder you like him". That's why his posts are #$%@^&&.
My opinion is that I love Chappelli and always have. His is derp.

Okay, what part of my posting history makes you think I'm a "yes man"? Go on, tell me.
Yes I will. You have gone with the trend on this thread, I say I like Chappelli, and iyo I'm talking out of my arse. Your argument is that everyone else hate's Ian Chappell, then so will I.

Well. Look at his post where he says, "Chappelli talks out of his arse, no wonder you like him". That's why his posts are #$%@^&&.
My opinion is that I love Chappelli and always have. His is derp.
Mine is that I dislike Chappelli because he talks out of his arse and that when he doesn't he just tells the same boring anecdote every summer.

Yes I will. You have gone with the trend on this thread, I say I like Chappelli, and iyo I'm talking out of my arse. Your argument is that everyone else hate's Ian Chappell, then so will I.
So because my opinion is a popular one in this instance you call me a sheep? Look at my posting history, I know it's long but it's mostly opinionated if a bit ill informed sometimes.
I don't recall hearing the same stories from him over and over tbh. Sounds like an empty criticism.
Maybe they've all just melded into one in my brain. That might be the case.

Mine is that I dislike Chappelli because he talks out of his arse and that when he doesn't he just tells the same boring anecdote every summer.
And you said. "He talks out of his arse, that's why you like him". Quote/ Unquote. (Check ur post). That's a go at me and Chappelli. But Whatever.

And you said. "He talks out of his arse, that's why you like him". Quote/ Unquote. (Check ur post). That's a go at me and Chappelli. But Whatever.
The second part was a jest. Clearly it wasn't taken that way, and I apologise for the remark.

I normally like Chappell but his comment re Pakistan not coming here again was a steaming pile of rubbish.
Rather ill timed as well. We're about to (more than likely) get smashed in India, so Chappelli commenting on another country's away record is a bit hypocritical.

Rather ill timed as well. We're about to (more than likely) get smashed in India, so Chappelli commenting on another country's away record is a bit hypocritical.
That too. The fact we have paid Pakistan comfortably the worst lip service of all the major Test playing nations (sorry Bangla and Zim), in terms of the number of tours granted here, is not good enough either.

Did we suggest India could play here less after their woeful effort in 1999-00 or 2011-12? The cricket they produced in 2011-12 in particular was worse than anything Pakistan produced in the series just gone.

That too. The fact we have paid Pakistan comfortably the worst lip service of all the major Test playing nations (sorry Bangla and Zim), in terms of the number of tours granted here, is not good enough either.

Did we suggest India could play here less after their woeful effort in 1999-00 or 2011-12? The cricket they produced in 2011-12 in particular was worse than anything Pakistan produced in the series just gone.
Pakistan wasn't great, but they weren't even a quarter as bad as the Windies were out here last summer. That team from the Caribbean was arguably the worst to come here in the last 50 years - did Chappell say the same thing about them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pakistan wasn't great, but they weren't even a quarter as bad as the Windies were out here last summer. That team from the Caribbean was arguably the worst to come here in the last 50 years - did Chappell say the same thing about them?
Don't think it's even arguable really. Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in 2003 put up more resistance than the Windies in 2015/16. Maybe they didn't cop the same criticism because I doubt there's any ill-will towards West Indies now; their decline is just regarded as wretchedly sad, which it is.

Pakistan? I suspect given some of the things that have gone on in the past, there are a lot of people that relish the chance to stick the boots into them.

No they weren't.

Their bowling was awful but Bravo, both Brathwaites, Holder and even Ramdin all did ok with the bat.

They were awful but there have been Sri Lankan sides and probably other West Indies and Pakistani sides that were equally bad or worse

Don't think it's even arguable really. Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in 2003 put up more resistance than the Windies in 2015/16. Maybe they didn't cop the same criticism because I doubt there's any ill-will towards West Indies now; their decline is just regarded as wretchedly sad, which it is.

Pakistan? I suspect given some of the things that have gone on in the past, there are a lot of people that relish the chance to stick the boots into them.
Yeah probably. But they did put up one helluva fight in Brisbane, and with an ounce more luck could have pulled off one of the greatest miracles in the history of cricket. I just think Chappell was too harsh in this instance.

No they weren't.

Their bowling was awful but Bravo, both Brathwaites, Holder and even Ramdin all did ok with the bat.

They were awful but there have been Sri Lankan sides and probably other West Indies and Pakistani sides that were equally bad or worse
They took 10 wickets for the entire series, mate. I well recall being pleased with their fight with the bat at Melbourne and I suppose 330 at Sydney was at least a passable effort, but 10 wickets overrides all else and when you let the opposition dominate with the bat to the extent that WI side did, the rest of the series as a contest might as well have not existed. It was sad.

I've never seen another series that was such a non-contest.

They took 10 wickets for the entire series, mate. I well recall being pleased with their fight with the bat at Melbourne and I suppose 330 at Sydney was at least a passable effort, but 10 wickets overrides all else and when you let the opposition dominate with the bat to the extent that WI side did, the rest of the series as a contest might as well have not existed. It was sad.

I'm not going to bother going through every innings played but I'm fairly sure there have been many, many sides that have come here, had Australia rack up huge first innings scores and taken very few wickets, and get thrashed in the first two tests of a series.

They got a meaningless afternoon to bowl at Australia the third time.

I'm not going to bother going through every innings played but I'm fairly sure there have been many, many sides that have come here, had Australia rack up huge first innings scores and taken very few wickets, and get thrashed in the first two tests of a series.

They got a meaningless afternoon to bowl at Australia the third time.
There have been many series where Australia have racked up huge scores in the first innings and gone on to smash the opposition, but I'd wager the opposition only taking 3 or 4 wickets in letting the opposition rack up the huge scores hasn't happened too often.

570 is a huge score, but when it's scored three or four down it looks much worse. Australia could have scored 1000 at Hobart and Melbourne had they kept batting.

The Aussies racked up 10 for 1313 in the first 2 Tests, at an average of 131 runs per wicket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back