Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t mind if I do intrude

But has your chevrons shape changed at all over the years? Seems bigger this year

Cheers
The chevrons are a bit thicker since we switched to Sekem from ISC. I think they start further up the armholes so they look "steeper".

Which era? I reckon Bennell. I really can't see it being Modra.

Boardshorts and high powered cars is Bennell all over and it was suggested that he could get away with a lot from Ross. Would certainly fit the culture that's been revealed during the last 5 years of Rosich and Lyon and the suggestions on why Neale was upset with the club.
2000's so can't be harley

Putting this here because I have no idea where else to post it.
I have watched our last two games live. I have watched the Lions game rerun. During and after yesterdays games, I commented to my mate. "For two weeks now, Darcy has fought tooth and nail to take front spot at EVERY boundary throw in". He agreed. Now I have not watched the rerun of yesterdays game, but while watching I noticed, Darcy held, arms around, mauled, wrestled, jumper pulled, arms held, cuddled, had his ears massaged. Everything a lover would do, except kiss him.
All this coming from playing front position as all good ruckmen should do. And the end result from two games not a single free kick.
Imagine it happening to Max Gawn!!! Imagine Darcy playing as a full forward. He would get at least ten frees a game. Well maybe be not , considering he wears a different colour guernsey.
I watched The Big Onions talking closely with the bald headed guy after the game. I hope he was asking what he was doing wrong.
I just hope the club, football department,ask serious questions to the AFL umpires as to why this happened.
Spot on
There were definitely a few there yesterday

It’s baffling how some games they get picked for ruck infringements but yesterday, Nothing .

At least they weren’t calling them at all for either team , is all you can ask for on game day

Who was this player? Sounds kinda cool

My colleague graciously indulged my question. He said there was a problem of culture and gave one example to illustrate it. One evening, the players were obliged to show up at the club for a meet-and-greet with a sponsor. It was an ordinary request and the conditions weren’t onerous: be punctual, be polite and wear the team’s casual polo shirt. And some pants – any pants.​
But on this one evening, a star player conspicuously defied all of these conditions. Arriving in a loud sports car, he announced his entrance with a burnout. Already late and arguably uncivil, the player emerged from his smoking chariot wearing boardies, thongs and a random T-shirt.​
The problem? That the star player went undisciplined. This, my colleague said, would not have been tolerated at the West Coast Eagles, where they had the institutional confidence – reinforced by success and a swollen membership – to assert the club’s integrity. Over there, he would’ve been fined and/or suspended.​
All i took from that was swollen membership

Who was this player? Sounds kinda cool

My colleague graciously indulged my question. He said there was a problem of culture and gave one example to illustrate it. One evening, the players were obliged to show up at the club for a meet-and-greet with a sponsor. It was an ordinary request and the conditions weren’t onerous: be punctual, be polite and wear the team’s casual polo shirt. And some pants – any pants.​
But on this one evening, a star player conspicuously defied all of these conditions. Arriving in a loud sports car, he announced his entrance with a burnout. Already late and arguably uncivil, the player emerged from his smoking chariot wearing boardies, thongs and a random T-shirt.​
The problem? That the star player went undisciplined. This, my colleague said, would not have been tolerated at the West Coast Eagles, where they had the institutional confidence – reinforced by success and a swollen membership – to assert the club’s integrity. Over there, he would’ve been fined and/or suspended.​
Was thinking Tarrant.

Which era? I reckon Bennell. I really can't see it being Modra.

Boardshorts and high powered cars is Bennell all over and it was suggested that he could get away with a lot from Ross. Would certainly fit the culture that's been revealed during the last 5 years of Rosich and Lyon and the suggestions on why Neale was upset with the club.

He wasn’t a Dockers ”Star” player.

Spot on
There were definitely a few there yesterday

It’s baffling how some games they get picked for ruck infringements but yesterday, Nothing .

