Miscellaneous Sports 2021 off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Team

After a good suggestion, we’ve decided to move all non-AFL threads to the old and dusty “Purple Horde” sub thread. The hope is it has the following effects
A) Keeps them easily available but still out of sight
B) Encourages the use of the sub-forums like they are meant to be used for and brings a bit more organisation to the forum
C) While I love how passionate everyone is on the topics and that there is terrific debate on the topics, moderating the politics thread can get... tiresome. I’ll be letting things go a bit more, however personal attacks will not be tolerated and I encourage you to report them in any shape or form.

As usual, reach out to BeinPurplenGreen, myself and Tonga Bob to discuss anything as needed. Thanks for making the forum what it is.

Last edited:
Whilst I hope you are right, Nesser and possibly Pattinson (when fit) could still be ahead of Richardson.

Yes they could be, especially Pattinson, but I think Langer will have Richo in there as soon as he possibly can. Richardson, in my view, offers Australia something a little different from Cummings and Hazlewood unlike Pattinson. Need a touch of variety especially if we dont have a leftie. I honestly think Richardson could have been more effective on this wicket than most of our bowlers.

Surely that’s the end of Tim Paine as captain, deplorable captaincy throughout.
Also Starc snd Lyon are finished
But no doubt langer will back them ala burns due to their elite honesty and good bloke credentials lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well sure we got humiliated at home by a B-tier side but at least we have such a nice and likeable national cricketing side, and isn't that what it's all about! :$
India are where we were 10-15 years ago where our 2nd 11 would beat all the other test teams.
Strangely their injuries kept them fresh & enthused & with nothing to lose. Hopefully it’s the shake up the team needs to sort out its batting & fast bowling options. Starc should not have played & the quick turn around of games meant there should have beena fresh quick bought in.

Can someone with more cricket experience and knowledge than me explain to me why batsmen in the BBL reach to hit a clear wide ball? I reckon from the games I’ve watched this year 75% result in a single so they miss out on the extra ball, and a lot have even resulted in no run!

Can someone with more cricket experience and knowledge than me explain to me why batsmen in the BBL reach to hit a clear wide ball? I reckon from the games I’ve watched this year 75% result in a single so they miss out on the extra ball, and a lot have even resulted in no run!

They're often just pre-empting their shots and are probably too far through to pull out.

Plus when you see a ball with some width your eyes light up thinking you can clear your arms and take a serious swing at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back