Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be a trashy news site, but it is national and it is big, and Freo's actions on Twitter yesterday are now on the front page of it, so bravo again.

I support the member who declared his issue with the kneeling.
I support Freo for their response in refunding the membership.
And I support Walters and others for trying to continually raise awareness of why racism should not be tolerated.

However, we should not be so eager to allow politics to interfere with the AFL.
A large number of people, myself included, associate the kneel and BLM as political activism by the US political left to cause civil division and unrest.
Now I totally accept and even respect why many, even the majority may disagree with that statement of mine but if you cared to research the topic with an open mind you may also undertand why I can believe that.
My point here is, being unhappy about the kneeling and being racist are not one and the same. Calling a person a racist purely on their angst about the kneel is further evidence of how this tribal division works, by design.
No full on racist would ever own two Freo memberships to start with. Many supporters like myself follow Freo largely due to our enjoyment of our talented indigenous players.

So please leave the controversial political stuff out of the AFL and Freo wouldn’t have to worry about members tweets and refunds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I support the member who declared his issue with the kneeling.
I support Freo for their response in refunding the membership.
And I support Walters and others for trying to continually raise awareness of why racism should not be tolerated.

However, we should not be so eager to allow politics to interfere with the AFL.
A large number of people, myself included, associate the kneel and BLM as political activism by the US political left to cause civil division and unrest.
Now I totally accept and even respect why many, even the majority may disagree with that statement of mine but if you cared to research the topic with an open mind you may also undertand why I can believe that.
My point here is, being unhappy about the kneeling and being racist are not one and the same. Calling a person a racist purely on their angst about the kneel is further evidence of how this tribal division works, by design.
No full on racist would ever own two Freo memberships to start with. Many supporters like myself follow Freo largely due to our enjoyment of our talented indigenous players.

So please leave the controversial political stuff out of the AFL and Freo wouldn’t have to worry about members tweets and refunds.

Well there’s a first for everything. We agree on something!

That’s great & sad at the same time. With the development this year of the playing group, imagine what it could have been without Covid.
Actually, I think Covid has been a blessing in disguise. Typically young, but talented teams run out of legs in the last 5 or 6 games of the season. In fact, look at us last year.

the shortened season means our young'uns will finish the year, just as their petrol tickets expire. Ready for a big 2021.

Actually, I think Covid has been a blessing in disguise. Typically young, but talented teams run out of legs in the last 5 or 6 games of the season. In fact, look at us last year.

the shortened season means our young'uns will finish the year, just as their petrol tickets expire. Ready for a big 2021.
I was talking membership, but agree, as a club it has escalated our development & relationships.

Hopefully Freo actually take this into account when doing the draw, surely you only award people who pledged straightaway or close to?
That would be terribly corrupt to sell tickets in a raffle which are only valid to the first certain number of tickets and the rest are void because they aren't "real freo members".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back