Status
Not open for further replies.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If its on the west side no problem, that's where Geoff is.
I am closer to the southern goals, and no problem with sun.
If it's on the east side, then yes could be a problem.

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi guys and gals,looking at swapping seats for the footy this year from 124 to be a bit more elevated in either 328 or 542/43/44 can anyone seated in these or nearby advise on the pros and cons of their positions.cheers in advance
I'm in 332, effectively behind the southern behind post at the city end. Having had to move around during this last season, I came to fully appreciate how good those seats are. Good elevation, behind the goals and, being at the city end, complete protection from rain. Although a little more toward the 50m line than mine, 328 would be the pick of those you mention, in my opinion.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm in 332, effectively behind the southern behind post at the city end. Having had to move around during this last season, I came to fully appreciate how good those seats are. Good elevation, behind the goals and, being at the city end, complete protection from rain. Although a little more toward the 50m line than mine, 328 would be the pick of those you mention, in my opinion.
Yeah I try to get seats around there if i can. Great spot.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Hat tip to FreoPope (are they on BigFooty?) for this perfect response on Twitter.

He used to be here a lot, but I think he got sick of some of the infighting. He was very good value - great insight, great footy knowledge, cricket-lover, all round good guy. Think he went simply by ThePope in his BF days. AFAIK, exclusively Twitter for his Freo (and cricket) posting. Biting humour also. Worth a follow.

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
Found this old letter at my work asking for corporate membership back in 99. Pretty funny with the value of hindsight.
6E3313B7-2D15-44A6-95E7-952B77E2EA29.jpeg

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
Pretty sure in 1999 a can of coke was going for 80c.
Yeah the Corpo prices were pretty damn cheap those days. I just like the

The appointment of Damian Drum will see a new focus to the positioning of our team. - Yeap to the bottom of the ladder with a two win season.

Last edited:

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm in 543. It's centre wing. Level 5 is fine as long as you're in row 2 to 5 (a narrow range I admit. I'm in 3 myself). Row 1 the glass and posts block your view and past row 5 or 6 you're getting higher and further away.

I'm in 523, cheap seats. I like it, coz you can see everything.
Is 543 over near the wing, if so you'll be near Geoff Hutchinson ??? ABC
It can be. I was on level 5 for the Derby and the sun going down made for tough viewing for a while.

Personally, I wouldn't go with level 5 if I could help it. You get a great view from above so you can watch the tactical battle, but IMO, you are too far removed from the action and it is extremely difficult to see what is happening on the other side of the ground.

ThePope

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2003
32º 03'S 115º 45'E
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
He used to be here a lot, but I think he got sick of some of the infighting. He was very good value - great insight, great footy knowledge, cricket-lover, all round good guy. Think he went simply by ThePope in his BF days. AFAIK, exclusively Twitter for his Freo (and cricket) posting. Biting humour also. Worth a follow.
Yep, still around, but mainly just in the footy history forum on BF now. Us amateur historians can deal with just the facts, Jack, just the facts. Not here for any drama any more. I keep most of my snark & "biting humour" (thanks IP!) for Twitter.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Yep, still around, but mainly just in the footy history forum on BF now. Us amateur historians can deal with just the facts, Jack, just the facts. Not here for any drama any more. I keep most of my snark & "biting humour" (thanks IP!) for Twitter.
Hehe you’re welcome. 😂 Facts is facts is good. No sniping, just the facts.
(BTW I follow you on Twitter, but you largely ignore me when I comment on your stuff... even when I say nice things about you here. You dirty rat! 😆😉)

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Damn they are really good at that cap dodge, we really need to get better at this if we want to succeed

Have you ever wondered why Nic Nat & Kennedy are staring at you when you drive through the Hungry Jacks drive thru & in the store? That’s called ‘outside of the salary cap’ & have you seen the latest Retravision commercial on TV which has an outdoor TV showing a number of the Eagles players for an awkwardly long time? That’s how you inflate your salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back