Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our 2:19 was just the third time that a team has scored more in points than goals since 2000.

The others were last year, the Bulldogs 2:14 vs Adelaide and you guessed it, us again 1:7 vs Adelaide in 2009!

We break all the wrong records!

Unique Name

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would love for us to try Duman as a winger. He's got a good tank now, good speed and good skills. I'd like him back in the main side but if they're going to keep him at Peel would be great if he could get a shot on the wing for an extended period.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo FC, Dinamo Zagreb
Not sure where to put this so it’s going here. My youngest daughter’s new boyfriend’s mum is the first cousin of Shaun McManus. As in he’s at family gatherings and stuff like that. The poor boyfriend has an unfortunate surname, although thankfully not related to that grubby mob... Selwood.
How does a cousin of Shauny Mac end up with the name Selwood? It’s a ******* travesty!

Yeti

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Youngest daughter has a boyfriend.

That boyfriend has a mother.

The mother has a first cousin.

That first cousin is Fremantle legend Shaun McManus.

Boyfriend from line 1 has the last name Selwood. How is it possible?

Well, when one person loves another they propose a mutually beneficial union called marriage. Upon entering this union called marriage one person may choose to take the name of the other, which is generally the wife in a man / woman marriage.

It appears that your daughters boyfriends mother who is the 1st cousin of Fremantle legend Shaun McManus married someone with the last name Selwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Youngest daughter has a boyfriend.

That boyfriend has a mother.

The mother has a first cousin.

That first cousin is Fremantle legend Shaun McManus.

Boyfriend from line 1 has the last name Selwood. How is it possible?

Well, when one person loves another they propose a mutually beneficial union called marriage. Upon entering this union called marriage one person may choose to take the name of the other, which is generally the wife in a man / woman marriage.

It appears that your daughters boyfriends mother who is the 1st cousin of Fremantle legend Shaun McManus married someone with the last name Selwood.
I fully understand the logic behind all this, but thank you for mansplaining it to me.

But if these two get married, and as a modern young woman she takes his name, I will kick her backside all the way across the Nullabor to Geelong and she can stay there, with or without him. Worst thing is that my grandchildren would be Selwoods. :eek::mad::sob:

(She's already said she wouldn't change her name for any fella, and as long as she keeps to that decision, she's safe from said backside kicking).

Yeti

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
I fully understand the logic behind all this, but thank you for mansplaining it to me.

But if these two get married, and as a modern young woman she takes his name, I will kick her backside all the way across the Nullabor to Geelong and she can stay there, with or without him. Worst thing is that my grandchildren would be Selwoods. :eek::mad::sob:

(She's already said she wouldn't change her name for any fella, and as long as she keeps to that decision, she's safe from said backside kicking).
Mansplaining? How do you know I am a man?

Wasn't for you either.

AAACockburn

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2013
Underground
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
Not sure where to put this so it’s going here. My youngest daughter’s new boyfriend’s mum is the first cousin of Shaun McManus. As in he’s at family gatherings and stuff like that. The poor boyfriend has an unfortunate surname, although thankfully not related to that grubby mob... Selwood.
How does a cousin of Shauny Mac end up with the name Selwood? It’s a ******* travesty!
Started to read post expecting some really hot gossip, only to leave bitterly disappointed. ;)

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mansplaining? How do you know I am a man?

Wasn't for you either.
Wild guess. Just like a wild guess that 90+% of posters here are blokes. Like when a poster says, ‘hey boys’, and I think, wait what? There are girls here too. Two of our bloody mods are of the female variety of humans. And I guess girls can ‘mansplain’ if they’ve been subjected to it often enough that it just becomes the normal MO for them.
And my apologies for also assuming it was directed at me. But curious as to whom, as it very much appeared to be directed at me with the words ‘your daughter’. Who else’s daughter are we also talking about??

Yeti

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wild guess. Just like a wild guess that 90+% of posters here are blokes. Like when a poster says, ‘hey boys’, and I think, wait what? There are girls here too. Two of our bloody mods are of the female variety of humans. And I guess girls can ‘mansplain’ if they’ve been subjected to it often enough that it just becomes the normal MO for them.
And my apologies for also assuming it was directed at me. But curious as to whom, as it very much appeared to be directed at me with the words ‘your daughter’. Who else’s daughter are we also talking about??
Nothing in your post that indicated you were female. Nothing in my post to indicate would be male.

You I could be anything, even bots.

Maybe don't go searching for offence.

It was in jest breaking down a convoluted post into some discernable information.

sumavich

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
On another topic😂
In the worst tomorrow an article by Duffield saying that moving to the stadium was a great bit of timing for the toast, and not very good for freo. Tend to agree, and next year it will look half full at our games with memberships dropping, and the toast will be getting close to full houses. I think we are in for a lot of pain, both on field and off it

gaskin

Premium Platinum
Aug 19, 2009
On board the Cam train
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
On another topic😂
In the worst tomorrow an article by Duffield saying that moving to the stadium was a great bit of timing for the toast, and not very good for freo.

It doesn't take a genius to work that out. They have a larger supporter base and had a membership waiting list. We didn't. We were never going to fill the stadium unless we have a home final or a Derby.

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
On another topic😂
In the worst tomorrow an article by Duffield saying that moving to the stadium was a great bit of timing for the toast, and not very good for freo. Tend to agree, and next year it will look half full at our games with memberships dropping, and the toast will be getting close to full houses. I think we are in for a lot of pain, both on field and off it
I was going to like your post , But i don't like it i just agree with it , Oh what the the heck it is not as if likes cost you anything.I will like it as well. :)

sumavich

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It doesn't take a genius to work that out. They have a larger supporter base and had a membership waiting list. We didn't. We were never going to fill the stadium unless we have a home final or a Derby.
Ok, but it hasn't helped that's our list mgt has been horrendous for the past 4/5 years, and our coach teaches a defensive scoring deficient game plan either!

Yeti

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone who’s been around here long enough knows I’m female. Without blowing my own horn, I was the originator of the Buddy System, the BF B&F, and was the first training reporter on the board. So I’m pretty much a part of the furniture. Most people who have been around long enough know about my kids, and that I was married before coming out some time ago, hence the ‘When I thought I was straight.’

It appeared that it was directed at me when you said ‘your daughter’. So please don’t tell me I’m ‘looking for offence’.

And who appointed you to the role of ‘breaking down a convoluted post into some discernable information’?

Passive aggressive much?

But I’m not much of a lover of arguing with a faceless person on the internet, so come back at me if you like, but I’m out.
How's the self importance going? Wow.

Keep blowing that horn, what a load of bollocks. Do you really think everyone on the Freo board knows all that about you?

I know I don't, talk about drinking your own bath water of self importance.

Top Bottom