News Misogyny, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Misconduct in the Gaming Industry

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely not

Well I am leaning away from it being anything serious. Maybe he is leaving and going to the new streaming platform with Ninja and Shroud and Twitch found out.

His sponsors have slowly been returning to reinstate him.

Twitch has a history of poorly handling moderation. It’s probably not that serious they just suck.

Surely the fact that Twitch has banned his account and refunded all subs rules out that its a publicity stunt. What a fu** you to your fans.
I also can't imagine anyone being happy giving up that much income in the name of a prank.

For real though, I don't care for Doc but this sums it up for me here

Charlie (@MoistCr1TiKaL) Tweeted:
I’m so invested in this whole Dr Disrespect situation. This is the most intense cliffhanger I’ve ever seen and all the conspiracies are ******* wild

I read somewhere today that apparently he's not actually a real doctor?? Maybe that has something to do with the ban??

Umm me or dr disrespect?

I never understood the popularity of streaming. I just can't see the point of watching someone else play a game when you can use the time to play it yourself.

Though I do watch walkthrough videos on YouTube to help figure out getting past difficult parts of games. Not sure if that counts.

omfg I thought I was alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never understood the popularity of streaming. I just can't see the point of watching someone else play a game when you can use the time to play it yourself.
1) Its free.
2) I sometimes watch games as a kind of review
3) With the games I play most regularly (things like EU4, Rimworld and HOI4), all of which have a fair bit of strategy involved and lots of replay-ability, I learn heaps from watching good streamers who spend lots more time playing those games than I do.

Though I do watch walkthrough videos on YouTube to help figure out getting past difficult parts of games. Not sure if that counts.
It's like watching a sport you could or also play. You're interested in the subject, the commentator/player is hopefully entertaining and insightful, it piques your interest, it entices you to play as well. Also, background noise.

For me, it's ASMR for sleepytime.

Some of the most popular streamers are good looking women in their 20s. It's no surprise that socially awkward male gamers, many of whom are probably incels, would be drawn to watching attractive women stream their favourite games.

Either as a guide on how to get past a tricky part, or maybe interested in just the story of a game and not really caring to play it.

What's with Super smash brothers and all the peados?

Smash competitive scene has a very very very young fan base (like early to mid teens), and it turns out loads of top players use their fame to groom and take advantage of them then pay them to hush up

It's pretty ****ed up

Smash competitive scene has a very very very young fan base (like early to mid teens), and it turns out loads of top players use their fame to groom and take advantage of them then pay them to hush up

It's pretty f’ed up

*.... gaming version of the Catholic Church

Remove this Banner Ad

Back