Missing, Abducted or Murdered (including Manslaughter) of WA Women, Men and Children & Teens of Australia & NZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Deni,
How interesting, do you know what type of vehicle they drove?

Added: One of the suspected victims named Barbara Western was known to drink at Irene's Park Tavern. You might remember that was the Tavern on Albany Hwy with brown bricks near to Hillview Terrace.
David had a yellow panel van and if memory serves she had a white holden sedan, but don't quote me on that.
Funny thing was though, after they were arrested and tucked away in prison I was at a house in Vic Park. I decided to walk home, being a bit pissy I was all gung ho back then, and besides, it was late afternoon so I felt safe.
I popped into a shop on the way home, I think it was next door to a compound bow shop, there was a double phone box out the front and I noticed a young guy pop into the one next to me, he'd just been into the shop as well...
When I left the phone box I started walking home and I noticed he got into a yellow panel van, but a small one, not big like Davids was.
He was following me slowly, which was a bit weird, then he called out asking if I wanted a lift. Anyway to make a long story short I ran into someones garden and knocked on their door explaining what was happening, as luck would have it the lovely elder lady that lived there gave me a lift home..
I never saw the man again, but it was the yellow panel van that got me. I knew David was in prison but him and Katherine had a helper in some of their crimes and I wondered if it was him, but I think he was in prison too at that time.
I guess i'll never know..

And the more I think, the more I remember Irene's Tavern, I didn't frequent there though..
Do you remember Kerry Turner, she was taken from Vic Park, directly on Albany Hwy I think, I sometimes wonder if she was a Claremont killers victim.

so sorry to hear you were in such an awful situation to realize your pals were horrible murders!! It must have been shocking. But its often the case that these people blend into society and no one has any inkling of what they have to been up to! Just look at the Claremont Serial Killer, he was a pillar of the community, volunteering at the local kids athletics club, awarded for his volunteering with a big pic in the paper of him receiving the award!! He held a reputable job, dealing with the public and was even promoted shortly after one of his first know assaults!! He was leading quite a public life but not one person ( that we so far know of) suspected he was a serial killer!!!!!
Thank you Zedx..
You know what gets me about the Claremont serial killer and others, I have seen hundreds of people saying: "But he doesn't look like a serial killer"
Why do people say that s***, who actually looks like a serial killer ffs lol

David had a yellow panel van and if memory serves she had a white holden sedan, but don't quote me on that.
Funny thing was though, after they were arrested and tucked away in prison I was at a house in Vic Park. I decided to walk home, being a bit pissy I was all gung ho back then, and besides, it was late afternoon so I felt safe.
I popped into a shop on the way home, I think it was next door to a compound bow shop, there was a double phone box out the front and I noticed a young guy pop into the one next to me, he'd just been into the shop as well...
When I left the phone box I started walking home and I noticed he got into a yellow panel van, but a small one, not big like Davids was.
He was following me slowly, which was a bit weird, then he called out asking if I wanted a lift. Anyway to make a long story short I ran into someones garden and knocked on their door explaining what was happening, as luck would have it the lovely elder lady that lived there gave me a lift home..
I never saw the man again, but it was the yellow panel van that got me. I knew David was in prison but him and Katherine had a helper in some of their crimes and I wondered if it was him, but I think he was in prison too at that time.
I guess i'll never know..

And the more I think, the more I remember Irene's Tavern, I didn't frequent there though..
Do you remember Kerry Turner, she was taken from Vic Park, directly on Albany Hwy I think, I sometimes wonder if she was a Claremont killers victim.
From what I've read David Birnie drove a yellow sandman panel van. At the time of Kerry Turner's disappearance I remember it being in the media, but didn't hear about it again for many years. Kerry was mentioned again, once the Claremont Serial Killings were discussed.