At least they weren’t calling them at all for either team , is all you can ask for on game day

Sandi used to cop so much of it too. Yet, would get pinged if he fought back. No wonder he was a gentle giant

Sandi used to cop so much of it too. Yet, would get pinged if he fought back. No wonder he was a gentle giant
When Darcy first started they crucified the poor guy
It was ridiculous !

90% of the time there is equal amounts of holding and scragging in a ruck contest
Wish they would just let it go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting this here because I have no idea where else to post it.
I have watched our last two games live. I have watched the Lions game rerun. During and after yesterdays games, I commented to my mate. "For two weeks now, Darcy has fought tooth and nail to take front spot at EVERY boundary throw in". He agreed. Now I have not watched the rerun of yesterdays game, but while watching I noticed, Darcy held, arms around, mauled, wrestled, jumper pulled, arms held, cuddled, had his ears massaged. Everything a lover would do, except kiss him.
All this coming from playing front position as all good ruckmen should do. And the end result from two games not a single free kick.
Imagine it happening to Max Gawn!!! Imagine Darcy playing as a full forward. He would get at least ten frees a game. Well maybe be not , considering he wears a different colour guernsey.
I watched The Big Onions talking closely with the bald headed guy after the game. I hope he was asking what he was doing wrong.
I just hope the club, football department,ask serious questions to the AFL umpires as to why this happened.
He needs to shave his head and be Gawn or grow out and get dreadlocks and be Nicnat. No other way about it. Darcy gets shafted at every ruck contest then gets a free against for blocking, which becomes even more infuriating

He needs to shave his head and be Gawn or grow out and get dreadlocks and be Nicnat. No other way about it. Darcy gets shafted at every ruck contest then gets a free against for blocking, which becomes even more infuriating
“Thats Ruck craft big boy !”

Great line from big Maxxy 😁

Think it is more than a possibility, he is in Melbourne with wife and kids. Well deserved, I think some media are being quiet in respect for the great man.
Yeah, I listened to his bit on SEN Breakfast earlier and thought it was odd he was in Melbourne,

Didn't know the Hall of Fame was even on this week, until seeing AFL360, first year he is eligible so put two and two together and you'd have to think Its a formality.

The Great Man will always be my favourite player and will forever be a legend of the football club, just a shame he never got to lead the club to a flag (but he got close) as he bloody deserved it more than most (not that anyone 'deserves' to win) - Geez it would have been good to see him in his prime running out with the team now.

Although when we win the flag this year and he presents the cup to Fyfey and JLo, it'll still feel like he was apart of it :p

Anyway, I might be going a bit early on many fronts but I advance my Congratulations to Pav for forever being heralded as a great of the game, both on and off the field.

Yeah, I listened to his bit on SEN Breakfast earlier and thought it was odd he was in Melbourne,

Didn't know the Hall of Fame was even on this week, until seeing AFL360, first year he is eligible so put two and two together and you'd have to think Its a formality.

The Great Man will always be my favourite player and will forever be a legend of the football club, just a shame he never got to lead the club to a flag (but he got close) as he bloody deserved it more than most (not that anyone 'deserves' to win) - Geez it would have been good to see him in his prime running out with the team now.

Although when we win the flag this year and he presents the cup to Fyfey and JLo, it'll still feel like he was apart of it :p

Anyway, I might be going a bit early on many fronts but I advance my Congratulations to Pav for forever being heralded as a great of the game, both on and off the field.
When we play in another GF Pav will be the man to present to the cup if we win it. It will make me sad he never got to lift it himself. But at least he will be presenting our first flag.

Peter Bell was the one in 2013 if we won it I my memory was correct.

When we play in another GF Pav will be the man to present to the cup if we win it. It will make me sad he never got to lift it himself. But at least he will be presenting our first flag.

Peter Bell was the one in 2013 if we won it I my memory was correct.
I will be livid if they don't continue to pick him until we win one (if we make another GF and lose, god forbid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back