Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know it was spoken about half halfheartedly a couple of years ago but is there any chance of a name change for the Dockers? I ******* hate that name for a WA Team. I've always though the Bull Sharks would be a much better name (native to WA, found in the ocean and the Swan River and widely regarded as the most aggressive breed of shark) and would reinforce the links back to two historically successful clubs in East and South Freo. Keep the purple color as it combines the two teams strips and then use the Bulldogs V for home jumper and the Sharks traditional top for away games (or vice versa). Ditch the anchor, ditch the song and refresh the club.

I wouldn't mind having something like this being considered whenever the next branding / logo update occurs. I don't like the word Dockers and never use it when talking about the club.

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know it was spoken about half halfheartedly a couple of years ago but is there any chance of a name change for the Dockers? I ******* hate that name for a WA Team. I've always though the Bull Sharks would be a much better name (native to WA, found in the ocean and the Swan River and widely regarded as the most aggressive breed of shark) and would reinforce the links back to two historically successful clubs in East and South Freo. Keep the purple color as it combines the two teams strips and then use the Bulldogs V for home jumper and the Sharks traditional top for away games (or vice versa). Ditch the anchor, ditch the song and refresh the club.
The Egirls flying high song is at least factual. Makes me think of your clubs 2006 cheaters when ever I hear it. Not to mention that yellow is a fitting colour for Gaff to wear.

Chad in Vegas

All Australian
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Really

We have people in the crowd jump up and down with blow up purple anchors during the game.

Plus the purple anchors on peoples shirts and the clubs logo.

Is this all new to you?
In the words of your mother; come again?

I'm not sure what you're getting at but I was saying that despite the current logo and colour, no one refers to you as the 'Purple Anchors' so if there was a name change to the Bull Sharks why would people call you the 'Purple Bull Sharks'?

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle

I'm not sure what you're getting at but I was saying that despite the current logo and colour, no one refers to you as the 'Purple Anchors' so if there was a name change to the Bull Sharks why would people call you the 'Purple Bull Sharks'?

I won't repeat what your mother said

Maybe you should discuss this grand view with the Freo board. I'm sure they will be very interested in what you have to say.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

Clearly you are very intelligent and insightful... please tell us more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Going off that Yeti I feel like we need some more representation of players on this board.

We have a few Sandi, Bennell, Fyfe, Hill Brothers & Wilson on here. A lot of Brayshaws & Pavlichs still.

We need more Cerra people! I would if I wasn't Ryans' #1 Fan. ;)

Thank god IP has Hamling and Arc is using Neale now.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Going off that Yeti I feel like we need some more representation of players on this board.

We have a few Sandi, Bennell, Fyfe, Hill Brothers & Wilson on here. A lot of Brayshaws & Pavlichs still.

Ok I'll change my av

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle

I appreciate that you are trying to throw us off your scent, Luke.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle

There's a clue in this pic as to why I chose it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back