There was another lady who went missing in Dec 1977, named Lorraine Kessey who lived in Maddington. I didn't know Lorraine but knew that she'd lived in Maddington and had gone missing whilst hitchhiking. About six-months after Lorraine went missing, my friend urged me to meet her new boyfriend. We were about 16 and caught a bus out to a house in Maddington, I can't remember which street it was. It was a shared house and my friend liked the bikie who lived there - I think his nickname was Slim. Whilst they were in the bedroom I sat watching TV and chatted with a young lady who lived in the house. I got fed up with waiting and decided to go home - it was in the afternoon. The lady I'd been talking too started to really panic and urged me not to hitchhike home, I had to really convince her I fully intended catching the bus along the Albany Hwy. Apparently, that was the house where Lorraine Kessey had lived. Back then, Perth had such a small population- everyone seemed to know everyone.

Miss Lorraine Kessey lived at Maddington within a shared home. Information received via public appeal - Miss Kessey was last seen near Carousel Shopping Centre on Albany Hwy, Cannington. With intentions of returning home to Maddington, unfortunately Ms Kessey failed to arrive and was reported as a missing person.CS

Last edited:

Thank you Zedx..
You know what gets me about the Claremont serial killer and others, I have seen hundreds of people saying: "But he doesn't look like a serial killer"
Why do people say that s***, who actually looks like a serial killer ffs lol
Yes, I agree there’s no particular serial killer look. Take for example, Christopher Worrell who was such a nice looking man, he would have been able to lure lots of women. He was the Truro serial killer responsible for the South Australian murders in late 1976 to Feb 77. His accomplice was James Miller – they were an item at one stage and prior to the murders had met in jail and once shared a cell. Worrell died in a car crash on 19 Feb 1977. The killings were over 8 weeks (23 Dec 76 to 12 Feb 77). A couple of years later, people mushrooming etc, started to locate bones in the Mt Lofty Ranges area – 7 victims.

The one question that broke the Truro murders case | The ... (adelaidenow.com.au)

Attachments

• 1606957607540.png
    1606957607540.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Yes, I agree there’s no particular serial killer look. Take for example, Christopher Worrell who was such a nice looking man, he would have been able to lure lots of woman. He was the Truro serial killer responsible for the South Australian murders in late 1976 to Feb 77. His accomplice was James Miller – they were an item at one stage and prior to the murders had met in jail and once shared a cell. Worrell died in a car crash on 19 Feb 1977. The killings were over 8 weeks (23 Dec 76 to 12 Feb 77). A couple of years later, people mushrooming etc, started to locate bones in the Mt Lofty Ranges area – 7 victims.
I know all about the Truro murders, Deborah Lamb went to the same school as me, but she got pregnant and had to leave. She was buried alive!!
When that was all going down I had a boyfriend in Glenelg, at that stage I was living in Elizabeth, in late December i'd been to see him and left just before it got dark. I was at the end of Hindley St, if memory serves it was Hindley. I was the only person there standing at a bus stop to take me home to Elizabeth. Then suddenly this station wagon rocked up, there was an old man, or old to me, in the back seat and the driver jumped out came around to me and asked if I wanted a lift, in my teenage brain I thought he was divine, long dark hair and such a 'pretty' face.
I declined but he tried to talk me into it, just when I was about to give in my bus came over the small rise. The guy from the car jumped back in and took off and I got on the bus..
Years later I saw his face again, this time splashed on the front page of the newspaper, it was Christopher Worrell with James Miller in the back that day..Which was unusual because James usually drove and Chris would sit next to him or in the back..
I called someone about my interaction with him but they said it wasn't needed, that James couldn't worm his way out of this.

From what I've read David Birnie drove a yellow sandman panel van. At the time of Kerry Turner's disappearance I remember it being in the media, but didn't hear about it again for many years. Kerry was mentioned again, once the Claremont Serial Killings were discussed.
The last car Kerry Turner was seen next to was a Datsun, or one of those small cars. It was the identical car that my girlfriend drove and she'd lent it out to her stepfather that night while her and I went out for a night on the town.

The last car Kerry Turner was seen next to was a Datsun, or one of those small cars. It was the identical car that my girlfriend drove and she'd lent it out to her stepfather that night while her and I went out for a night on the town.
Does your friend's stepfather have a convicted criminal history?

