Missing, Abducted or Murdered (including Manslaughter) of WA Women, Men and Children & Teens of Australia & NZ

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm aware that Ngala in Bentley was a place who would house unmarried mothers in the late sixties. One lady I know was taken to King Edward Memorial hospital in the middle of the night and gave birth, the baby was taken soon after. Another lady I know was adopted through Ngala. Her mother had stayed at Ngala. The daughter has a birth certificate but it's not the original one, she's not allowed to have it. Any woman who was unmarried in the sixties or beforehand would have found it very difficult, unless someone like a grandparent took them on.
Wasn't Sister Kates in Queens Park much the same as Ngala?
My kids went to the school across the road from it, Queens park primary, and a lot of the children from there went to the school..

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn't Sister Kates in Queens Park much the same as Ngala?
My kids went to the school across the road from it, Queens park primary, and a lot of the children from there went to the school..
My mother-in-law grew up in Queens Park and she has spoken about Aboriginal children living there - like a foster care home. Nowadays, it's used as an aged care home.

The Home was funded by the Aborigines Department to house 'fair skinned' Aboriginal children and during World War II the children at the Home were evacuated to Greenbushes Hostel and Memorial Cottage Roleystone. From 1935 it was run by non-denominational management committees and from 1955 by the Presbyterian Church. In 1947, Kenwick Farm was established as a branch of the Home. In 1980, Sister Kate's amalgamated with the Methodist Training Centre at Mogumber and became Sister Kate's Child and Family Services.

Hundreds of children without families came and went; some have been reunited with their families but for many, the fellow children at Sister Kate's became their family and to this day still consider each and every one of them brothers and sisters. An image below shows Sister Kate and a group of the most beautiful children.
Sister Kate's Children's Cottage Home - Summary | Find & Connect (findandconnect.gov.au)
Nostalgia hits former residents of Sister Kate's (watoday.com.au)
sister-kate.jpg (558×425) (clan.org.au)

Last edited:

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
My mother-in-law grew up in Queens Park and she has spoken about Aboriginal children living there - like a foster care home. Nowadays, it's used as an aged care home.
That's wonderful, many a child from there would come to my house after school to play with my daughter. My girl was an old soul, she always hung around with the children that didn't seem to have much in life or have many friends. I basically lived at the school while my children went there, did canteen work, on the parents committee etc...
Your mother-in-laws name didn't happen to be phyllis did it? A long shot I know...

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
If anyone's interested, here's my story. My husband and I have been together since 1980. Our daughter was young when she had two children and wasn't able to manage them so we took them on – aged two & four. At the time, she was pregnant, so we eventually fostered her youngest one as well – aged 1 month. I was in my late forties back then, and performed the task. Each day, I made up a batch of about 8 bottles, and every time the baby cried one of us simply heated a bottle and gave it to the baby. The baby was quite forward with regard to walking, talking etc. Both my husband’s family and my family were very supportive regarding the matter and the children called them nan and pop etc. They call their great uncles and aunts - auntie and uncle. The children have been included into both families. This year all three are at high school – the oldest one in the senior year.

My husband and I have always been family orientated, worked hard and concentrated on our own family. We stepped up and welcomed the three offspring into our home and just got on with it, without any complaints. The welfare is involved and we comply and assist with all requests - no carping or moaning. There are two fathers of the three children and their spouses and parents want nothing to do with the older two. For a long time, I didn’t understand why, but I do now – we must learn to accept and understand that some people are just self-centred and simple-minded.

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
That's wonderful, many a child from there would come to my house after school to play with my daughter. My girl was an old soul, she always hung around with the children that didn't seem to have much in life or have many friends. I basically lived at the school while my children went there, did canteen work, on the parents committee etc...
Your mother-in-laws name didn't happen to be phyllis did it? A long shot I know...
No, she's not named Phillis.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
If anyone's interested, here's my story. My husband and I have been together since 1980. Our daughter was young when she had two children and wasn't able to manage them so we took them on – aged two & four. At the time, she was pregnant, so we eventually fostered her youngest one as well – aged 1 month. I was in my late forties back then, and performed the task. Each day, I made up a batch of about 8 bottles, and every time the baby cried one of us simply heated a bottle and gave it to the baby. The baby was quite forward with regard to walking, talking etc. Both my husband’s family and my family were very supportive regarding the matter and the children called them nan and pop etc. They call their great uncles and aunts - auntie and uncle. The children have been included into both families. This year all three are at high school – the oldest one in the senior year.

