Unsolved Missing - Novy Chardon

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
Some may have been following this story of missing Gold coast Woman Novy Chardon.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...h-coomera-police/story-e6freoof-1226585014982

The one where her husband went on a business trip with his kids tow days later. There was no denying though the marriage was in a bad state and I don't think the husband has even tried to hide that fact.

Now she might do a runner from him but the reports are suggesting she would struggle to leave the kids. There are a couple of other factors that would question that too, like apparently just having registered her ABN (small but something suggesting she was sticking around for her beauty business).

It appears she has gone off for a few days at a time before but not this long. Her Car however was found parked in a spot near Nerang station but according to residents it's often parked there and to date no one is sure why. A couple of creeks/Rivers have been searched but turned up nothing.

If she was murdered and dumped in a local waterway the recent return of the flooding rain could make finding her body more difficult too.

Today the husband did his first formal interview with police http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...h-coomera-police/story-e6freoof-1226585014982. Obviously that is less than ideal to take that time for a key witness.

There appears to be a couple of pieces of circumstantial evidence around the husband such as the night of Novey's disappearance he damaged his car by driving out of the garage so fast he didn't wit for the door to fully open and damaged the top of his car but kept driving and a description of a person similar near his parked wife's car in the company of a younger female and someone else.

However those advocating the runner theory also have some eye witness reports of her hitchhiking on the M1. You'd be surprised though she would dump her own car without having organised a lift if she were doing a bolt.

The question is though can the police find some significant evidence, not just circumstantial for the piece they need.

Any thoughts people?

This is all a mere couple of kms from me so it has been quite weird seeing the local area and businesses on the news. When you hear the husband left for a business trip overseas two days after she disappeared and took the kids with him, you smile knowingly and think you know what is going on. Why did he not return earlier?

Then he returns and you see this 65 year old, way out of shape old man, and wonder how much he is capable of. My view and apologies if anybody knows Novy, this was clearly a marriage of convenience, mail order in the old terminology, and there is every possibility that she was seeing somebody else on the side. She is an attractive woman some 30 years younger than her husband.

The husband was quite aggressive to the media upon his return.

However, her car was parked behind Movie World for 3 days then moved to Nerang. So now for the husband to be involved, we need an accomplice. Or, and it happens a bit around here, the car was simply used for joyriding by kids and its moving had little to do with her disappearance.

I hadn't heard that the car was often parked at Nerang Station. That's interesting.

This is all a mere couple of kms from me so it has been quite weird seeing the local area and businesses on the news. When you hear the husband left for a business trip overseas two days after she disappeared and took the kids with him, you smile knowingly and think you know what is going on. Why did he not return earlier?

Then he returns and you see this 65 year old, way out of shape old man, and wonder how much he is capable of. My view and apologies if anybody knows Novy, this was clearly a marriage of convenience, mail order in the old terminology, and there is every possibility that she was seeing somebody else on the side. She is an attractive woman some 30 years younger than her husband.

The husband was quite aggressive to the media upon his return.

However, her car was parked behind Movie World for 3 days then moved to Nerang. So now for the husband to be involved, we need an accomplice. Or, and it happens a bit around here, the car was simply used for joyriding by kids and its moving had little to do with her disappearance.

I hadn't heard that the car was often parked at Nerang Station. That's interesting.

I'll find you the link tonight, but if that’s accurate the random joyride to park in a spot she often does sounds too much of a coincidence. Again however if it was parked behind movie world for 3 days and were looking at the husband this would have needed an accomplice as he would have been in Indonesia.

This is where these 2 adult stepdaughters come in.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...man-novy-chardon/story-e6freoof-1226586379834

I belive there was an adult female sighted near the car in Nerang that did not match Novy's description. This person may have also had car trouble of her own when picked up on the street and invovles a white coralla. Interesting to see if we have a vehcle match.

Looks like this has reached stalemate.

She hasn’t been found and her bank accounts and her phone’s are unused. She seemed like the sort of person who would use both frequently and if she were doing a runner from her husband she probably would have not switched off her life.

Despite not saying so officially, it would look like the husband and the adult daughters are certainly suspects. There is motive and opportunity.

But now the hard bit is the proof. There is no body and apparently no forensic evidence. Accounting for his movement is the only suspicious act, that he left his house very quickly damaging it. There appears to be no other accounts for his movement that night.

For the police to win this there going to need to knock the alternatives out. That she had a dalliance with an other person and that sounds from reading between the lines as a possibility. There are also the witnesses to the hitchhiker matching her description heading down the M1. This will be gold for any defence team in any trial, even if she turns up dead the possibility that someone else was the perpetrator will fit into the reasonable doubt category unless a forensic or eye witness comes to the party or they can account for that hitchhiker.

There is no way this woman is alive and it was not her hitchhiking on the highway. It's a fair chance these were his mates making phone calls and reporting sighting to try to throw The Police off the scent.

I know both the crime board has been quiet and this is not the most followed case but regardless it is big in Queensland and potential for growth interest. I have mail of a suppression order made by the Southport Magistrates court this morning on one of the potential players.

Much like the well known suppression order from Victoria the details cant be exactly given.

However please no posting relating of rumors of yet to be heard unrelated charges in the state of Queensland for any of the Chardon family, whether that by the husband or his daughters by previous marriage. It will be allowed if it is linked to a genuine recognised reputable news source. In this case Reputable news sites do not include journalist's personal blogs or tweets.

Husband. Daughters may have helped.

Just get a divorce you dick head. Or better still, don't marry a mail order bride if it bothers you that you are being used.

Husband. Daughters may have helped.

Just get a divorce you dick head. Or better still, don't marry a mail order bride if it bothers you that you are being used.

why is she a mail order bride??? she is from Indonesia. She had her own business. Not all Asian women are "mail order brides"

why is she a mail order bride??? she is from Indonesia. She had her own business. Not all Asian women are "mail order brides"
My local ironing lady who owns the laundrette is Thai. She's still a mail order bride as is Novy Chardon.

Or do you think a much younger asian woman from a 3rd world country who has married a much older white dude is a "no but my one is different"? You sound as delusional as the old white men who marry these women and think these much younger women are marrying them for love.

My local ironing lady who owns the laundrette is Thai. She's still a mail order bride as is Novy Chardon.

Or do you think a much younger asian woman from a 3rd world country who has married a much older white dude is a "no but my one is different"? You sound as delusional as the old white men who marry these women and think these much younger women are marrying them for love.

she is Indonesian!!! you sound like one of these bigots who think all Asian women who marry Australian men come from Thailand or the Philippines

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now reporting that a car has been found buried in the backyard.

Which poses the question: How the * does someone bury a car in a suburban back yard, the size of half a basketball court, with no one seeing anything???

Now reporting that a car has been found buried in the backyard.

Which poses the question: How the **** does someone bury a car in a suburban back yard, the size of half a basketball court, with no one seeing anything???

A guy in QLD or NSW last year got busted because he'd claimed his car was stolen,I think maybe a couple of years earlier,yet police found it buried in the ground in his own backyard.

Is the house where this car has been found in a suburban St ?
If it isn't I guess it would be easy to bury a car without anyone noticing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back