Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
04intraclub02092018.jpg

Michael Walters with ball drop correctional exercise, prescribed from biomechanical analysis.

Any training reports??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looks like the boys have the weekend off. Probably says volumes about where we are and where our expectations are.

Many clubs are having intense scratch matches, taking the last chance to sharpen match skills and build that hardened edge before JLT and season proper. Important to start the year well.

We send our boys away to relax, have cocktails and generally chill out before the brutal season that lays ahead. I think it’s important to let the kids enjoy this time of year because until we’re contending, the season will be long and dreary. Let them enjoy themselves for now (important for retention), before setting higher expectations of professionalism in the years to come.

Is there likely to be another intraclub match prior to the JLT? Don't live far away (usually visit Cockburn Central once a week or so) and wouldn't mind popping down for a gander...
I doubt it, we're playing 2 JLT matches and an additional scratch match against WCE inbetween.

Looks like the boys have the weekend off. Probably says volumes about where we are and where our expectations are.

Many clubs are having intense scratch matches, taking the last chance to sharpen match skills and build that hardened edge before JLT and season proper. Important to start the year well.

We send our boys away to relax, have cocktails and generally chill out before the brutal season that lays ahead. I think it’s important to let the kids enjoy this time of year because until we’re contending, the season will be long and dreary. Let them enjoy themselves for now (important for retention), before setting higher expectations of professionalism in the years to come.
I'd say because of the 3 prac games we have over the next 3 weekends that this is the last opportunity to give our boys a break before the season.

I doubt it, we're playing 2 JLT matches and an additional scratch match against WCE inbetween.

I'd say because of the 3 prac games we have over the next 3 weekends that this is the last opportunity to give our boys a break before the season.

Yes. We have an extra practice game compared to the other teams (apart from the Eagles of course).

Of course it’s much easier to stick the boots into the club and claim they have low expectations.

Yes. We have an extra practice game compared to the other teams (apart from the Eagles of course).

Of course it’s much easier to stick the boots into the club and claim they have low expectations.
Pretty sure if we were in premiership contention mode, the boys wouldn’t be out having sailor Jerry’s the weekend before JLT. If my post was “sinking the boots in” I’ll be damned. I’m just saying I don’t think we are riding 20yos as hard as we would if they were 25-30yos.

You’ve gotta let boys be boys and let them enjoy the whole experience. Good on them (the club and players) I say!

6E9E10D8-A929-476F-B990-2A8652243003.jpeg

Not exactly elite preparation with one week until JLT. If we were contending, fans would be screaming for bans!

Pretty sure if we were in premiership contention mode, the boys wouldn’t be out having sailor Jerry’s the weekend before JLT. If my post was “sinking the boots in” I’ll be damned. I’m just saying I don’t think we are riding 20yos as hard as we would if they were 25-30yos.

You’ve gotta let boys be boys and let them enjoy the whole experience. Good on them (the club and players) I say!

View attachment 461161

Not exactly elite preparation with one week until JLT. If we were contending, fans would be screaming for bans!

God, young kids sure are comfortable with where they position their hands these days.

View attachment 461161

Are they Sailor Jerry’s? Fans wouldn’t be screaming for bans. Not real fans anyway. Stalkers maybe?

More to the point, unlike other clubs, Fremantle sent 20 of their players to the AFLX on Thursday. I’m pretty sure they weren’t back in time for Friday training.
On top of that the club had its intraclub last Friday, so are a week ahead of the clubs that are apparently taking the competition seriously.
The three practice matches planned for Freo and WC are a further difference to consider.

Bottom line is, you’ve drawn a very long bow from a lack of training reports on Friday.

Are they Sailor Jerry’s? Fans wouldn’t be screaming for bans. Not real fans anyway. Stalkers maybe?

More to the point, unlike other clubs, Fremantle sent 20 of their players to the AFLX on Thursday. I’m pretty sure they weren’t back in time for Friday training.
On top of that the club had its intraclub last Friday, so are a week ahead of the clubs that are apparently taking the competition seriously.
The three practice matches planned for Freo and WC are a further difference to consider.

Bottom line is, you’ve drawn a very long bow from a lack of training reports on Friday.
I think the bottom line is you don’t like my opinion. And that’s ok! Serious clubs would have a zero alcohol policy following matches (including Zooper Dooper Pooper Scooper games). I think Freo has been too serious at times, so it’s good to see a more relaxed attitude more befitting to the list demographics.

I think the bottom line is you don’t like my opinion. And that’s ok! Serious clubs would have a zero alcohol policy following matches (including Zooper Dooper Pooper Scooper games). I think Freo has been too serious at times, so it’s good to see a more relaxed attitude more befitting to the list demographics.

I think thinking is beyond you, but that’s okay!
I don’t like that the evidence for your stated opinion is minimal and that you don’t have the wherewithal to recognise that.

Do serious clubs have a zero alcohol drinking policy following matches? Did your stalking extend to getting a time stamp and drink labels for the piece of social media that you posted?

should we just lock this thread over the weekend to spare everyone from the continual derailments & inane babble?

Lock the bloody thread for good, I say. Too many in here look a gift horse in the mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the best solution is to start moving posts that are only loosely training-related to here. This way we don't extinguish any valid discussions (although im not sure instagram-stalking reeeeally qualifies) while keeping the training reports thread "clean" and easier to reference.

View attachment 461161

You must of missed the board wide notice that only posts full of purple hued rainbows , butterflies and frolicking unicorns will be acceptable otherwise you are not a supporter

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 461161

what on earth is that pink drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back