Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Player's heights and weights have been updated on the freo website, bit of fun to go through but not a whole lot to take out of it

A number of boys have grown, most outstandingly Logue is now 101kg up from his last measurement of 95, Fyfe is 96kg up from 92kg and 192cm up from 190, and Mundy is now 1cm and 3kg heavier at age 33.
our budding KPPs, Cox and Dixon have both grown 2cm and added a few kg (Cox and Hogan are both 195cm 99kg but completely different bodies). Cerra grew 2cm and added 3kg to 188 & 84, Banfield up 2cm and 4kg to 190 & 92, Duman is up 1cm and 4kg to 193 & 83 and Luke Ryan is now 187cm and 92kg which is up 1cm 4kg as well.
Pearce is closing in on his ideal body weight, up 3kg to 101 while Sturt lost 2kg down to 72 making him the lankiest player on the list. Fyfe and Logue need to teach Sturt how to eat.

Or maybe one of our 4 210+ kg rucks could show him now, Meek is anything but now having gained 6kg putting him into the ULTRAWEIGHT category at 211 he's still the lightest of the 4. In 3rd weighing in at the same weight of this sea lion 213kg is Sean Darcy. Even heavier, and continuing our quest to obtain all odd numbered weights between 210 and 220, weighing the same as this 215kg pygmy hippo is Scott Jones. Lastly The largest man on any list, also the 2nd oldest listed AFL listed player Aaron 211 119 Sandilands.

Lastly Stefan Giro is the hardest working player in the world, if he doesn't make the grade it wont be for lack of trying. Giro has gained 6kg to 77kg all the while bettering his personal best 2km time trial which was already the best at Fremantle, no wonder he got that contract extension.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Or maybe one of our 4 210+ kg rucks could show him now, Meek is anything but now having gained 6kg putting him into the ULTRAWEIGHT category at 211 he's still the lightest of the 4. In 3rd weighing in at the same weight of this sea lion 213kg is Sean Darcy. Even heavier, and continuing our quest to obtain all odd numbered weights between 210 and 220, weighing the same as this 215kg pygmy hippo is Scott Jones. Lastly The largest man on any list, also the 2nd oldest listed AFL listed player Aaron 211 119 Sandilands.
210kg+? wtf? Are they each carrying a backpack with 100kgs in it?

itsduffy

Senior List
Mar 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd Cleveland Cavaliers
This may sound like a dumb but I’m really struggling to figure out how to select tickets for this weekends game using my Flexi membership. All I get is that there is “nothing on sale now” but when I try to buy individual tickets there are heaps left?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Saw this and I liked it. Not sure who created it? Someone on here?
D2Fh_Z-U8AUrDDf.jpg

Anyone remember the 2015 season? Freo had a few early wins and were scoring well. Then the scoring slowed. The articles started to come out that we couldn't win because we weren't attacking enough. The wins kept piling up but the articles didn't stop. Of course, we finished minor premiers before losing in a prelim to Hawks.
That season, one of the things that I don't think was acknowledged was that after ~round 9 we played in wet and/or windy conditions almost every week. I was thinking this after watching us play in near perfect conditions on Saturday that if we get lucky enough to have great conditiions this year, it will go a long way to dispelling the media driven narrative.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone remember the 2015 season? Freo had a few early wins and were scoring well. Then the scoring slowed. The articles started to come out that we couldn't win because we weren't attacking enough. The wins kept piling up but the articles didn't stop. Of course, we finished minor premiers before losing in a prelim to Hawks.
That season, one of the things that I don't think was acknowledged was that after ~round 9 we played in wet and/or windy conditions almost every week. I was thinking this after watching us play in near perfect conditions on Saturday that if we get lucky enough to have great conditiions this year, it will go a long way to dispelling the media driven narrative.
If memory serves we correct, we were smashed by injury. Fyfe, McPharlin, Sandi among others.

Sabtaj

Debutant
Aug 17, 2009
South West
AFL Club
Fremantle

We were going well until Mitchell put his knee into Fyfe and it restricted him for a fair amount of time- was dominating until that point of the season . That prelim was lost on the back on stupid free kicks against ballas and Sheridan killing our momentum with a dropped mark and the ensuring goal to Rioli 😩

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not a huge fan of the AFL Player Ratings but I still check it out to see if I learn anything after each round.