My husband and I have always been family orientated, worked hard and concentrated on our own family. We stepped up and welcomed the three offspring into our home and just got on with it, without any complaints. The welfare is involved and we comply and assist with all requests - no carping or moaning. There are two fathers of the three children and their spouses and parents want nothing to do with the older two. For a long time, I didn’t understand why, but I do now – we must learn to accept and understand that some people are just self-centred and simple-minded.
WOW your certainly a legend taking on three young ones! Good on you and your wonderful supportive husband and extended family. Your right, no point in moaning, you just have to get on with it. By the sounds of things you may just be lucky the fathers don't want to participate in young ones lives, as it sounds like they may have been more of a hindrance than a help, though it is sad for the children xx

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
'Detectives are investigating the discovery of what’s believed to be human remains at a national park east of Perth.
Police have confirmed that the grim discovery was made on Monday afternoon at a dam within John Forrest National Park in Hovea, about 35km east of Perth.
“Just after 12.35pm...police were called to Glenbrook Dam, Hovea after what is believed to be human remains were located,” a police statement read.
“Investigations are ongoing.”
It’s understood police divers have been called in to help with the inquiry, and that homicide squad detectives are at the scene.
There is no further information at this stage as to the possible age and gender of the human remains.'

Sarah Spiers?

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Police have confirmed that the grim discovery was made on Monday afternoon at a dam within John Forrest National Park in Hovea, about 35km east of Perth.
“Just after 12.35pm...police were called to Glenbrook Dam, Hovea after what is believed to be human remains were located,

A 70km round trip from Claremont to Huntingdale via Glen Brook Dam.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.20.15 pm.png

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

Human remains could = human bones
With police divers called in, that could be to look for evidence (weapons, ties,) or artefacts related to the deceased (clothing, shoes, jewelry, bag).
The human remains might not have even been found in the water. Possibly near the water.
But they might be looking for any evidence and artefacts that could have been dumped nearby in the dam itself.

Wombot

Senior List
Mar 3, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Human remains could = human bones
With police divers called in, that could be to look for evidence (weapons, ties,) or artefacts related to the deceased (clothing, shoes, jewelry, bag).
The human remains might not have even been found in the water. Possibly near the water.
But they might be looking for any evidence and artefacts that could have been dumped nearby in the dam itself.
Seven News is reporting that the body was found in a wheelie bin.

I don’t know the area well. Does it sound like the kind of place that such an item could be left undiscovered for 25 years?

I guess it’s another case.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I don’t know the area well. Does it sound like the kind of place that such an item could be left undiscovered for 25 years?
Unless the bin ended up in the damn recently, but the human remains are much older, possibly transferred to the bin more recently before the bin was put in the Dam.

Dec 3, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
At a good guess the remains might be Sarah McMahon whom I met as i said many years ago.I have looked around that dam for her. But then again they could be SS on the obh to Claremont pub, to Parkerville line. Oh on a side note, yesterday I hiked into the Spectacles wetlands & took 4 pics of what I think might be Bre's 4 rusted top stubbies.Still with beer in them. I hope to post the pics tomorrow.

the dark knight

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
'Detectives are investigating the discovery of what’s believed to be human remains at a national park east of Perth.
“Just after 12.35pm...police were called to Glenbrook Dam, Hovea after what is believed to be human remains were located,” a police statement read.
“Investigations are ongoing.”
It’s understood police divers have been called in to help with the inquiry, and that homicide squad detectives are at the scene.
There is no further information at this stage as to the possible age and gender of the human remains.'

Sarah Spiers?
Thanks for the article.

I said a while back that I believe SS is out in that area. Either JFNP or one of the neighbouring parks or reserves. JFNP is my number 1 suspicion tho. I hope who ever it is, Their family gets closure.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
The West Australian newspaper is now reporting that a group of teenagers found the wheelie bin in Glenbrook Dam (the latest article is paywalled).

WAtoday reports that a murder investigation has been launched, and that the wheelie bin was 'floating'

'Glen Brook Dam can be accessed by a trail leaving from a picnic area near Park Road.'

The West Australian newspaper is now reporting that a group of teenagers found the wheelie bin in Glenbrook Dam (the latest article is paywalled).

WAtoday reports that a murder investigation has been launched, and that the wheelie bin was 'floating'

'Glen Brook Dam can be accessed by a trail leaving from a picnic area near Park Road.'

It might be a recent dump?

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Police have found human remains floating in Glen Brook Dam. Members of the public noticed a bad smell, then saw part of a human limb protruding from inside a wheelie bin floating in the water... the body wrapped in pink plastic.

There's a good close up pic of WAPOL removing the bin from the water on the front page tomorrow's West Australian Newspaper,
which I've posted here in the Missing, Abducted or Murdered (including Manslaughter) of WA Women, Men and Children & Teens of Australia & NZ thread

Back