Miscarriage of Justice Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi shellyg, I think you're spot on that this is a Hemastix blood test strip. Good find.
e14c3dd40c35f81714f8531a5056e829.jpeg
5dfe068b15d5ccbb78b0ebc531c1840b.jpg
a7e38a3ba55aa3f641721813874ded96.jpg

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/video/watch/39542906/framed-part-1/

Edited to post link from where image of cigarette packet came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Ms. Bliss, that's it. Great stills, thanks.

Too bad we can't see footage from the Thorne crime scene, the cigarette packet may have been an old one he left there (or someone else's its a popular brand) and the cops have picked it up from there AFTER Austic said he smoked Winfield Blue and moved it to his house the following day.

There might be forensic footage of the cigarette packet at Thorne's. Suppose the investigators have checked that though, if they were given access.

Too bad we can't see footage from the Thorne crime scene, the cigarette packet may have been an old one he left there (or someone else's its a popular brand) and the cops have picked it up from there AFTER Austic said he smoked Winfield Blue and moved it to his house the following day.

There might be forensic footage of the cigarette packet at Thorne's. Suppose the investigators have checked that though, if they were given access.
He stated on the show that he took the smokes into the police when they questioned him and as there was only a couple left threw it in the bin at the police station.

Also after extensive line searches that didn't find other evidence a Jim Beam can and a knife were found days later where the area had already been thoroughly searched.

He stated on the show that he took the smokes into the police when they questioned him and as there was only a couple left threw it in the bin at the police station.

Also after extensive line searches that didn't find other evidence a Jim Beam can and a knife were found days later where the area had already been thoroughly searched.

I remember that but also the detectives asking him to confirm what brand of cigarette he smoked, which they surely already knew. Might watch it again and look at the timing of that.

Noted that cigarette packet doesn't look like it's been tossed in a bin empty or squished in a pocket, the sides and lid are quite crisp.

It will be interesting to see what Quigley does now that he's actually the AG and has to work with WAPOL rather than being in opposition and freely allowed to throw stones at them. I'm not so sure that he will go after WAPOL whilst being the AG. Will be an absolute hornets nest and could have untold consequences for other high profile cases.

It will be interesting to see what Quigley does now that he's actually the AG and has to work with WAPOL rather than being in opposition and freely allowed to throw stones at them. I'm not so sure that he will go after WAPOL whilst being the AG. Will be an absolute hornets nest and could have untold consequences for other high profile cases.

He might not go after WAPOL as it is currently is but hope he makes moves to righting wrongs and to be sure, he's put the fear into them. :laughing:

He might not go after WAPOL as it is currently is but hope he makes moves to righting wrongs and to be sure, he's put the fear into them. :laughing:

I really don't know where he stands to be honest. He used to be the lawyer for the police union and represent the officers. Then obviously he went after them (officers) fairly hard on the Mallard case, he continued to throw barbs at them from the opposition bench.

Now as the AG he has to been seen to back in WAPOL as the law enforcement agents of the state. I really don't know what he will do in the Austic case.

Now as the AG he has to been seen to back in WAPOL as the law enforcement agents of the state. I really don't know what he will do in the Austic case.

Really hope he does. Only takes a couple of cases like this and the public lose trust, it stains the entire force. This could be a great example of why people don't cooperate with the cops, it appears an unrepresented Austic has and the information he's given them has been used against him in a set up.

The bastids.

Really hope he does. Only takes a couple of cases like this and the public lose trust, it stains the entire force. This could be a great example of why people don't cooperate with the cops, it appears an unrepresented Austic has and the information he's given them has been used against him in a set up.

The bastids.

I largely agree, as I have said elsewhere I have several friends that are officers. All of them are in fairly high profile departments and they are acutely aware that the public have a healthy dose of mistrust when it comes to WAPOL and who could blame us?

Any comments on Arthur Greer?

The chances of his success and where his appeal is at?

Greer will most likely be grated parole and deported. He is 80 odd and last I heard was in poor health.

