Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the online tv guide I read, that game is Channel 7's replay tonight. Interesting to see past and future Dockers players (Farmer, Chisholm, T Longmuir and White) playing for Melbourne.

Edit: Forgot to mention Snake Simmonds out there too playing his 2nd game.
Snake Simmonds? Did I miss something?
Always thought he was a solid player for us. Good pick up with McPharlin, Farmer and Croad.
Didn’t play enough games in the end. Would’ve been handy in 2006.

Snake Simmonds? Did I miss something?
Always thought he was a solid player for us. Good pick up with McPharlin, Farmer and Croad.
Didn’t play enough games in the end. Would’ve been handy in 2006.

Troy Simmonds was a slightly above average player. Neither great nor terrible. Clubs need them.
I think he was some sort of martial arts exponent as well ?

I know it's not a great attitude, but I make up for how bad Fremantle is by compiling a list of clubs that I'm happy I don't support instead. Adelaide are really pushing to the top of it right now.

Last edited:
Even though they can least afford it and crowd size has nothing to do with the argument. It's just the way of the world.

It will be the minnows. Saints, Norths, Dogs, Dees.

The one team I reckon you can guarantee it won't be is the Dees since they have played the weagles here already. Tigers and Bombers also out I'd say (as they would have played a WA team by then).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one team I reckon you can guarantee it won't be is the Dees since they have played the weagles here already. Tigers and Bombers also out I'd say (as they would have played a WA team by then).
Correct. Plus the Vic teams coming need to be able to play each other as well to make the hub worthwhile. It really narrows down the list.

Both our clubs standing our ground and not wanting to stay interstate for more than six or so weeks has led to this imo. The AFL ideally would have kept us interstate all season if they had to.
What if the AFLPA said the hub sides needed to be paid better because of it and the AFL saw the writing on the wall regarding Vic players demanding their cut

Both our clubs standing our ground and not wanting to stay interstate for more than six or so weeks has led to this imo. The AFL ideally would have kept us interstate all season if they had to.
vAfl would be spewing..Not just the vic clubs that will have to travel & spend 2 weeks in this our western hell hole ..😂

The argument for Collingwood not travelling much usually centred around the financial boost the AFL received due to the size of crowds Collingwood pulled. This argument can’t be used in this current circumstance so pack the bastards up and send ‘em over.

I think it will be the low drawing minnows as Bigger said, if they can swing it. There would be some permutations to send over not Richmond, Melbourne, Essendon, as they will have already played either Freo or WC. So then they’ll have to work out who hasn’t played each other in Melbourne during the lockdown.

Looking at the Rd 1 fixture, and what’s coming up in Rd 2, I think it will be almost definitely be Dogs, North, Carlton and then either Hawks or Cats.

There’ll have to be some careful planning to make sure none of these teams play each other leading up to coming over. Whichever of Hawks or Cats they choose not to send over, can play any of the others whenever/however they do the fixture.

So - lock in Dogs, North and Carlton. And probably Hawthorn. Look for Geelong to play all their home games at Kardinia Park.

All of saints, north, dogs & melbourne.
The afls usual suspects.

Can't be. North and Saints played R1. Which unfortunately people keep forgetting, given how badly the Saints s**t the bed in that game.

Melbourne already played WC, so they're out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back