Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sportsmaniac89

Persona Non Grata
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dandenong Rangers, Man United
If that is indeed a "planned administration team restructure" then why the hell hasn't Rosich handed in his resignation?

His tenure hasn't delivered a premiership and after 10 years, I think it's time he gets shown the door.

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #1,706
The business operations manager goes last month and nobody bats an eyelid, the HR manager is made redundant this month and people start asking questions.

I'll let you in on a not very secret apparent secret.

Fremantle Football Club does not do as well financially playing at the new stadium as it did at Subiaco, we require more people coming to the games to get to that point. As such as need to cut costs elsewhere and behold, the management level has taken a whack.

Fremantle is tightening the belt so we don't stumble into debt.

BlueE

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
The business operations manager goes last month and nobody bats an eyelid, the HR manager is made redundant this month and people start asking questions.

Fremantle Football Club does not do as well financially playing at the new stadium as it did at Subiaco, we require more people coming to the games to get to that point. As such as need to cut costs elsewhere and behold, the management level has taken a whack.

So no need for a non disclosure agreement or anything like that? Good reasoning but I'm curious why they didn't release the rowing coach who's never coached AFL, in charge of coaching the club's AFL coaches then?

Yeti

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
So no need for a non disclosure agreement or anything like that? Good reasoning but I'm curious why they didn't release the rowing coach who's never coached AFL, in charge of coaching the club's AFL coaches then?
"It was expected Ms Horrocks would be required to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of her resignation package."

You realise NDAs are standard in the corporate sector where IP is seen as valuable? They aren't aimed at people going to the media (although they cover that), especially in a redundancy where that person is likely to seek employment in the same industry.

Also, taking anything from that article as gospel is a poor life choice. Any article that goes with "It is understood" or "some sources suggest" should not be treated with anything other than questioning where our media are at as an industry.

Tabloid journalism is a cancer to society.

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #1,709
Anyone who has exposure to management level discussions and access to sensitive information about staff, the club and it's operations would be signing a non-disclosure when they leave.

Football department spending is different to administrative spending.

Dale147

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dogs in the WAFL. WA Cricket

And then the media get it, embelish it as only a west coast centric media can, and then wella, it’s in the media with old speculations attached.

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #1,711
And then the media get it, embelish it as only a west coast centric media can, and then wella, it’s in the media with old speculations attached.
The financials are a real story too, but sex sells better.

Drugs sell the best but for mental health reasons we aren't allow to discuss those anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trouto

All Australian
AFL Club
West Coast
Went around the corner to the bakery the other day, the dude working asks me what footy team I follow, I respond with Freo and say "Weird team to like in Tasmania aye?" He responds saying he's a Collingwood fan and asks if I hate West Coast too

Let's just say I got my drink for free;)
aww thats sweet :)

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle

Read astute management by Steve Rosich.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
"It was expected Ms Horrocks would be required to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of her resignation package."

You realise NDAs are standard in the corporate sector where IP is seen as valuable? They aren't aimed at people going to the media (although they cover that), especially in a redundancy where that person is likely to seek employment in the same industry.

Also, taking anything from that article as gospel is a poor life choice. Any article that goes with "It is understood" or "some sources suggest" should not be treated with anything other than questioning where our media are at as an industry.

Tabloid journalism is a cancer to society.
Particularly when Channel Eagle sensationally announce it all afternoon as a lead up More Dockers turmoil and infer a link to a sexual harrassment allegation.
A list of questions sent to the Dockers remained unanswered. Who the **** do they think they are ?

wayToGo_

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle

sportsmaniac89

Persona Non Grata
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dandenong Rangers, Man United
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-12-18/new-executive-and-management-team-structure-at-freo

An executive team the Liberal party would be jealous of:

Steve Rosich – Chief executive officer
Peter Bell – General manager football
Scott Gooch – Chief commercial officer
Luke Morfesse – General manager marketing and communications
Graeme Parker – Chief operating officer
Cameron Tuohy – Chief financial officer
I wouldn't agree with that.

Rosich has been there far too long, similar to one John Howard.

As for whichever of those others are involved with the PR department, surely they should be reworking their CV at the moment given how the PR department at the club in 2018 screwed up time after time.

wayToGo_

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wouldn't agree with that.

Rosich has been there far too long, similar to one John Howard.

As for whichever of those others are involved with the PR department, surely they should be reworking their CV at the moment given how the PR department at the club in 2018 screwed up time after time.
Missed the joke... It's all men ;)

Top Bottom