Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeanS

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
I was hoping to ask this on the pre-season training thread but........well, you know. Anyway, the reports (all of which I love and cannot work out for the life of me why people feel the need to debate the reporters opinions) often refer to Kersten just running laps. I can’t remember what his injury was but it seems to be going on for a while. What’s up with him and what is the prognosis?

Superkoops

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was hoping to ask this on the pre-season training thread but........well, you know. Anyway, the reports (all of which I love and cannot work out for the life of me why people feel the need to debate the reporters opinions) often refer to Kersten just running laps. I can’t remember what his injury was but it seems to be going on for a while. What’s up with him and what is the prognosis?
Was similar situation for him last pre-season - running stacks and stacks of laps. I think he has had some groin issues but perhaps there is the aim to build his tank ... not sure. Make or break year for Kersten.

gaskin

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
Someone asked him last week but I can't remember what his answer was.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kersten trained fully today. I heard a watcher say that he had a hot spot in his groin (no nudge nudge wink wink intended) and they were being careful. Seems like he is back to full training.

Btw I like healthy debate of reporters opinions. Just don’t like people calling me a liar or sycophant.

Halfbaked

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi, I am not going to say why I was I reading about Benjamin Franklin last night.

It is sad and pathetic tale.
However I truly believe for a man who died in 1790, in Philadelphia, he should be our spiritual leader.
This is what he had to say about (the) Eagles.

Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District.

(And)

You may have seen him perch’d on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk [Osprey]; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

Not a big fan of eagles was our ben.

tants

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi, I am not going to say why I was I reading about Benjamin Franklin last night.

However I truly believe for a man who died in 1790, in Philadelphia, he should be our spiritual leader.

Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District.

(And)

You may have seen him perch’d on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk [Osprey]; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

Ben Franklin didn't like the slave trade. He also didn't like Eagles. Therefore, if you like Eagles you like the Slave trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unique Name

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
When talking about Alex Pearce I still write APearce. Even though we only have one Pearce in the squad now and we all know who we're talking about.

Those last two years of Danyle's scarred me alittle I think.

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ben Franklin didn't like the slave trade. He also didn't like Eagles. Therefore, if you like Eagles you like the Slave trade.
My Grandma was a rabid eagles fan and I don't especially remember her being pro slave trading. That said, I love me some spurious reasoning.

wayToGo_

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fact: Stalin, Hitler and Bin Laden all had pet eagles they loved.

I know we don't like to read too much in to some things but clearly Eagles Lover = Evil Psychopath

Fact: Eagles prey on animals smaller than them... like most of Australia's worst criminals

Clearly our worst criminals in Australia are/were Eagles supporters

The prosecution rests... and tries to forget the horror that was last season :oops:

Purpletown

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos

(And)

Watch out you don't get struck by lightning flying that kite on BF.

Monument Hills

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wildcats Cockburn Watersliders
Saw Morabito out and about looking all healthy and businessy.

Makes me wonder with this team that is building what it would be like with Bennell and Morabito running through the middle unrestrained by calf and knee issues working with Fyfe...

Purpletown

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
I'm a reasonably well adjusted 55 year old. Should the universe want me dead so be it.
As for BF, I take what amuses or informs me, the rest are just letters on a screen.
I was referring to his experiment of flying a kite during a thunder storm to establish the nature of electricity and it was an attempt to be humorous from me. Not my best effort perhaps. No offence intended.

Halfbaked

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was referring to his experiment of flying a kite during a thunder storm to establish the nature of electricity and it was an attempt to be humorous from me. Not my best effort perhaps. No offence intended.
Sorry, no offence taken.
I was more thinking you thought I might cop some shit on big footy and compared it to the experiment - getting hit by lightning.
I just replied getting upset on the net is an odd concept for me. I understand it can upset some people, sometimes with tragic consequences, but they are just faceless words to me.

Purpletown

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
Sorry, no offence taken.
I was more thinking you thought I might cop some shit on big footy and compared it to the experiment - getting hit by lightning.
I just replied getting upset on the net is an odd concept for me. I understand it can upset some people, sometimes with tragic consequences, but they are just faceless words to me.
All good from my end.

Top Bottom