Last edited:
Does your stepfather have a convicted criminal history?
It was my friends stepfather and he'd spent years in Yatala, then he found my friends mum in Perth and they would write to each other. As soon as he was released he went straight to Perth and lived together until he died at the beginning of this year...
The man was a mean nasty pig!!

Has anyone mentioned Jaidyn Leskie?
He was a little over one when he died, Greg Domaszewicz, Jaidyn's mothers boyfriend, was arrested for his murder but was found not guilty.
Jaidyn was born in late April 1996 and died in mid June 1997, his body was found on the 1 January 1998.
His body had been preserved by the cold waters of the Blue Rock Dam through winter. The clothing he was wearing was subject to a DNA test in an effort to solve the crime.
The many twists in this bizarre story, the pigs head found at the property, Jaidyns mother on a night out while Greg babysat got a phone call from him, or she called him, I can't quite remember, but Greg told her that Jaidyn has had an accident and got burnt. Now as many of us are parents, what is the first thing you would do when you heard that?
You would immediately leave the club and go straight home, or to the hospital, but not Bilynda, his mother, Greg had managed to persuade her to stay at the club and have a good time, I would have none of that, I would have gone home anyway..

The problem here is that the police only had one suspect, Greg Domaszewicz, and because he was found not guilty, he can't legally be tried twice!!
I don't know what the jury saw to find him not guilty, but because they did this case is still open, yet ivé not heard of one single police officer still looking into it, so either Greg got away with murder, or someone else did, there was no inquest for the poor little tot. They just shook hands then put it into the too hard basket...

Does anyone else remember this and if so, who do you think did it?

I know all about the Truro murders, Deborah Lamb went to the same school as me, but she got pregnant and had to leave. She was buried alive!!
When that was all going down I had a boyfriend in Glenelg, at that stage I was living in Elizabeth, in late December i'd been to see him and left just before it got dark. I was at the end of Hindley St, if memory serves it was Hindley. I was the only person there standing at a bus stop to take me home to Elizabeth. Then suddenly this station wagon rocked up, there was an old man, or old to me, in the back seat and the driver jumped out came around to me and asked if I wanted a lift, in my teenage brain I thought he was divine, long dark hair and such a 'pretty' face.
I declined but he tried to talk me into it, just when I was about to give in my bus came over the small rise. The guy from the car jumped back in and took off and I got on the bus..
Years later I saw his face again, this time splashed on the front page of the newspaper, it was Christopher Worrell with James Miller in the back that day..Which was unusual because James usually drove and Chris would sit next to him or in the back..
I called someone about my interaction with him but they said it wasn't needed, that James couldn't worm his way out of this.
Deni,

It's so sad for the victims and much worse what they did to Deborah.

That was a mighty "Big Brush" you had with that pair of serial killers, thank goodness the bus came along when it did! Yikes, yikes, yikes!

When Worrell was trying to convince you can you remember getting a strange feeling something was wrong - like a gut instinct?

This was the Valiant station wagon Worrell was killed in. The killings stopped after that car crash. Reminds me of the saying "a blessing in disguise". The fact he died in the car crash was certainly a blessing in disguise.

The murder spree was over 8 weeks, which is similar to the Birnies. That's about one murder a week.

1606974961379.png

The Truro murders – EXPLICIT CONTENT | Daily Telegraph

He was a little over one when he died, Greg Domaszewicz, Jaidyn's mothers boyfriend, was arrested for his murder but was found not guilty.
Jaidyn was born in late April 1996 and died in mid June 1997, his body was found on the 1 January 1998.
His body had been preserved by the cold waters of the Blue Rock Dam through winter. The clothing he was wearing was subject to a DNA test in an effort to solve the crime.
The many twists in this bizarre story, the pigs head found at the property, Jaidyns mother on a night out while Greg babysat got a phone call from him, or she called him, I can't quite remember, but Greg told her that Jaidyn has had an accident and got burnt. Now as many of us are parents, what is the first thing you would do when you heard that?
You would immediately leave the club and go straight home, or to the hospital, but not Bilynda, his mother, Greg had managed to persuade her to stay at the club and have a good time, I would have none of that, I would have gone home anyway..

