Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my son will sit and watch the game on a Sunday arvo. Won't watch any other games. His favourite is Fyfe because of the number 7. Thankfully not the hair do haha
My 2 boys both wore number 7 in juniors .
Ones now playing 16's the other should be playing Colts but got called up to the league last year , playing midfield and loving it .
In his 2 years playing League he has played alongside Ash McGrath and last week played against Brett Peake .

Oscar Allen's older brother was training with our team pre-season and was going to play then landed a job in Perth or something and isn't playing for us this year . Spewing , apparently was pretty handy .

Watched the Demo Derby on Kayo last night and noticed some things Ive forgotten about or didn’t know because I was too young.
  • Ken Judge playing Ben Cousins in the forward pocket preferring Rowan Jones, Kemp and Banfield in the mid...
  • Pav beating Jackovich one on one, Jacko would then push Pav into an oncoming shirt front by Macintosh, forcing him out of the game.
  • Dodd planting a nice left hook on Phil
    Read.
  • Phil Read literally got bashed by Kickett twice, had blood on his cheekbones and
    a nice shiner. Phil Read is a flog.
  • Was Leigh Brown playing in the forward line for most of the year?
  • Why did Drum trade Clement? His ball use and composure was awesome.
  • There was none of this lame head rubbing you see in today’s game. Players hit hard got on with it.
  • Daniel Bandy, was he any good? Had a bit of a purple patch that game.

Drum traded Clement because Damian Drum was dumber than dogshit.

Clement had a relationship with Malthouse. He had coffees with him when Malthouse was coach of the Weavils. Drummy, justifiably, hated that and accused Clement of dragging the anchor at training and generally sandbagging it because he would much rather have been with Mick. All of which probably has a grain of truth in it, but anyone who saw Clement run down the Geebung racehorse, Milburn, and plant his head in the Subiaco turf, knew Clement wasn't mucking around on the paddock.

I thought part of the story was Clement wanted to do study outside footy and Drum believed players should concentrate exclusively on footy.

Of course we now know outside interests are healthy and beneficial for sportsmen. Just another example of Drum being a superb coach.

Drum traded Clement because Damian Drum was dumber than dogshit.

Clement had a relationship with Malthouse. He had coffees with him when Malthouse was coach of the Weavils. Drummy, justifiably, hated that and accused Clement of dragging the anchor at training and generally sandbagging it because he would much rather have been with Mick. All of which probably has a grain of truth in it, but anyone who saw Clement run down the Geebung racehorse, Milburn, and plant his head in the Subiaco turf, knew Clement wasn't mucking around on the paddock.

Was Milburn ever that quick that he could be referred to as a racehorse? Scott Bamford - speedy but skinny footballer who started at Fitzroy who went for a run and bounce through the centre at Subiaco in the last quarter and was chased down is the one I recall.

Fellow Freo fans. Sorry for intruding and let me know if I should post this anywhere else. The below is an AFL Fantasy Draft related question.

Do you see Serong’s TOG% being managed upwards this year? I absolutely love the guy and wish the crows picked him when we had the chance (we went with Fischer Mcasey instead). Likewise do you see any possibility of Walters spending more time in the midfield and any chance of his fantasy scores improving?

Thanks!

Fellow Freo fans. Sorry for intruding and let me know if I should post this anywhere else. The below is an AFL Fantasy Draft related question.

Do you see Serong’s TOG% being managed upwards this year? I absolutely love the guy and wish the crows picked him when we had the chance (we went with Fischer Mcasey instead). Likewise do you see any possibility of Walters spending more time in the midfield and any chance of his fantasy scores improving?

Thanks!
Both unlikely.

Pretty sure Serong has low TOG because he is playing inside mid and is so young. That obviously doesn't change this year.

JL has said numerous times he likes Walters forward as we have a good midfield and need more scoring options. Would only happen if we lost a few mids to injury and he was moved back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should grow some arrogance like the Pies and Bombers and say that this is our away strip:
252427-paul-hasleby.jpg

And we will wear this when we are at home:
Nat-Fyfe-755x515.jpg

Saturday afternoon is the best timeslot to go to watch a match live, and people will tune in to watch Collingwood no matter what time. Win-win

Saturday afternoon sucks. That is my WAFL time. Saturday night is where it is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back