Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the status of Football Park in Adelaide these days? Has it gone the same way as our Subi Oval? It seriously shits me that Tassie, NSW and QLD have more footy grounds capable of hosting AFL matches than WA. Which is why I ask about SA.
I'm sure if the AFL got this rolling properly and it went to every state rolling but Victoria, perhaps some investing could be warranted - Leederville and Fremantle Oval getting genuine investment would be nice.

The AFL decided to give Melbourne a festival of footy in round one this season because they missed out on seeing games the season before, with all the Victorian teams staying in Victoria for that week instead of just most of them.

Giants hosted Swans
Port were sent to Brisbane
Freo to Adelaide
Suns to Perth

With all ten Victorian teams in Victoria.

The following week four Victorian sides were forced onto a plane and four non Victorian sides flying into Victoria.
Reprieve from the insanity in round three with just the one Victorian side suffering the travel and one non Victorian side flying into Victoria.

We don't have to invest in grounds outside Optus, if you believe the South Australian premier. Teams sent to the boondocks of SA just have to rough it for a weekend, no problem

So that pick swap deal with North looks decent. Hawks 4th next year for pick 43 this year. It also feels like something you do when you get a vibe that someone you want might be going in that area. Pure speculation but it'll be interesting to see who we end up with there, and where that pick ends up too.

So that pick swap deal with North looks decent. Hawks 4th next year for pick 43 this year. It also feels like something you do when you get a vibe that someone you want might be going in that area. Pure speculation but it'll be interesting to see who we end up with there, and where that pick ends up too.
Also allows us to bundle 30 and 43 to get a higher pick

Also allows us to bundle 30 and 43 to get a higher pick
Very true. I'm not up to snuff on the points value juju so I wonder what that would get us if we wanted to swoop on someone? 20? 25? 16? It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Only 13 days to go until the draft is done and the worst period of the sporting calendar (for me) each year arrives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good day Freo supporters!

I'm an American footy fan and podcaster (A Yank on the Footy). I've had a small thread in the podcast section of Big Footy for a few years. While we are mired in the offseason, I am working to set up some discussions with supporters that want to discuss their most memorable game. If you're interested, please consider reaching out to me at ayankonthefooty@gmail.com. My first episode of this series (recalling a game from 1973) is out now.

Cheers,
Craig Wessels
Host of "A Yank on the Footy" Podcast
Sandusky, Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back