Media Miss Represented

Remove this Banner Ad

From the discussion, yeah.
The Wonders rep is looking to play for a different team next season. The Wonders are not currently represented by the future interest of the Wonders. The committee has suggested the Wonders put someone forward so they have a voice in the room. The Wonders have chosen not to do that.

You have also contradicted yourself- first about Ding, and then about the rights of clubs.

It's only hypocritical because the people who are having the secret discussions...are the same people who had an issue with others secret discussions going on. If the talking is occurring there and not via official means then it's effectively excluding the Wonders (as the Wonders themselves have stated in this thread)

Which is not the same right as the other clubs are being granted

They aren't entitled to it.

Sorry, was intended as "Outcry over (the fear that) it would be pushed through"
What was the fear that it would be pushed through without a vote based on, given that the committee have been asked to vote on much lesser things (things which in past admin eras- wouldn't have even gone through the committee) ?

Why, you're lying again

Start a thread with the notion the wonders have been excluded from committee which is 100% wrong

You were the biggest asset in the serpents bid imo, but your lying to generate pity support on the board is massively undermining this.
No Ned. I haven't lied once.

If I was playing politics the smart thing to do would have been to stay quiet and find a way to take advantage of the situation.

If you read the words that I wrote and listened to the words I speak you would have a better understanding of what I'm saying.

There is no way anything I have done over the past week could have a negative impact on the expansion bids unless certain members of the voting secret sub-committee allowed their emotions to cloud their judgement. My work on the podcast and in the media recently is more than some clubs have contributed all season.

I should hope that this would be a major consideration when comes time to vote.

I haven't. Take your blinkers off and re-read the thread.
I have on both counts. And the funny thing is, you're actually more blinkered than me this time, as shown by your comments in our match thread for starters.

What was the fear that it would be pushed through without a vote based on, given that the committee have been asked to vote on much lesser things (things which in past admin eras- wouldn't have even gone through the committee) ?
There's a roughly 50 page thread where those involved in the committee went over this several times. In public too, you love that.

There's a roughly 50 page thread where those involved in the committee went over this several times. In public too, you love that.
Yep but just like the all SFA thread from last season- people talked around it without actually stating the specifics. And in the end when the facts actually came through - there was nothing to suggest that it would've passed without committee discussion (it was simply too soon). I am also skeptical that people didn't know before mang's thread. They were simply pretending not to know. I'm one of the least in the know people on this board and I knew....

No Ned. I haven't lied once.

If I was playing politics the smart thing to do would have been to stay quiet and find a way to take advantage of the situation.

If you read the words that I wrote and listened to the words I speak you would have a better understanding of what I'm saying.

There is no way anything I have done over the past week could have a negative impact on the expansion bids unless certain members of the voting secret sub-committee allowed their emotions to cloud their judgement. My work on the podcast and in the media recently is more than some clubs have contributed all season.

I should hope that this would be a major consideration when comes time to vote.

i can tell you that your actions over the past week have been a talking point in LG's. like it or not, you are the 2IC of the serpents and are seen as one of their mouthpieces.

Harvey Manfrenjensenden season is still going we really need you to focus on Sunday we have a big game for the current season

I'm averaging 40+ posts per week. I'm not sure what your angle here is mate. My commitment to the Demons has not wavered. This board isn't just about match threads

Read the damn thread or stop commenting. All you're doing is filling pages now.
As above, I have read it. Feel free to direct me to a post you think I might've missed.
You have had the same kind of dismissive response to U2 and others- just because we don't agree, doesn't mean we haven't read it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like what?

It's only hypocritical because the people who are having the secret discussions...are the same people who had an issue with others secret discussions going on. If the talking is occurring there and not via official means then it's effectively excluding the Wonders (as the Wonders themselves have stated in this thread)

You're tarring everybody with the same brush there.

And again, it's not committee discussion. Committee discussion will happen in the committee subforum when discussion is required, if either of these expansion teams submit a bid. We don't even have bids so how can we be operating in the shadows on an official basis? This place is reaching a whole new level of paranoia when people are being scrutinised just for conversing in private. It's akin to any other PM discussion at this stage.

i can tell you that your actions over the past week have been a talking point in LG's. like it or not, you are the 2IC of the serpents and are seen as one of their mouthpieces.
And unless people voting let emotions cloud their decisions my actions should have done nothing to harm expansion clubs bids.

Quite the opposite from my point of view

You're tarring everybody with the same brush there.

And again, it's not committee discussion. Committee discussion will happen in the committee subforum when discussion is required, if either of these expansion teams submit a bid. We don't even have bids so how can we be operating in the shadows on an official basis? This place is reaching a whole new level of paranoia when people are being scrutinised just for conversing in private. It's akin to any other PM discussion at this stage.

Typical boy's club response.

There is no bid submitted at this point so any discussion at this point is a generic discussion on expansion. As someone who has actually been through the process as a player with the Bears, I have an alternative perspective to offer.

Also, are the Swampies, Gumbies and Demons saying they're excluding SS, haydo and harvey from their discussions?

We have discussion, request was accepted to create stances; "I wish for this, this has been accepted, you are free to do as you wish". You are also not the only person to do things in this league, but unlike some of us it appears it needs to be done publicly.

As you also know, Baz is our Committee rep, so in physical vote capacity, there is no breakage despite co-captaincy model so haydo can focus when required and LG can assist where baz requests or required, despite perception issues.

Because of the bolded - it’s a perceived rather than real conflict of interest and at the end of the day , just as JWS should’ve been allowed to be our rep (as we wanted), Dingster should’ve been allowed to remain their rep . It‘s unfair for outside to assume /pretend to know a club‘s best interest . Best interest of the rest of the league - sure . But let’s not pretend that either decision was made for the Wonders’/Bears’ interests respectively as you implied in your previous post

Bolded two words for you.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Dingster is the rep listed for the Wonders, this has not changed for this season per Sab's admission. Committee made a request, (note: this can be refused) for change, be it physical or perceptive (eg: change your rep, don't be so obstinate). You then have a break in discussion where concurrently (note: happening at the same time, nothing has been removed) it is continued in an alternative space (PM). The conflict is Dingster is viewed as having interests concurrent to Wonders representation duties (involved in other bids process). 9 pages later: "what a travesty, things are closed, people are moving away, these toys need to be thrown all over the place".

This is "laundry". The Wonders largely know what they want, the Committee refuse to accept it at present outside of a voting capacity, this is Democracy, isn't it wonderful?

Wonders actually discuss what they want and what their identity is in this discussion, then sell that identity and you then have the potential to change perception and remove the fracture because you discuss with the Committee via Ding, who by his admission, knows things to the place where the conflict is. Instead, this is "Must. Be. Public" and you have 2 year olds.

I'm a Gumby though, so feel free to disregard, this is hilarious in its absurdity.

Are you in the LG U2 .....is Elton Johns Wig ?

That makes 3 of the Wonders LG voting on the future of the club, when they have vacated the house ......seems to me that any LG vote by the Wonders would be skewed .....and poor old Sab22 would be left to pick the pieces up
I am staying in the LG because there is still stuff to do this season, awards and such.

My priority is the Wonders until I leave the club. It's not really that hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back