Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was expected Ms Horrocks would be required to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of her resignation package."

You realise NDAs are standard in the corporate sector where IP is seen as valuable? They aren't aimed at people going to the media (although they cover that), especially in a redundancy where that person is likely to seek employment in the same industry.

Also, taking anything from that article as gospel is a poor life choice. Any article that goes with "It is understood" or "some sources suggest" should not be treated with anything other than questioning where our media are at as an industry.

Tabloid journalism is a cancer to society.

Particularly when Channel Eagle sensationally announce it all afternoon as a lead up More Dockers turmoil and infer a link to a sexual harrassment allegation.
A list of questions sent to the Dockers remained unanswered. Who the * do they think they are ?

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-12-18/new-executive-and-management-team-structure-at-freo

An executive team the Liberal party would be jealous of:

Steve Rosich – Chief executive officer
Peter Bell – General manager football
Scott Gooch – Chief commercial officer
Luke Morfesse – General manager marketing and communications
Graeme Parker – Chief operating officer
Cameron Tuohy – Chief financial officer

I wouldn't agree with that.

Rosich has been there far too long, similar to one John Howard.

As for whichever of those others are involved with the PR department, surely they should be reworking their CV at the moment given how the PR department at the club in 2018 screwed up time after time.

I wouldn't agree with that.

Rosich has been there far too long, similar to one John Howard.

As for whichever of those others are involved with the PR department, surely they should be reworking their CV at the moment given how the PR department at the club in 2018 screwed up time after time.
Missed the joke... It's all men ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares about his body shape? He isn't fat and he is fit and if the club had a problem with it then they would have had him change it.

You can lead a horse to water and all that. To me that looks like the body of someone who goes through the motions in the gym without exerting himself.

It's not a huge deal as long as he's fit - running capacity is more important in modern footy anyway - but it's pretty rare to see someone who's 100% committed to being a professional athlete not to have that reflected in their body shape.

I've just seen Brandon at Coast. Couldn't organise a root in a brothel and cooking harder than Gordon Ramsey in Hell's Kitchen. Looks in ripping nick though.

I left Aus in 2007 and havent been back. I've not seen a full game of footy in almost 12 years. Yeah its tough!

The last time I saw a full Dockers game, Bell was an absolute star, Pavlich was destroying everyone, Mcmanus and Cook were providing plenty of footy for the forwards (though missing targets more often than not) and Luke Mcpharlane was just about our most underrated player ever.

So can someone bring me up to speed here please? I know we are crap. Just how crap are we? And why hasnt Nathan Fyfe been crowned king of WA yet?

So can someone bring me up to speed here please? I know we are crap. Just how crap are we? And why hasnt Nathan Fyfe been crowned king of WA yet?

We aren't as crap as the Victorian media would have you believe. We are a mid-table team at the moment and realistically could finish anywhere between 6-12 this season IMO. Luck, injuries, and how the young guys develop over the season will determine just how high up the ladder we do finish.

I left Aus in 2007 and havent been back. I've not seen a full game of footy in almost 12 years. Yeah its tough!

The last time I saw a full Dockers game, Bell was an absolute star, Pavlich was destroying everyone, Mcmanus and Cook were providing plenty of footy for the forwards (though missing targets more often than not) and Luke Mcpharlane was just about our most underrated player ever.

Things were going well for a while

2012 new coach Ross Lyon from St Kilda inherited a pretty decent list and instilled a hard nosed defensive style that had us up and challenging

2013 looked good from the start and made it all the way through to the GF but poor goal kicking and a tough Hawthorn team about to 3pete put paid to our dreams

2014 decent season but poor finals including a loss to Port Adelaide at home in a semi

2015 great start to the year , finished on top of the ladder but some cracks were starting to appear , lost a preliminary final at home against Hawthorn again which would have set up a Derby GF which we would have won and shut the gobs of those pricks up the road forever alas it wasn't to be

2016 - fell off the cliff starting 0-11 and ending up with a record for the greatest fall down the ladder in the history of the game

2017 - tried to bounce back with the older player but it was hopeless so a new team full of kids by the end

2018 - similar but too young to do anything some promising young players now and a couple of good trades

2019 - looking for a better year with a young fresh hungry team

Fyfe probably would be king if he could stay on the park

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate I dont need the Victorian media tell me my side is pretty crap when we've finished no higher than 14th since 2015.
We have decent players in our defence, and now in our forward line. Our midfield is still crap, and losing Neale will hurt. We have some young talent coming through but they will need another couple of years before they are consistent high performers.

Our remaining experienced players are either injury prone or the game is about to pass them. Or just had a bad run with injuries and will come good this year!?!!? (Fyfe, SHill, BHill, Walters, Sandi - injured).

We have something like 33 new players in 3 years, so basically they need another year or two of playing regular footy together to be a serious threat.

We kinda are a mish-mash of WA imports, young drafted talent, and injury prone experienced players. On our day we could beat anyone, but I think we need most of 2019 to continue to gel before we start playing high level, consistent footy. Enjoy the journey and get around ‘em!!! Buckle in, anything is possible.

You can lead a horse to water and all that. To me that looks like the body of someone who goes through the motions in the gym without exerting himself.

It's not a huge deal as long as he's fit - running capacity is more important in modern footy anyway - but it's pretty rare to see someone who's 100% committed to being a professional athlete not to have that reflected in their body shape.
Agree with that. Both he and Cox have the look of guys that don't apply themselves 100%. Compare their development to Darcy who has changed his body significantly in 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back