I'm not sure having an appeal would release him and allow him to stay in Perth until the appeal was heard?

Some of the evidence looks odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't know where he stands to be honest. He used to be the lawyer for the police union and represent the officers. Then obviously he went after them (officers) fairly hard on the Mallard case, he continued to throw barbs at them from the opposition bench.

Quigley has always said the AG should not be making those decisions. I think he'll wait to the law is changed and refer it to the Appeals Court.

Although if he does the same for Arthur Greer, means more waiting for him. Greer was recommended for parole in January. As far as we've been told Quigley is still waiting for the board's recommendation to land on his desk 6 weeks later.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...ence-in-scott-austic-conviction-ng-b88726573z

Both the Greer and Austic murder convictions could be the first murder convictions to be tested in the courts under the new laws.

An Austic petition for clemency — written by Mr McCusker before he became WA governor — was rejected by then attorney-general Michael Mischin in 2013.

When in Opposition, Mr Quigley referred the Austic matter to the Corruption and Crime Commission as it raised “serious and disturbing issues”.

“The only way for all this to be properly resolved is for (it) to be put to the Court of Appeal,” he said at the time.

A spokesman for Mr Quigley said though the Attorney-General was aware of the Prisoners Review Board’s recommendation to release Greer, he was yet to receive the full statutory report on its decision. He would consider it when he received the report.

b7dc23f2eb50b6d8e3cdd4a87aeb8b7f.jpg

Wonder if this is a bit of the battery acid on the stick or if it's blood?

No idea what they're trying to suggest there. Blood off the base of the cigarette packet doesn't seem to make sense .. that tablecloth must still be in evidence somewhere though.

Edit: Just had another look at the 'before' image. That stain is pretty much exactly where the base of the battery was resting.

Are they trying to suggest that blood wet cigarette packet made it all the way back from a murder scene otherwise in near pristine condition, without transferring or rubbing off on anything else and he rested it down on the table upright, then moved it again later keeping it upright, exposing the bloodstain? Then toddled off to the police station.

Also, stab someone 21 times ... but don't leave your smokes behind!

Chit lawyer he had, it seems again.

Last edited:

The bastids.
I don't know that they've set him up but they seem to have added quite a lot of mayo plus tomato sauce plus barbecue sauce plus a dozen or so spices and a bit of olive oil to make sure of a conviction. When they charged him he didn't seem to react in an 'I didn't do it' way IMO but who knows what he did after the few seconds of video we saw ended.

Even the QC says it didn't mean he didn't commit the crime.

added quite a lot of mayo plus tomato sauce plus barbecue sauce plus a dozen or so spices and a bit of olive oil to make sure of a conviction.

Might not have set up sprockets but he was proper cooked. :p

Even the QC says it didn't mean he didn't commit the crime.

QC's have to say that, in the eyes of the law etceterah etceterah. I said that with the careful enunciation of posh grammar school elocution classes and a perfunctory flourish.

The law is an ass, my friend Mr Bumble said.

In regards to Quigley; I have a lot of faith in the bloke.
I think he will continue to rattle the cages of injustice with the same grip and s**t whip anyone who dares to challenge him. No doubt there'll be changes in how he has to handle things now he's AG but can't see his game being that much different to when he was shadow AG.
He's a force to be reckoned with and if anyone in his position has the ability to gain back the public's trust and create a more transparent fusion between police, the government and the western Australian public this guy can do it.

John Quigley: "I said I'd sooner do this, lose the election than win the election and have it on my conscience that I didn't attend to this matter".

No idea what they're trying to suggest there. Blood off the base of the cigarette packet doesn't seem to make sense .. that tablecloth must still be in evidence somewhere though.

Edit: Just had another look at the 'before' image. That stain is pretty much exactly where the base of the battery was resting.

Are they trying to suggest that blood wet cigarette packet made it all the way back from a murder scene otherwise in near pristine condition, without transferring or rubbing off on anything else and he rested it down on the table upright, then moved it again later keeping it upright, exposing the bloodstain? Then toddled off to the police station.

