Missing, Abducted or Murdered (including Manslaughter) of WA Women and Children & Teens of Australia & NZ

Remove this Banner Ad

zedx

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well done LAM! Great informative spread sheet. I had not heard of Veronica Lockyer. After reading up on her from Google, it made me really sad to think that in 20 years none of her family missed her and thus did not report her missing, all thinking some one else was in contact with her. Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way as I don't know the family situation, but it makes me wonder if she (Veronica) felt unimportant? Many families, unfortunately, are very disjointed for various reasons and this is how both adults and children fall between the cracks. Maybe I am overreacting as I haven't seen my daughter (who has issues and is not talking to me again) and granddaughter for just over a week and I'm worried sick and about to storm their house to make sure they are ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likeamystery

Team Captain
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Thank you all for the information. I've located a few more missing women and added them too.

I've been compiling the male's missing/murdered spreadsheet and there's such a lot. I'm surprized that more men have gone missing rather than actually found/located murdered.

A lot of those men have gone missing from the country regions, whilst along long-stretches of highway. Perhaps they were apprehended whilst pulled over to use the bush-toilet and forced to drive their own vehicle's elsewhere. I think in some instances two people might have been involved. Australia has such a large area of open-space, once a body is disposed a couple of metres off the roadside, the person probably wouldn't be located for years, because no one actually walks past.

Also, 3 missing persons have had their car left abandoned at the Perth airport. That would seem two people are involved in dropping off the vehicle because the perpetrator needs a lift home. There's no public transport at the airport and it's risky catching a taxi home.

The mind boggles but I'll keep working on the information and upload it as soon as it's completed.

Likeamystery

Team Captain
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Well done LAM! Great informative spread sheet. I had not heard of Veronica Lockyer. After reading up on her from Google, it made me really sad to think that in 20 years none of her family missed her and thus did not report her missing, all thinking some one else was in contact with her. Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way as I don't know the family situation, but it makes me wonder if she (Veronica) felt unimportant? Many families, unfortunately, are very disjointed for various reasons and this is how both adults and children fall between the cracks. Maybe I am overreacting as I haven't seen my daughter (who has issues and is not talking to me again) and granddaughter for just over a week and I'm worried sick and about to storm their house to make sure they are ok.
My friend once told me, if your daughter ever avoids you, make sure you ignore her - don't phone or visit etc. When she visits you, don't ask how she is and make out you're not really interested. People hate being ignored.

My friend said, You don't have to be nasty, just step back for a while. It seems to work.

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
good work LAM, and thanks for the tag. will be interested to see the male version of the spread sheet, no doubt its a bit more populated. Im inclined to believe there would be a number of suicides in the regional missing males. unfortunately as you say we have a large amount of country side, so bodies can be undiscovered for long periods of time.

Likeamystery

Team Captain
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
good work LAM, and thanks for the tag. will be interested to see the male version of the spread sheet, no doubt its a bit more populated. Im inclined to believe there would be a number of suicides in the regional missing males. unfortunately as you say we have a large amount of country side, so bodies can be undiscovered for long periods of time.
Some of the missing males might be due to hitchhiking along deserted roads throughout long distances. It's possible some men are likely to dismiss the idea of becoming a victim. A lot of victims have driven somewhere remote and gone missing, which doesn't explain what happened to their vehicle. Not even a burnt out vehicle has turned up. Makes me wonder if the victim and their vehicle is taken back to someone's shed.

Once people go missing the police perform a considerable search such as aerial surveillance etc. They discovered Raymond Kehlet down a mineshaft which was one of hundreds. Imagine the resources needed for someone to clamber down to have a look.

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Some of the missing males might be due to hitchhiking along deserted roads throughout long distances. It's possible some men are likely to dismiss the idea of becoming a victim. A lot of victims have driven somewhere remote and gone missing, which doesn't explain what happened to their vehicle. Not even a burnt out vehicle has turned up. Makes me wonder if the victim and their vehicle is taken back to someone's shed.

Once people go missing the police perform a considerable search such as aerial surveillance etc. They discovered Raymond Kehlet down a mineshaft which was one of hundreds. Imagine the resources needed for someone to clamber down to have a look.
for sure there is a lot of effort put into searches, with a lot more resources required in covering vast distances. my thinking is more along the lines of male suicide rates are higher in the country, males in the country usually have higher rates of depression, and there are larger amounts of space where a suicide victim can go undiscovered. im not suggesting all the missing people are suicides, but there is possibly some amongst them. its also quite possible that the potential victim mentality is lower in the country, with most people knowing one another, and thus being more trusting. bodies could be anywhere, with vehicles and belongings easily hidden.

Girlnextdoor

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Bless your heart Zedx, I hear ya and totally understand your situation. Hope your daughter contacts you soon and you see your granddaughter again. 💓

Likeamystery

Team Captain
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The West Australian. Friday 15th March 2019.
View attachment 882828View attachment 882829
Alvin Gidgup (age 32) was reported missing on the same day as Veronica and baby Adell - Sun 1 November 1998.

Mr Alvin Gidgup, also known as Alvin Hart hasn’t been seen by family since Sept 1998. Although Mr Gidgup has a history of solidarity and of no fixed address he was known to travel between the NT and WA. In early Nov 1998 he was last seen sitting in Weld Square Park Perth (Cnr Beaufort & Newcastle Sts).CS

Last edited:

zedx

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

'Cold Case Homicide Squad detectives are searching bushland in Perth’s north for clues into the disappearance of 14-year-old Radina Djuki, a North Beach teenager who went missing more than 20 years ago.

Police were today seen combing through bushland along Old Yanchep Road.........'

Top Bottom