Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Van_Dyke

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, Glory, Warriors, NOLA,
Connor’s found a way to go surfing without getting suspended.
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f...r-disabled-surfers-association-ng-b881037050z

Many surfers hate sharing the waves, but for Fremantle half-back Connor Blakely, helping everyone enjoy the ocean is a thrill all of its own.

Blakely volunteers with the Disabled Surfers Association of WA, which helps disabled people get on a board and into the ocean.

“They love it, you see the smile they have on their face and the smile on their carers face as well, it’s pure happiness,” Blakely said.

The footballer was helping down at Leighton beach yesterday along with teammates Adam Cerra, Hugh Dixon and Ryan Nyhuis.

“This is a really controlled environment and it’s really safe,” Blakely said.

Blakely said he has enjoyed the opportunity to do a range of volunteer work through the Dockers.

As someone who was down there today, I must say Connor was amazing today, was helping out with the participants in the water right until the end.

Allikat

Aunty Allikat
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Moderator #1,680
Have I missed the preview of the year voting? :think:

Allikat Tayl0r dockshark
Hmm you're correct that hasn't happened, but I can't remember who was meant to run it. It definitely wasn't me, but I do have a couple of tipping type awards to give out. You can run it if you want? :p

Purpletown

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
I find it interesting that we have Pav playing 353? games and Mundy closing in on 300 games and yet our S&C staff are regarded as being poor. Given that they are the only two players from WA to pass the 300 game milestone (provided Mundy makes it) this is a little puzzling to say the least. Perhaps they are just genetically blessed and it has nothing to do with the S&C staff.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wildcats Cockburn Watersliders
I find it interesting that we have Pav playing 353? games and Mundy closing in on 300 games and yet our S&C staff are regarded as being poor. Given that they are the only two players from WA to pass the 300 game milestone (provided Mundy makes it) this is a little puzzling to say the least. Perhaps they are just genetically blessed and it has nothing to do with the S&C staff.
Pav is not of this earth and Mundy is just doing it to spite Memories

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #1,685
Big career games numbers are all down to how many games they play early. Pavlich missed ten games in his first ten seasons, playing 213/223 possible. Six of those were in the last two of that ten year period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unique Name

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've sent the club two messages via facebook this week. One asking them to put out an article on our NGA boys (giving us an update of who's in it, who we can draft next year, where they are playing, etc). They replied saying that it's a good idea and they'll look to put something together.

The other was me commenting that last year quite a few other clubs live streamed their intraclub match for the diehard fans. Was it something we could do? Again they replied fairly positively and said it's something they are considering doing at the beginning of the new year.

Now they could just be saying that to appease me for now and when it comes time to the intraclub it gets forgotten.

It wouldn't hurt our chances of it actually happening if we all made it known to the club that a livestream of the intraclub match is something we would all love.

If it's something you would like to happen, send them an email or a facebook message and let them know.

Bastyy

Team Captain
AFL Club
Fremantle
Went around the corner to the bakery the other day, the dude working asks me what footy team I follow, I respond with Freo and say "Weird team to like in Tasmania aye?" He responds saying he's a Collingwood fan and asks if I hate West Coast too

Let's just say I got my drink for free;)

DeanS

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
what? Like we might start playing badly?
There is a school of thought that our demise last year was directly related to the players losing faith in the coach due to the sexual harassment charge. If that charge hasn’t been handled properly it may cause more alienation of those players (particularly the younger players) who take a very dim view of that sort of attitude by men.

wild side

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
There is a school of thought that our demise last year was directly related to the players losing faith in the coach due to the sexual harassment charge. If that charge hasn’t been handled properly it may cause more alienation of those players (particularly the younger players) who take a very dim view of that sort of attitude by men.
Doubt it, about 70% just want to play at the highest level, and the other 30% are old hands at this media bullshit over here!

Yeti

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
I too enjoy clutching at straws.

Righteo

Purple Campaigner
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Celtics - The Brew Crew
Thread starter #1,699
When was Lyon charged with anything? I think someone has their terminology muddled.

Also sounds a little like wishful thinking and probably more suited to the cesspit known as the scandals and rumours board where the Eagles nuffies can go wild with it.

DeanS

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
When was Lyon charged with anything? I think someone has their terminology muddled.

Also sounds a little like wishful thinking and probably more suited to the cesspit known as the scandals and rumours board where the Eagles nuffies can go wild with it.
We could easily get into another boring discussion on definitions but I think you will find that, while it is commonly used in a legal context, the word charge has a more general meaning relating to accusing someone.

Top Bottom