Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
So, I had a dream that I went to the GF this year with my Freo tragic mate and watched Fyfe kick a bag to lift the cup. It was a nice sunny day in Melbourne… and he was wearing the purple gurnsey with white shorts.

I hadn’t previously read this thread
It's all believable except the nice sunny day in Melbourne bit.

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just another mediocre decision by the club. Along with the membership pack this year. Tinny badge. Crappy sticker and a $30 voucher.

Bring back the Membership Cards. Stuff the environment.

Membership cards or phone app, for entry to game.

Why not have both, phone’s do malfunction, .... at crucial times !!!.

Oct 3, 2006
Block 345
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glasgow Celtic, Roys FFC, NUFC,
Membership cards or phone app, for entry to game.

Why not have both, phone’s do malfunction, .... at crucial times !!!.

Exactly.. I understand with Covid fixtures are up on the air but it wouldn't be hard to progam the readers to accept cards on specific dates. But it's not about that. It's about going "environmentally friendly" and ditching plastics.

Crucially though it is a really crappy membership pack. Worst one I can recall in almost 20 years of memberships. That used to be part of the pre season excitement. Membership pack. Card, Lanyard, Pin, Fixture list on a magnet. Pen (sometimes).

Just so poor and cheap. Using the word cheap is an insult to the word cheap.

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Exactly.. I understand with Covid fixtures are up on the air but it wouldn't be hard to progam the readers to accept cards on specific dates. But it's not about that. It's about going "environmentally friendly" and ditching plastics.

Crucially though it is a really crappy membership pack. Worst one I can recall in almost 20 years of memberships. That used to be part of the pre season excitement. Membership pack. Card, Lanyard, Pin, Fixture list on a magnet. Pen (sometimes).

Just so poor and cheap. Using the word cheap is an insult to the word cheap.
If they make finals, who cares.. also could be a case of having to save money in the time of covid, and they will be better again post covid. Makes sense right?

Oct 3, 2006
Block 345
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glasgow Celtic, Roys FFC, NUFC,
If they make finals, who cares.. also could be a case of having to save money in the time of covid, and they will be better again post covid. Makes sense right?

Not really. You probably summed it up a little there. "If THEY make finals". It's beginning to feel like we're of less and less import to this club. I remember the last time the club made decisions about jumpers without asking the members. They swore it was a mistake and they wouldn't do it again.

As for supply issues. Yeah I'm not convinced there's enough of an argument there just a possible excuse.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not really. You probably summed it up a little there. "If THEY make finals". It's beginning to feel like we're of less and less import to this club. I remember the last time the club made decisions about jumpers without asking the members. They swore it was a mistake and they wouldn't do it again.

As for supply issues. Yeah I'm not convinced there's enough of an argument there just a possible excuse.
Lets be honest the membership pack was always cheap and crappy, you just got less cheap and crappy items within it, it's no big deal.

cardamon

Senior List
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
So, I had a dream that I went to the GF this year with my Freo tragic mate and watched Fyfe kick a bag to lift the cup. It was a nice sunny day in Melbourne… and he was wearing the purple gurnsey with white shorts.

I hadn’t previously read this thread

There was a reddit thread in r/afl where people spoke about recent afl dreams they had, a lot were freo grand final dream where we win a close one with tabs kicking a late goal. From non-freo supporters too

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was a reddit thread in r/afl where people spoke about recent afl dreams they had, a lot were freo grand final dream where we win a close one with tabs kicking a late goal. From non-freo supporters too

Sounds like the following :-

“ Darcy taps behind, Serong reads it well, off to Brayshaw who aims long for a fast leading Treacy, Mundyyyyyyyyyyy cruising in behind the pack takes it on the chest, 35 out”.

Deep breath ......

“Mundy wanders back to take the kick, comes in, ....... bullet like, straight through the uprights, ......... Pav is not the Mayor of Freo anymore !!!!. Freo by 5 points”.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whoever made this ad must have done the same media course as the freo media team.
it’s genius, so many little drive by digs and subliminal messages it warrants a few watches

Yep, great stuff. It certainly wasn't put together by the same creative team that do the RAC ads!

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Cam Shepard

Attachments

• A6FBAB06-C573-427B-8943-0BFBD4E8F41E.png
    A6FBAB06-C573-427B-8943-0BFBD4E8F41E.png
    776.3 KB · Views: 110

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Squiggle thinks we suck …….. again

View attachment 1312469

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Go back and search the threads. We already determined that squiggle is no better than flipping a coin for pre season predicting.

Plus someone found out that the site is run by a 12 year old boy in a basement in the Scottish highlands.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's as accurate as anything that bases it's prediction heavily in what the solution was the last time it looked. Today's weather will be very much like yesterday's weather almost all the time, sometimes it will get hotter, sometimes it gets wetter but it's mostly the same day to day.

That's how the squiggle works

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
It's as accurate as anything that bases it's prediction heavily in what the solution was the last time it looked. Today's weather will be very much like yesterday's weather almost all the time, sometimes it will get hotter, sometimes it gets wetter but it's mostly the same day to day.

That's how the squiggle works
There must be other algorithm prediction program; is Squiggle the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back