Also, stab someone 21 times ... but don't leave your smokes behind!

Chit lawyer he had, it seems again.

I agree, the battery was in the exact place where the stain is and positioned at an angle of the stain.

I'm not sure what they're trying to suggest here either.

That image was what was shown to the jury so perhaps they were hoping it would implicate that the stain was blood from the packet and the Hemastix sample strip positioned to prove that it was blood?

ebfcbbda8de6d41a9c7952242ea8ecb1.jpg

I can't see any blood on the cig packet.

Is this a reenactment here or is this the real sibling who is calling scott out ?
This is from the documentary screen shot . Im interested to find out if its true that the sibling of the victim was blaming scott.
TiA
bbc64a8473c2c37b123c52b3d58311cf.jpg
a3ee76f66126d37e01f85f5fbb01a17f.jpg

Is this a reenactment here or is this the real sibling who is calling scott out ?
This is from the documentary screen shot . Im interested to find out if its true that the sibling of the victim was blaming scott.
TiA
bbc64a8473c2c37b123c52b3d58311cf.jpg
a3ee76f66126d37e01f85f5fbb01a17f.jpg

f965cc0c064a94f1ddb0ba25160a834b.jpg

Pretty sure the top image is The deceased's sister Brenda Thorne.

"Brenda Thorne said she always believed someone else — along with Austic — was also involved."

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...eving-sisters-ng-b88725578z.amp?source=images

"Austic was arrested and admitted he and Stacey were lovers but told detectives he was unaware she was pregnant.
When they showed him the text he sent pleading for an abortion, he changed his tune, saying he only wanted to get to the truth and had “made up” the threat of not being able to see his other two children."

"They also had an empty bourbon can covered in Austic’s DNA found close to the crime scene which, due to its time of purchase by a flatmate, put Austic back at the crime scene after 9.30pm."

"Just as concerning, forensic evidence found in Stacey’s blood-spattered house — believed to be a footprint, a palm print and a fingerprint — does not match Austic, strengthening suspicions another unidentified person was in Stacey’s house at the time of her murder."

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crime/the-grieving-sisters-ng-b88725578z.amp

"Austic was arrested and admitted he and Stacey were lovers but told detectives he was unaware she was pregnant.
When they showed him the text he sent pleading for an abortion, he changed his tune, saying he only wanted to get to the truth and had “made up” the threat of not being able to see his other two children."

"They also had an empty bourbon can covered in Austic’s DNA found close to the crime scene which, due to its time of purchase by a flatmate, put Austic back at the crime scene after 9.30pm."

"Just as concerning, forensic evidence found in Stacey’s blood-spattered house — believed to be a footprint, a palm print and a fingerprint — does not match Austic, strengthening suspicions another unidentified person was in Stacey’s house at the time of her murder."

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crime/the-grieving-sisters-ng-b88725578z.amp

4f876465f16134ae38c0c77df09b8240.jpeg

Image and Quote's taken from the Austic doco
part 4:

QC McCuster: "There was many bloodied footprints leading to the door. Some of them were found to be Stacey's (the murdered woman) but none of them were found to be Scott Austic's.
Now if he'd been the perpetrator and there being all this blood around it's beyond believe that some of his footprints would not of shown up"

Napper: "There are footprints in blood, some of which belong to the victim as this poor girl was staggering out of the place. There are other unidentified footprints in blood. Whose, we don't know whose they are. But I can tell you the one person they're not and they are NOT Scott Austic's."

McCuster: "This was not bought to the juries attention, they didn't appreciate that there was an unknown persons foot prints in the house in the blood."

Reporter Michael Usher: "So someone else was in the house"?
McCuster: "yes."
Usher: "And it wasn't Scott."
McCuster: "no, that's right."
Usher: "potentially the murderer"?
McCuster: "Most likely the murderer."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back