Not open for further replies.

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hoping for some help tomorrow.....
I Have to work during the scratch match live stream - can anyone help a Freo tragic out and record it with a view to sharing it with us time poor folk ??
I’m desperate to see it..... please Freo footy gods, shine a light !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Xavier Ellis said on the radio that when he signed with the Eagles, we had actually flown him out here and put him up in a hotel. Ross didn't bother to come and meet him so he signed with the Eagles.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Xavier Ellis said on the radio that when he signed with the Eagles, we had actually flown him out here and put him up in a hotel. Ross didn't bother to come and meet him so he signed with the Eagles.

I know a young AFL player. Just before his draft, he had his final meeting with Freo and Ross attended the meeting but other than hello and good bye he didn’t say a word, just sat there looking uninterested. Left the young fella and his family hoping like hell that we didn’t select him. And were overjoyed that we didn’t.

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

Are we really so cut up we didn't pick up Xavier Ellis? Ross probably didn't go because trading him in would have been a waste of time and effort.

Are we really so cut up we didn't pick up Xavier Ellis? Ross probably didn't go because trading him in would have been a waste of time and effort.

No, but it says a lot about Ross that if the club has flown a player over with the intent of bringing them into the club, that he as the senior coach won't even meet the bloke.

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

He was a free agent at the time, but that's neither here nor there. The conversation is about what should a senior coach be doing in that position.

Ross can't win these days, seems like sometimes he's too involved in list management, and sometimes not enough

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I still love Ross but the way he and others treated Aaron Naughton. They saw him play at Peel & ignored his undeniable talent. Excluded him from the GF team and other crap Freo players which had no future at Freo played ahead of him. There is no way he’ll ever come back to us.

I still love Ross but the way he and others treated Aaron Naughton. They saw him play at Peel & ignored his undeniable talent. Excluded him from the GF team and other crap Freo players which had no future at Freo played ahead of him. There is no way he’ll ever come back to us.

Did Lyon really require Peel to drop him so that his crap AFL players could help Peel win a flag?

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
I think it was the Duff and Quarters pod that said Freo have only had 15 30+ Season goal kickers since our inception. Off the top of my head -

1. Pavlich
2. Walters
3. Ballas
4. Modra
5. Croad
6. Medhurst
7. Clive
8. Farmer

Im blank on who the rest are, Anyone know? (Without checking a stats website)

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I think it was the Duff and Quarters pod that said Freo have only had 15 30+ Season goal kickers since our inception. Off the top of my head -

1. Pavlich
2. Walters
3. Ballas
4. Modra
5. Croad
6. Medhurst
7. Clive
8. Farmer

Mayne probs one, Maybe Tarrant but doubt it

Probably some early year players when scoring was easier

didn't Matera kick a bunch of bags in 2019 too, he might have made it
Keplar got to 25 in 2011 to take out our leading scorer but don't think 30
Des Headland may have got there

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

1. Pavlich
2. Walters
3. Ballas
4. Modra
5. Croad
6. Medhurst
7. Clive
8. Farmer

Peter Mann and Kingsley Hunter

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
How could I forget Peter Mann, gotta admit Kingsley Hunter surprised me.

I think Winston Abraham might be another one.

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
Mayne probs one, Maybe Tarrant but doubt it

Probably some early year players when scoring was easier

didn't Matera kick a bunch of bags in 2019 too, he might have made it
Keplar got to 25 in 2011 to take out our leading scorer but don't think 30
Des Headland may have got there

Started checking the data sites.

Yeah, Chris Mayne kicked 37 & 39 in 2012 - 13.
Brandon Matera kicked 30 in 2019.
Chris Tarrant, 33 goals in 2007.
Justin Longmuir, 38 goals in 2003.
Luke McPharlin, 34 goals in 2005.
Winston Abraham never hit 30 and yeah Des’ best year for us was 07 with 25 goals.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Started checking the data sites.

Yeah, Chris Mayne kicked 37 & 39 in 2012 - 13.
Brandon Matera kicked 30 in 2019.
Chris Tarrant, 33 goals in 2007.
Justin Longmuir, 38 goals in 2003.
Luke McPharlin, 34 goals in 2005.
Winston Abraham never hit 30 and yeah Des’ best year for us was 07 with 25 goals.
I forgot about Longy and thought about Luke but didn't think he played forward often enough

FUS_RO_DAH

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2012
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
Fremantle
As we don't appear to have a Fantasy/Supercoach/RDT thread... Imma leave this here.

Can anybody convince me not to trade in Michael Frederick?

$315k FWD.
Looks to have a terrific role.
Tonned up in the preseason against WC.
76 yesterday coming back from injury.
Surely he makes a fair bit of coin?

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
As we don't appear to have a Fantasy/Supercoach/RDT thread... Imma leave this here.

Can anybody convince me not to trade in Michael Frederick?

$315k FWD.
Looks to have a terrific role.
Tonned up in the preseason against WC.
76 yesterday coming back from injury.
Surely he makes a fair bit of coin?
I've already done the trade. I had him all preseason so his R1 miss was devo from a Freo and Fantasy POV for me.

Has good hands so should take marks, finds space and the goals. Easily got 200k in him. Especially our next 4 weeks against bottom 8 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back