Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw D Pearce at Cockburn gateway shopping with his kid. Went into red dot. Must live near the future training ground.
He and Sonny I beleive from an article I read not that long ago live around the corner from each other at Atwell and Johnno isn't far away from them.

Screw the AFL for no footy this weekend ... I went out n scored myself a wicked hangover last night, just prepped a killer fry up and low n behold I'm missing one vital ingredient - footy !!!
Back to replays of last year it is then

Screw the AFL for no footy this weekend ... I went out n scored myself a wicked hangover last night, just prepped a killer fry up and low n behold I'm missing one vital ingredient - footy !!!
Back to replays of last year it is then
WAFL on. Get down to Peel & watch Bennell on his old home deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WAFL on. Get down to Peel & watch Bennell on his old home deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would have loved to - child minding duties, engagement party, distaste for driving on the freeway all prevented me doing so.
Caught 10 mins of the souths game, being an old Souths boy myself it was good to see some early season form from them

Only if they increase the draft age. Six years when you spend two developing them is not fair on the clubs.

Yep.
  • Increase the draft age by one year. Maybe have one position per club open for an 18 year old, like they did for 17 year olds back in Pavlich's draft year as an interim measure. Even a 20 year old requirement would be good for the AFL and feeder competitions.
  • Increase the initial contract to three years, with no extensions allowed in the first year. Give the players a bit more security, and take the pressure off to sign extensions before player and club get to know each other properly.
  • Reduce the free agency time by a year, but keep the limited and unlimited free agency distinctions, and keep the compensation, as the more poorly performing clubs will need to be protected from talent stripping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

54295247.jpg

He and Sonny I beleive from an article I read not that long ago live around the corner from each other at Atwell and Johnno isn't far away from them.
Pretty certain Johnson lives around Claremont/Cott. Know someone who dropped off his online orders. Beaut house, obviously.

Sandi lives in a very nice but reasonably modest place in Bicton. Pav around Johnno. Fyfey lives in that new development right across from South Beach, or at least he owns a big block of land there.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/3ea8c7adfbc5d8a6f3a470b305f75214

This article has a anecdote on tagging Nat Fyfe. If you can't get behind the paywall:

I went and stood next to him and he looked at me and laughed “bring your old, skinny bones and follow me” ignoring the play unfolding in his area he headed straight to his forward 50.

Like an obedient robot I followed. He barked at his team mates “get out of my area, I want the forward 50 all to myself, this old man can’t stop me”.

Incidentently Fyfe had 34 touches and 2 goals that day.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/3ea8c7adfbc5d8a6f3a470b305f75214

This article has a anecdote on tagging Nat Fyfe. If you can't get behind the paywall:

I went and stood next to him and he looked at me and laughed “bring your old, skinny bones and follow me” ignoring the play unfolding in his area he headed straight to his forward 50.

Like an obedient robot I followed. He barked at his team mates “get out of my area, I want the forward 50 all to myself, this old man can’t stop me”.

Incidentently Fyfe had 34 touches and 2 goals that day.
sounds like he used some poetic license. or Fyfe was born in the 1940s or an Enid Blyton book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back