Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is delayed by two hours on tv tomorrow... wow

thank god for the livepass, wish i could finish work early and head to the game live, first year in a while that i have only been to 3 or 4 games so far :\

With Foxtel losing the rights to the EPL, have since gotten rid of Foxtel and use live pass. Now just waiting on NBN as my 4mbs broadband stutters like a mofo (less than 1km from an exchange as well)

With Foxtel losing the rights to the EPL, have since gotten rid of Foxtel and use live pass. Now just waiting on NBN as my 4mbs broadband stutters like a mofo (less than 1km from an exchange as well)
thankfully the livepass seems to go alright for me, drops out for 10 seconds maybe once a quarter and gets blurry for maybe 20 seconds every 10 minutes but returns to decent definition, definitely tolerable seeing as its free with my telstra prepaid connection.

Anyone know why, even though they're one of our sponsors, that MucDonalds refuse to acknowledge that we even exist in the AFL in their TV advertising?

Freo players and Hawks players being investigated about their earnings.

AFL will be monitoring every single component of certain players incoming and outgoing payments report by Damien Barrett on the Footy Show

Apparently includes some stars from each club, possible we are doing the dodgy with the salary cap god i hope its not true as we can't afford to lose our picks this year, might even force Neale out if this comes to be trueo_O

Freo players and Hawks players being investigated about their earnings.

AFL will be monitoring every single component of certain players incoming and outgoing payments report by Damien Barrett on the Footy Show

Apparently includes some stars from each club, possible we are doing the dodgy with the salary cap god i hope its not true as we can't afford to lose our picks this year, might even force Neale out if this comes to be trueo_O

So, why are we named in this witch hunt? Collingwood and WCE have way more money than we do to throw around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, why are we named in this witch hunt? Collingwood and WCE have way more money than we do to throw around.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with how much money the club has, sounds more like he is insinuating we are cheating the salary cap. Plenty of clubs have been done for breaches. If I remember rightly we were excluded from the PSD one year.

But honestly I'm not going to panic until I start hearing it from other sources, so many of Barrett's rumours are never heard of again. I suppose he has to have something interesting to say. But it would suck if we get done this year.

The fact that Damian Barrett is saying it leads me to believe that there is no story.

In saying that, I cannot deny that I am queasy. I hope that there is no truth to it, I really do.

Did not see the report tonight but I would be surprised if the AFL would be showing us around as one of the new women's teams owners shortly before we are about to be hammered for tampering with the salary cap. Real surprised.

Possible mountain out of a mole hill and perhaps a minor indiscretion??

Did not see the report tonight but I would be surprised if the AFL would be showing us around as one of the new women's teams owners shortly before we are about to be hammered for tampering with the salary cap. Real surprised.

Possible mountain out of a mole hill and perhaps a minor indiscretion??

I live in hope. It's just that they always find new and creative ways to screw us over.

Oral bowel movements masquerading as journalism are the niche market,area of expertise and point of individual difference for Damo and about 2 dozen other nappyheads who do the identical sports journalism gig.
He'd be better off saying the AFL has launched a clandestine 5 year inquiry today into the Fremantle Dockers operation at all levels....he might get 18 months out of that before Gillan managed to find the right polo shirt to make a 'clarification speech'.

I would have thought audits are normal.
As in, the afl does yearly checks to make sure teams follow the salary rules and what they they do is correct and there is no hocus pocus involved.
Have to give the auditor something to do I supposed.

Breaking story:
Power company checks meter reading in Barrett's home.
Possible implication that Barrett is running some illegal operations that consumes large amount of energy...

I would have thought audits are normal.
As in, the afl does yearly checks to make sure teams follow the salary rules and what they they do is correct and there is no hocus pocus involved.
Have to give the auditor something to do I supposed.

Breaking story:
Power company checks meter reading in Barrett's home.
Possible implication that Barrett is running some illegal operations that consumes large amount of energy...
I'd be more concerned if the AFL didn't audit this kind of thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back