The problem here is that the police only had one suspect, Greg Domaszewicz, and because he was found not guilty, he can't legally be tried twice!!
I don't know what the jury saw to find him not guilty, but because they did this case is still open, yet ivé not heard of one single police officer still looking into it, so either Greg got away with murder, or someone else did, there was no inquest for the poor little tot. They just shook hands then put it into the too hard basket...

It was in the media quite a lot, and they kept showing a blonde woman, not Jaidyn's mother. I think the blonde woman was an ex-girlfriend of someone who knew them. She acted quite strangely. Given that a darling little boy was killed, the emotions of the people involved seemed very strange. I don't mean Jaidyn's mother was strange.

It was in the media quite a lot, and they kept showing a blonde woman, not Jaidyn's mother. I think the blonde woman was an ex-girlfriend of someone who knew them. She acted quite strangely. Given that a darling little boy was killed, the emotions of the people involved seemed very strange. I don't mean Jaidyn's mother was strange.
I even think Jaidyns mother was strange in the weeks after.
But my point was that after Greg got found not guilty the whole case was dropped, the police weren't looking for a new suspect and everyone stopped talking about it..

Deni,

It's so sad for the victims and much worse what they did to Deborah.

That was a mighty "Big Brush" you had with that pair of serial killers, thank goodness the bus came along when it did! Yikes, yikes, yikes!

When Worrell was trying to convince you can you remember getting a strange feeling something was wrong - like a gut instinct?

This was the Valiant station wagon Worrell was killed in. The killings stopped after that car crash. Reminds me of the saying "a blessing in disguise". The fact he died in the car crash was certainly a blessing in disguise.

The murder spree was over 8 weeks, which is similar to the Birnies. That's about one murder a week.

View attachment 1022186

The Truro murders – EXPLICIT CONTENT | Daily Telegraph
He leaned on his car and spoke to me, then he walked towards me and I did feel a bit funny and backed off then turned to see the bus coming.
But he was mesmerizing, so if that bus hadn't come along I might have willingly got into the car with him, especially because he mentioned his 'dad' in the back seat..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I even think Jaidyns mother was strange in the weeks after.
But my point was that after Greg got found not guilty the whole case was dropped, the police weren't looking for a new suspect and everyone stopped talking about it..
Yes the whole case was very strange. I suppose the police can't do much more, they'd have a good idea who had done it, but just couldn't prove it.

this is a truly bizarre case. So many strange things going on, so many love triangles happening. I always felt like every one involved was holding something back, that there was something every one knew but weren't saying. I don't know if it was about Jaidyn or something else. But there was something else going on. I've always felt GD accidentally killed Jaidyn and thats why he told so many lies on the night about Jaiden being in hospital.

Justyna Koziol went missing in 2014, last seen at 7.00am leaving the Tradewinds Apartments in Denham WA. Lisa Govan was last seen in the morning near a bottle shop in Kalgoorlie.

Justyna is 24yo, described as having a slim build, of average height with blue eyes. Then the Crimestoppers article says there are concerns for her welfare given her state of mind at the time and that she has a mental illness for which she requires medication. I'm not real impressed with that given a mental illness can be a mild case of depression that afflicts one in four it's so common.

Below are murders between 1977 and 1980 - during 1979 and 1980 five females (aged 12 to 22) and another aged 26. It would seem WA had a serial killer then too. For those external to Perth, indicated in purple are areas in Perth's south.

Interesting suggestion but can we link the murders via anything but location/date?

Felicia Wilson was on her way home from work when she was confronted by an attacker and ran into nearby scrub where she was killed. It was a frenzied attack with the killer cutting her and her clothes with a knife before killing her with a limestone boulder. The killer apparently tripped and hit his head as well as a witness saw him limping, very dirty and clutching his head. Was noted as a very brazen attack occurring in broad daylight unlike many other crimes. However one factor is an Aboriginal tracker found evidence a jogger caught the killer in the act and noped out fast - could this be a factor in having the killer move to more cautious methods in future if he is a serial killer?

