Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
Hi, I am not going to say why I was I reading about Benjamin Franklin last night.

It is sad and pathetic tale.
However I truly believe for a man who died in 1790, in Philadelphia, he should be our spiritual leader.
This is what he had to say about (the) Eagles.

Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District.

(And)

You may have seen him perch’d on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk [Osprey]; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

Not a big fan of eagles was our ben.

Watch out you don't get struck by lightning flying that kite on BF.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Saw Morabito out and about looking all healthy and businessy.

Makes me wonder with this team that is building what it would be like with Bennell and Morabito running through the middle unrestrained by calf and knee issues working with Fyfe...

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
I'm a reasonably well adjusted 55 year old. Should the universe want me dead so be it.
As for BF, I take what amuses or informs me, the rest are just letters on a screen.

I was referring to his experiment of flying a kite during a thunder storm to establish the nature of electricity and it was an attempt to be humorous from me. Not my best effort perhaps. No offence intended.

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was referring to his experiment of flying a kite during a thunder storm to establish the nature of electricity and it was an attempt to be humorous from me. Not my best effort perhaps. No offence intended.
Sorry, no offence taken.
I was more thinking you thought I might cop some s**t on big footy and compared it to the experiment - getting hit by lightning.
I just replied getting upset on the net is an odd concept for me. I understand it can upset some people, sometimes with tragic consequences, but they are just faceless words to me.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
Sorry, no offence taken.
I was more thinking you thought I might cop some s**t on big footy and compared it to the experiment - getting hit by lightning.
I just replied getting upset on the net is an odd concept for me. I understand it can upset some people, sometimes with tragic consequences, but they are just faceless words to me.

All good from my end.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Ross not wearing a wedding ring there..
That's not new.

Ross-Lyon.jpg

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No 2019 draft thread yet so I thought I would post this here:

"while Chayce Black, the son of former Docker and Saint Heath, can only be drafted by Fremantle as a father-son choice."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-06/2019-fatherson-prospects-whos-eligible-for-your-club

Anyone got info on Chayce's prospects? I can't remember reading anything about him until this article

He is #10 for Eastern Ranges

His stats for this game were 5 kicks, 10 handballs, three disposals ineffective.

Eastern Ranges have had him playing in both the 2017 and 2018 TAC Cup so far, but I don't know anything about his style.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
From the HS today.

Why two-year Docker qualifies for free agency
FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Western Bulldogs premiership defender Joel Hamling has become the AFL’s test case for free agency for life after only two seasons at Fremantle.

The AFLPA has confirmed any player who has been delisted in their career then moves to another club becomes a free agent when their contract expires.

NEW TIGER: LYNCH STILL HOPES TO BE FIT FOR ROUND 1

TIME OUT: STEVEN TO STEP AWAY FROM FOOTY

Hamling was delisted after three seasons and zero games at Geelong, became a Dogs premiership player in his two years there then moved to Fremantle on a lucrative three-season deal worth around $1.2 million.

Under previous player rules he would have been out of contract in October but the Dockers would hold the whip hand because they would need to trade him if he wanted out.

Now he has leverage to leave or extract a superior deal because he becomes attractive to clubs that don’t have to give up a draft pick to secure the 25-year-old defender.

Champion Data rated Hamling’s 2018 season the best of his career, saying he had the ninth-best defensive rating of any key defender.

He was ranked top two at Fremantle for intercept marks, intercepts and spoils, successfully defending the second-most leads of any player in the competition.

Joel Hamling will be a free agent when his contract expires even though he has been a Docker for only two seasons. Picture: Getty Images
Sydney’s Daniel Menzel also becomes a free agent under the same rules because he was delisted by Geelong then secured by the Swans.

AFLPA player relations general manager Brett Murphy confirmed the league had ticked off free agency for life for players after selecting it as one of three options for 2019.

“Any player who has ever been a delisted free agent before will be a free agent again at the end of their current contract,’’ he said.

“So the next time his contract expires, he becomes a free agent again irrespective of how many years he has served with his current club.”

The same free agency for life rules apply to new Swan Daniel Menzel. Picture: Phil Hillyard
Any player who has been a free agent is now a free agent again once their current contract expires, regardless of the time spent at the club.

The AFLPA would prefer free agency that kicks in at six years for restricted free agents and eight years for unrestricted free agents.

The current free agency terms are locked in until 2020, but both parties can agree upon a change.

The player union is aware if it did successfully lobby for six-year free agency it would need a long run-in time before its introduction given clubs plan so far ahead with list management and free agency.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
From the HS today.

Why two-year Docker qualifies for free agency
FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Western Bulldogs premiership defender Joel Hamling has become the AFL’s test case for free agency for life after only two seasons at Fremantle.

The AFLPA has confirmed any player who has been delisted in their career then moves to another club becomes a free agent when their contract expires.

NEW TIGER: LYNCH STILL HOPES TO BE FIT FOR ROUND 1

TIME OUT: STEVEN TO STEP AWAY FROM FOOTY

Hamling was delisted after three seasons and zero games at Geelong, became a Dogs premiership player in his two years there then moved to Fremantle on a lucrative three-season deal worth around $1.2 million.

Under previous player rules he would have been out of contract in October but the Dockers would hold the whip hand because they would need to trade him if he wanted out.

Now he has leverage to leave or extract a superior deal because he becomes attractive to clubs that don’t have to give up a draft pick to secure the 25-year-old defender.

Champion Data rated Hamling’s 2018 season the best of his career, saying he had the ninth-best defensive rating of any key defender.

He was ranked top two at Fremantle for intercept marks, intercepts and spoils, successfully defending the second-most leads of any player in the competition.

Joel Hamling will be a free agent when his contract expires even though he has been a Docker for only two seasons. Picture: Getty Images
Sydney’s Daniel Menzel also becomes a free agent under the same rules because he was delisted by Geelong then secured by the Swans.

AFLPA player relations general manager Brett Murphy confirmed the league had ticked off free agency for life for players after selecting it as one of three options for 2019.

“Any player who has ever been a delisted free agent before will be a free agent again at the end of their current contract,’’ he said.

“So the next time his contract expires, he becomes a free agent again irrespective of how many years he has served with his current club.”

The same free agency for life rules apply to new Swan Daniel Menzel. Picture: Phil Hillyard
Any player who has been a free agent is now a free agent again once their current contract expires, regardless of the time spent at the club.

The AFLPA would prefer free agency that kicks in at six years for restricted free agents and eight years for unrestricted free agents.

The current free agency terms are locked in until 2020, but both parties can agree upon a change.

The player union is aware if it did successfully lobby for six-year free agency it would need a long run-in time before its introduction given clubs plan so far ahead with list management and free agency.
Oh crap, we are going to have to give Kersten another year now

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's an early call but it seems that the JLT is confirming the suspicion that center clearances are now easier to dominate with the additional time and score from due to the 6-6-6 rule. Size and strength in the center as well as ruck dominance and penetrating kicking to talls in 1v1 situations is a potent combination.

Best case scenario for Fremantle: We get a full season out of Sandilands, Fyfe, Mundy and Banfield/Blakely/Cerra and crush centre clearances to Hogan, Lobb and Taberner causing marks or crumbs for scoring opportunity.

Reasonable scenario: Less than a half a season out of Sandilands coupled with the continued improvement of Darcy (soon to strongest at the club), Mundy plays large mid minutes until Blakely and Stephen gets back, Fyfe in browlow contending form, Walters spending too much time mid, improvement from Banfield, Cerra, Brayshaw and maybe a cameo from a Hogan or even Bennell.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back