Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watched our game against the Saints last night and our second game against North tonight.

- I still cannot understand why we fell off so badly in both games. We just couldn't turn it back on. Super effective and skilled first quarters/halfs only to turn to mush.
- The Griff/Sandi combo was very effective.

Watched our game against the Saints last night and our second game against North tonight.

- I still cannot understand why we fell off so badly in both games. We just couldn't turn it back on. Super effective and skilled first quarters/halfs only to turn to mush.
- The Griff/Sandi combo was very effective.

Yeah these games sold the Sandi/Griff combo for me. Didn't think Griff would be any good as a 2nd ruck/resting forward but he was more than serviceable.
Keen to see how Griff goes with more of a preseason and a bit more time in the forwardline.

Anyone else think that Sonny doesn't get selected for the leadership team because the other players don't like him ducking? That's the only thing I can think of that's stopping him.
In today's day and age IMO in modern football ducking your head doesn't really have stuff all inference about a players character/toughness unless you play for coaches like the Scott brothers who are somewhat old school. Son Son will do me if he ducks his head or not.

So this season they are now going to play one of the Elimination Finals on Thursday night.. Don't hate it so much if it's a Vic team but if we ever host one it would really suck, and for us country people unless we can swing the Friday off at fairly late notice we pretty much can't go :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missus saw Pav and his little tackers at the local pool yesterday. This is how the conversation went:
Me: Did you tell him I love him?
Missus: No.
Me: Did his muscles look impressive up close?
Missus: Shut up.
Me: What about his son?
Missus: What about him?
Me: Did he look big?
Missus: He's a baby.
Me: Did he look like he would be strong overhead when he gets older?
Missus: You're an idiot.
Me: What's that got to do with anything?

Last edited:
Just a random thought that I had today. Fyfe is out of contract 2017, same as Hogan but nary a word has been spoken about Fyfe, there was a bit of speculation last time his contract was up, albeit in the same year. Don't get me wrong, the lack of speculation is good but why the difference in reporting?

Just a random thought that I had today. Fyfe is out of contract 2017, same as Hogan but nary a word has been spoken about Fyfe, there was a bit of speculation last time his contract was up, albeit in the same year. Don't get me wrong, the lack of speculation is good but why the difference in reporting?

Probably just who they play for and where they are from? But I do agree, it is odd. But then again, Fyfe or Freo haven't come out with a statement saying that talks are on hold until the end of the year

Probably just who they play for and where they are from? But I do agree, it is odd. But then again, Fyfe or Freo haven't come out with a statement saying that talks are on hold until the end of the year

Oh yes I did forget that minor detail, thanks!

That truly is superb, we really need to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back