Cheryl Hawking is an interesting one. Biggest problem is Haig is a railway town servicing the Trans-Australian Railway in what is, quite literally, the middle of nowhere. While it sounds sinister I'm not even 100% certain she was murdered. Walking alone even just around the edge of a small railway town in the middle of the desert, it wouldn't take much to have a bad fall or something and be unable to move to get help. Without water, if a search party didn't look in the right spot you could easily succumb to the elements and have animals and the environment scatter your remains before they could be found.
If she was murdered, it's a railway town. You had the weekly Tea & Sugar supply train, fettlers, train crews and other support workers who would be coming and going regularly. It would be super easy to murder someone, go a tiny way out of town and leave the body and be gone on a train out of there. If she was murdered I think it's unlikely to be a Perth/SW-based serial killer.

Kerryn Tate is a possibility. She was housesitting in Karragullen and her body was found not too far from there. She almost certainly hitchhiked back to said house and was picked up by a shady character who murdered her instead. Cause of death was being beaten around the head with a lump of wood, which is admittedly very similar to Felicia Wilson as her killer grabbed a nearby boulder. Eerie similarity there in that both murders involved the same injury inflicted with a heavy object the killer found at the scene. However I dunno if I'd link them as Kerryn was hitchhiking, Felicia wasn't although as I said it could be an MO change after he was interrupted the first time.

Pauline Walter is another maybe. CS says her parents received a postcard marked 3 weeks after she disappeared but it doesn't say if it was ever confirmed to be her but it sounds genuine. Says she was fond of hitchhiking so it sounds like it could be a repeat of Kerryn Tate. MO is the same, south-eastern location is the same, the only thing we don't know is Pauline's cause of death. If it was a skull fracture I'd be very tempted to link Tate and Walter.

The Annette Deverell podcast revealed two key pieces of info about her case. Firstly, that locals have their suspicions who did it and all names supposedly knew Annette. Secondly, the panel van was a massive red herring. I mention this because the Lisa Mott/Annette Deverell murders were commonly linked cause of panel vans. All indications are the killer(s) are Mandurah residents who knew Annette so I don't think she fell prey to a serial killer.

Lisa Mott is another one I'd add to the potentials list if we're looking at a serial killer. Trouble is lack of details in this case that we'd get from finding her remains make it difficult to tie in to other crimes. The Deverell link was a possibility until the panel van was ruled out in that case.

So I really don't know. We definitely could have an unidentified serial killer around here but I don't think he's responsible for all the deaths

Also while I was looking up info for my last post, I found this page on Felicia Wilson which mentions a schoolgirl called Gina Merrifield was found murdered in the same laneway in Kwinana in 1972
Good spotting SquiffyRae,
I've looked up the cemetery record for Gina Merrifield and she was only 14. The date of death states 24 Feb 1972. Felicia aged 19 was killed in Jan 1979, that's a fair amount of time afterwards. It would seem the same person might have been responsible for both. I wonder if the person had spent some time in prison, or was working somewhere else between 1972 and 1979. There were quite a women killed in 1979 to 1980, and stopped after Lisa Mott.

Justyna Koziol went missing in 2014, last seen at 7.00am leaving the Tradewinds Apartments in Denham WA. Lisa Govan was last seen in the morning near a bottle shop in Kalgoorlie.

Justyna is 24yo, described as having a slim build, of average height with blue eyes. Then the Crimestoppers article says there are concerns for her welfare given her state of mind at the time and that she has a mental illness for which she requires medication. I'm not real impressed with that given a mental illness can be a mild case of depression that afflicts one in four it's so common.
Good pick up about the times. Perhaps there was a person performing alcohol deliveries, to the hotels.

I was thinking about Justyna, given the location, perhaps went for a swim. I'm not sure if there are any life guards up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back