Walters is the #2 highest rated AFL player this season so far (after Cripps) - so based on 5 rounds (he's also the biggest mover of all players, up to #22 spanning his last however many performances they base it on). He has been exceptional playing in the midfield and drifting forward. What I loved about the GWS game was I don't think he played for a free kick once and just got on and played the game and killed it. Keep doing that and he will be massive for us all season.

What is perhaps more interesting is Matera is rated #10 in the AFL for the 5 rounds (all players, not just small forwards). Like others I was skeptical he'd turn things around but shut my mouth (unlike some :p) thinking he might be a lot better when played in his proper position (small crumbing forward). He's certainly exceeded all expectations so far. He's still doing plenty of work than just kicking goals but he's an absolute dead eye in front of the sticks, both from set shots and in general play. Massive inclusion for us working with Switta and at the feet of our many tall forwards.

We haven't seen the best of Fyfe yet (sitting at #23 for the year). Mundy #28, Lobb #41, McCarthy #63, Hill #67, Ryan #82, Tucker #114. That's a lot of players around the top 100 - and a good sign the whole team is improving.

Langdon, Hogan, Pearce, Taberner are all trending upward as well and all are capable of being rated in that top 100 . Pretty much all our players that are playing AFL are trending upwards. Wilson the only exception of those playing I think - and he was better against GWS imo so hopefully he's turning a corner.

Please can we keep it up?!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Men in the middle: Nat Fyfe (129 attendances), Rory Lobb (120), David Mundy (115), Michael Walters (81), Reece Conca (73), Andrew Brayshaw (50), Darcy Tucker (43), Sean Darcy (35), Matt Taberner (15), Jesse Hogan (7), Bradley Hill (4), Adam Cerra (4), Lachie Schultz (2), Bailey Banfield (2)

Go-to guys: The Dockers want quality around the ball, and since Lachie Neale's departure Mundy and Walters have been pushed into the middle more often. Conca, Brayshaw and Tucker rotate through as defensive-minded options.

Most successful starting four: Lobb, Fyfe, Mundy, Walters Clearance record: 17 wins, 8 losses

Ruck and roll: No surprises that stoppage beast Fyfe and Lobb are Freo's best duo, combining for seven centre clearances this season.

Average centre clearance differential: +2.7 Ranked: 2nd

Average points from centre bounces differential: +6.3 Ranked: 2nd

Analysis: Rory Lobb might not be Aaron Sandilands, but the former Giant has more often than not held his own in the ruck, and with Fyfe, Mundy and Walters all in outstanding touch the Dockers boast some serious class at ground level. Throw Connor Blakely back into the mix – and potentially Sean Darcy and Sandilands if he can get fit – and you can see why Fremantle is as well-placed as any side to take advantage of the new 6-6-6 starting positions.
Lobb's doing fine in the centre according to this article (from afl.com.au).

Freo_4eva

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont, San Antonio, ND Irish
Ballas' illustrious Horse Training career continues tomorrow @ Ascot.. Race 3, Number 6 - Mankind.

Underwhelming start for Hayden, 2 provincial runs for a last and 2nd last (not this horse).

Mankind has talent though.. might be worth a cheeky.

Freo_4eva

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Just to add.. Hamling, APearce, Matera and Sandi have a share in the horse. Freo affair for sure

Ballas' illustrious Horse Training career continues tomorrow @ Ascot.. Race 3, Number 6 - Mankind.

Underwhelming start for Hayden, 2 provincial runs for a last and 2nd last (not this horse).

Mankind has talent though.. might be worth a cheeky.

Geez it's even got a fish on the back of it, must be pretty confident then.

(It's common punting knowledge with my mates over here in the east that if you're not sure on WA races to back either horses ridden by Pike or Whiting i.e. "Back a Fish in Perth". Pike in particular is a good jockey to back)

Freo_4eva

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Pike is a freak.. I assume he's on board mostly because he rode the horse for the previous trainer (who is also the juggernaut that trains mostly for Bob Peters, the leading WA Owner).. but it will def. help having him in the saddle!

As for Cox, Ryan and Kersten.. not sure, they weren't on the official list but could very well share ownership with those other boys.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez it's even got a fish on the back of it, must be pretty confident then.

(It's common punting knowledge with my mates over here in the east that if you're not sure on WA races to back either horses ridden by Pike or Whiting i.e. "Back a Fish in Perth". Pike in particular is a good jockey to back)

WA racing is very, very dirty and Pike has the right connections and gets put on the “right” horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back