Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can we still blame the Steve’s or at some stage do the current decision makers take responsibility?

Luckily we blame the AFL for this, not the club. It's part of their licensing of merchandise. Company's pay for a license and then submit the items to the AFL for purchase via the club / AFL stores / retail stores.

That is why you get crap like this, dodgy keyrings, plush toys etc.

The club gets a revenue stream, the AFL gets a revenue stream and the supporters get utter crap sold to them.

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Congratulations to Michael Barlow on becoming the new Werribee Senior Coach. Would have liked him to become an assistant coach at Freo but a being Senior Coach of a VFL team will be huge for his resume. Good luck Micky!

when JLo steps aside after his 5th flag, Mickey B to be his replacement?
I'm not worthy to be in his presence.
who is?

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Depending on the rules...keep it simple...I would be keen. Was involved in fantasy footy for 20 years up until a few years ago when kids made it too hard to keep coordinating it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
The draft day of the Margaret River Fantasy Football League or MRFFL as it is known (still running est 2002) was one of my favourite days of the year...so many beers and so much banter. We could run a ten coach league easily. Squads of twelve players each...play three each week. 1 x forward (goals and points) 1 × midfielder (disposals) 1 x ruck ( hitouts and marks) would be a good simple league for a bit of fun. Two full rounds...normal ladder with 4pts for a win and % then four finals rounds for the top five teams. Winner is the BFFFL CHAMP (Big footy fantasy football league)

The draft day of the Margaret River Fantasy Football League or MRFFL as it is known (still running est 2002) was one of my favourite days of the year...so many beers and so much banter. We could run a ten coach league easily. Squads of twelve players each...play three each week. 1 x forward (goals and points) 1 × midfielder (disposals) 1 x ruck ( hitouts and marks) would be a good simple league for a bit of fun. Two full rounds...normal ladder with 4pts for a win and % then four finals rounds for the top five teams. Winner is the BFFFL CHAMP (Big footy fantasy football league)
Or use ultimate footy and let them do the heavy lifting.

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’ve seen some profit/Loss numbers being announced for different clubs.

I don’t think I’ve heard how we went. Given the impacts of Covid it would be interesting to hear how we went financially.

Was this announced? I may have missed it.

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
With the announcement of 50% crowds in Victoria I can see that our Round1 MELB v Freo game at the MCG will be swapped with Essendon v Hawks currently at Marvel to fit more fans in and we will be bumped to Marvel.

Probably makes it easier against Melbourne but another game we miss out on at the MCG!

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
With the announcement of 50% crowds in Victoria I can see that our Round1 MELB v Freo game at the MCG will be swapped with Essendon v Hawks currently at Marvel to fit more fans in and we will be bumped to Marvel.

Probably makes it easier against Melbourne but another game we miss out on at the MCG!
Highly doubt it. People would probably go no matter who's playing just to goto the footy again.

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Highly doubt it. People would probably go no matter who's playing just to goto the footy again.

But let’s be honest Hawthorn & Essendon have huge supporter bases. Melbourne v Freo crowd wouldn’t compete with that. I’d prefer us to play at the MCG but I can see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back