Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of player is he? I know comparisons are crap but is their anyone around he is like ?

Similar style to Bontempelli (obviously nowhere near as good yet). But has less penetration on his kick. Can find the football and has good smarts. Evasive but not super fast. Will be a good inside mid in time. Needs to improve his kicking.

Similar style to Bontempelli (obviously nowhere near as good yet). But has less penetration on his kick. Can find the football and has good smarts. Evasive but not super fast. Will be a good inside mid in time. Needs to improve his kicking.

Is he very similar to Dom Tyson then? Lovely in traffic beautiful clean hands and has that 'slow down time look' however when he gets the ball on the outside he can mess up kicks horribly. A solid B grader.

What sort of player is he? I know comparisons are crap but is their anyone around he is like ?
I would say Pendles, he will probably rotate through half forward a fair bit early in his career though so it's hard to call

Is he very similar to Dom Tyson then? Lovely in traffic beautiful clean hands and has that 'slow down time look' however when he gets the ball on the outside he can mess up kicks horribly. A solid B grader.

I don't know if he's too prone to clangers just yet. Probably just doesn't have the penetration at this stage. I think we will need a large sample size to make a fair judgement.

My 2c on Balic. Has the ability to rack up possessions and seems to have a bit of the cocky attitude that the really good players have. Just my opinion, but I reckon Balic has a higher ceiling than Weller. It’s just a pity he can’t handle it here over the other side of the country.

And his tank.

Once he does, I'd say a similar style to Menegola with a touch more footy nouse

Am assuming Balic trade is pretty much sorted, so...

I think there is still a massive risk with him. He has that "too cool for school" vibe about him and I'm not sure that ends well when starting out in an AFL environment. I don't believe it was just because he didn't want to be in Perth. Will be interesting how he handles the media once he does get traded. Thought guys like Croz and Collins have been all class on their departure. Will Balic come across genuine or not, or just avoid the media altogether?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how I feel about our players attending a music festival named 'ACL', I'm getting Clarke flashbacks
Considering how many other footballers are there, just taking a look on instagram, we should be ok. There'll be no one left playing next year for any team if it was an omen

I'm sure someone here will be able to answer this. Is Lachie Neale's fiancee Jules Clark a West Aussie?

I imagine Neale will get some massive offers next time he is out of contract. I don't think he'll be going anywhere but it'll help if she's a settled West Aussie.
Yeah she's West Aussie. He ain't going anywhere. He loves it here.

I'm sure someone here will be able to answer this. Is Lachie Neale's fiancee Jules Clark a West Aussie?

I imagine Neale will get some massive offers next time he is out of contract. I don't think he'll be going anywhere but it'll help if she's a settled West Aussie.
Yes also she has her own business here so she probably won't want to move either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back