Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've sent the club two messages via facebook this week. One asking them to put out an article on our NGA boys (giving us an update of who's in it, who we can draft next year, where they are playing, etc). They replied saying that it's a good idea and they'll look to put something together.

The other was me commenting that last year quite a few other clubs live streamed their intraclub match for the diehard fans. Was it something we could do? Again they replied fairly positively and said it's something they are considering doing at the beginning of the new year.

Now they could just be saying that to appease me for now and when it comes time to the intraclub it gets forgotten.

It wouldn't hurt our chances of it actually happening if we all made it known to the club that a livestream of the intraclub match is something we would all love.

If it's something you would like to happen, send them an email or a facebook message and let them know.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Went around the corner to the bakery the other day, the dude working asks me what footy team I follow, I respond with Freo and say "Weird team to like in Tasmania aye?" He responds saying he's a Collingwood fan and asks if I hate West Coast too

Let's just say I got my drink for free;)

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
what? Like we might start playing badly?
There is a school of thought that our demise last year was directly related to the players losing faith in the coach due to the sexual harassment charge. If that charge hasn’t been handled properly it may cause more alienation of those players (particularly the younger players) who take a very dim view of that sort of attitude by men.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There is a school of thought that our demise last year was directly related to the players losing faith in the coach due to the sexual harassment charge. If that charge hasn’t been handled properly it may cause more alienation of those players (particularly the younger players) who take a very dim view of that sort of attitude by men.

Doubt it, about 70% just want to play at the highest level, and the other 30% are old hands at this media bullshit over here!

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle

I too enjoy clutching at straws.

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
When was Lyon charged with anything? I think someone has their terminology muddled.

Also sounds a little like wishful thinking and probably more suited to the cesspit known as the scandals and rumours board where the Eagles nuffies can go wild with it.
We could easily get into another boring discussion on definitions but I think you will find that, while it is commonly used in a legal context, the word charge has a more general meaning relating to accusing someone.

If that is indeed a "planned administration team restructure" then why the hell hasn't Rosich handed in his resignation?

His tenure hasn't delivered a premiership and after 10 years, I think it's time he gets shown the door.

The business operations manager goes last month and nobody bats an eyelid, the HR manager is made redundant this month and people start asking questions.

I'll let you in on a not very secret apparent secret.

Fremantle Football Club does not do as well financially playing at the new stadium as it did at Subiaco, we require more people coming to the games to get to that point. As such as need to cut costs elsewhere and behold, the management level has taken a whack.

Fremantle is tightening the belt so we don't stumble into debt.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The business operations manager goes last month and nobody bats an eyelid, the HR manager is made redundant this month and people start asking questions.

Fremantle Football Club does not do as well financially playing at the new stadium as it did at Subiaco, we require more people coming to the games to get to that point. As such as need to cut costs elsewhere and behold, the management level has taken a whack.

So no need for a non disclosure agreement or anything like that? Good reasoning but I'm curious why they didn't release the rowing coach who's never coached AFL, in charge of coaching the club's AFL coaches then?

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
So no need for a non disclosure agreement or anything like that? Good reasoning but I'm curious why they didn't release the rowing coach who's never coached AFL, in charge of coaching the club's AFL coaches then?

"It was expected Ms Horrocks would be required to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of her resignation package."

You realise NDAs are standard in the corporate sector where IP is seen as valuable? They aren't aimed at people going to the media (although they cover that), especially in a redundancy where that person is likely to seek employment in the same industry.

Also, taking anything from that article as gospel is a poor life choice. Any article that goes with "It is understood" or "some sources suggest" should not be treated with anything other than questioning where our media are at as an industry.

Tabloid journalism is a cancer to society.

Anyone who has exposure to management level discussions and access to sensitive information about staff, the club and it's operations would be signing a non-disclosure when they leave.

Football department spending is different to administrative spending.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC

And then the media get it, embelish it as only a west coast centric media can, and then wella, it’s in the media with old speculations attached.

And then the media get it, embelish it as only a west coast centric media can, and then wella, it’s in the media with old speculations attached.
The financials are a real story too, but sex sells better.

Drugs sell the best but for mental health reasons we aren't allow to discuss those anymore.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle

Read astute management by Steve Rosich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back