Missing Backpacker in Croatia

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who are saying she is promiscuous, she quite possibly is, but I doubt she was when she was in Croatia, she had a boyfriend. :confused:

Regardless, it's all in pretty piss-poor taste IMHO ...
How would you feel if Britt was your daughter, sister, GF or friend etc ???

She had her whole life ahead of her, but now it's been extinguished at age 21
Surely she and her family deserve some respect and none of these crass comments or gossip bullshit from morons who think it's okay to talk about a young dead woman whom they have never known or met, just hearing crap from the online gossip central rumour mill.

Your an a-grade tosser of the highest order ...

Why should we feel any sympathy for an convicted drug dealer who was executed legally in Singapore ..

You have NFI of what their family has gone through, the body has been idenfied by DNA, and gee whiz, your coomments are disrespectful, insulting and shows a distinct lack of class ..

The poor young woman is dead, let her rest in peace ..
you are an a-grade tosser if you believe that truong van nguyen deserved to be executed. there's a lot of hypocrisy out there making brit an angel after this country has had 4 solid years of laughing at the corby's.

you are an a-grade tosser if you believe that truong van nguyen deserved to be executed. there's a lot of hypocrisy out there making brit an angel after this country has had 4 solid years of laughing at the corby's.

Why didnt he deserve to be executed? That was the law of the country in which he was caught red-handed.

What I found remarkable about the whole Nguyen story was how the media made it out like it was his first and only time he had smuggled drugs in a noble attempt to help his brother. First time he got caught I reckon.

His mother was very humble and did deserve our symathies, but not her sons. No way!

Why didnt he deserve to be executed? That was the law of the country in which he was caught red-handed.

What I found remarkable about the whole Nguyen story was how the media made it out like it was his first and only time he had smuggled drugs in a noble attempt to help his brother. First time he got caught I reckon.

His mother was very humble and did deserve our symathies, but not her sons. No way!

Obviously he deserved to get executed, but its a fair load of horseshit that the Corby's got so much more attention and sympathy than he did.

It's all down to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

A very sad ending with confirmation from Croatia that the news is Britt. Her parents have indicated they want another autopsy done in Australia when they bring her home for final confirmation that it is indeed her.

RIP Britt, my thoughts to her family and friends.

I am very concerned with this "confirmation" of the body...

All along the police were saying it wasn't Britt, as the body had been in the water too long and was way too decomposed to be her..

Now it IS her.....I also heard (only the once tho) that it was body parts they found..

As a parent I would need to have an independent DNA test done....just for peace of mind.....the doubts are enormous IMO..

I feel so sad for her family...a terrible tragedy

All along the police were saying it wasn't Britt, as the body had been in the water too long and was way too decomposed to be her..

Now it IS her.....I also heard (only the once tho) that it was body parts they found..

As a parent I would need to have an independent DNA test done....just for peace of mind.....the doubts are enormous IMO..

They took DNA samples and confirmed it already that it was her.

Totally agree. I dont know. I would be bringing the body home to Australia, and getting it tested.

Sad for the parents. I cant imagine what they are going through, your kids you would die for.Until you have kids you cant understand that.

Something stinks with this case...very bizarre

Son of the hostel owner interviewd for 38 hrs, nothing comes of it and is released only to slag her off in a newspaper.

Owner of Hostel attempts to mail her passport home the day she vanishes.

All her travel "friends" leave Croatia the day she disappears. Interpol yet to track them down.

Croatian police tell the family its not the body then say it is the body.

I wouldnt be surprised if the remains arent hers. Something fishy is going on here

Agree with KK - something is not right here. The fact the police seem to be doing very little makes the whole thing be really suspicious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh missing white woman syndrome being played in front of our eyes. The ony think that stink is her body.

Meh missing white woman syndrome being played in front of our eyes. The ony think that stink is her body.

Just because you don't agree with the media coverage of it doesn't mean you should disrespect this chick. Get off your high horse.

yes it is sad for the family and for those that knew her. i hope they catch the bastard that did this. sometimes i do wonder why guys do this kinda sh** to other people.

but a very good point was made here, if the person that went missing was a black man none of us would know about it, the police wouldve done nothing and the family would be faced with brick walls and still looking for a body.

it is not just missing people. Look at the media coverage on Schapelle Corby, van Nguyen and the 2 naturalised australian vietnamese guys to be executed in Vietnam. It was laughable the sh** that was reported, along with the general public opinion at the time.

Just because you don't agree with the media coverage of it doesn't mean you should disrespect this chick. Get off your high horse.

Why casue she is anglo has blonde hair blue eys and is pretty. I really couldn't give a s**t...and don't blame me blame me the media for making me cynical.

The day i see the kind of media footage afforded to a non white anglo person is the day i will care. As it stands meh care factor 0.

Why casue she is anglo has blonde hair blue eys and is pretty. I really couldn't give a s**t...and don't blame me blame me the media for making me cynical.

The day i see the kind of media footage afforded to a non white anglo person is the day i will care. As it stands meh care factor 0.

If your care factor is zero why do you keep showing up on this thread? If you want to have a go at the media for following this story start your own thread, instead of disrespecting a dead girl in this one.

Also http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5325808 covers it well.

It sucks that it's happened for her family, but the media and her family has made it into an hysterical storm that has me simply annoyed because they have an agenda now and it cant and wont be stopped, because it sells, nothing more.

FFS! the parents come across as the worst media tarts Ive seen in a long time.
People are murdered and die of every day of the week so get over it and at the same time get your heads off the TV screen and stop blaming everyone you can think of. The worst type of tabliod reporting.

FFS! the parents come across as the worst media tarts Ive seen in a long time.
People are murdered and die of every day of the week so get over it and at the same time get your heads off the TV screen and stop blaming everyone you can think of. The worst type of tabliod reporting.

Thats becasue they are middle class sheltered people who think the whole world should revolve around them and them only. Selfish people who have insulted a lot of people who have also had people gone missing or murdered without even a whimper from the media with their performance, especially her mother.

Middle class people always think the world revolves around them.

Is anyone else sick of the way the dad is going on about it? I understand you would do anything for your kids but now its becoming clear that there is this arrogance in that he thinks because he is Australian we deserve to be treated better and differently to locals. Again another case of an Australian thinking he is bigger and better than the local customs.

Just show a bit of respect for the way things are done, regardless if in Australia it is done in a different manner.

And yeah the media using the same pic of her (you know the one where she looks pretty) to tap into our judgemental collective minds and flogging this story again a sad reflection on the way the media has sunk to levels lower than ever experienced.

I am 110% certain had this girl been of an ethnic background and carry a few pounds, not attractive or even a non anglo male then there would be next to no coverage.

The media in austalia is becoming ever so racist, perfect example is the "Our Nicole" "Our Kylie" saturation, even when they flop or kill a movie in kidmans case, the australian media cannot fault these two. Yet when a non anglo actor or singer manages to kill a movie the meida goes into a frenzy with its negativity.

I wonder why that is. Sick of the aussie media pampering to bogans and nuff nuffs.

Don't like Australians much aye **** for a brain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back